Home

Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

This is a discussion on Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #17
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Really??????
I'm confused at your confusion. You expect 1 person to work 8-10 hours per day, 365 days per year? I don't know anyone that works that long, every day, in any job.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-23-2016, 10:17 PM   #18
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I'm confused at your confusion. You expect 1 person to work 8-10 hours per day, 365 days per year? I don't know anyone that works that long, every day, in any job.
Well seeing your being literal I own 2 businesses and am a college basketball assistant coach which is also a year round 3rd job. I probably have 5 days off a year where I do absolutely nothing. Some days I work 18 hour days some I put in 2. Plenty of people work hard out there to make their dreams a reality.

My point was though that NBA2k has a few guys (da czar and OG) who focus all year long putting in long hours to replicate real basketball and put in real plays into the game to make it a authentic representation of real basketball. It would only take 1-2 guys to do the same for madden. Shoot they could do it with what they have in the game. My point was in response to mrprice in saying they would need a team of 10 people to do what the OP was asking about. 365 days meant it's a long year. Maybe I should have said 261 working days at 8-10 hours per week. Or wait am I forgetting vacation time?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #19

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea I don't get the point either.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #20
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Lol hard to grasp... ok I'll move on...
Old 06-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Lol hard to grasp... ok I'll move on...
Not hard to grasp, there is a vast difference from someone on a fixed salary versus someone such as yourself who's income is dependent on how your two businesses do plus your third job.

It's not a fair comparison to make nor is it an equal comparison to make.

You can thumb your nose if it makes you feel better but it doesn't make what your doing equal to what him, myself or anyone else here does for a living. Not at all sure the relevancy that has to Madden though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 10:35 PM   #22
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Well seeing your being literal I own 2 businesses and am a college basketball assistant coach which is also a year round 3rd job. I probably have 5 days off a year where I do absolutely nothing. Some days I work 18 hour days some I put in 2. Plenty of people work hard out there to make their dreams a reality.

My point was though that NBA2k has a few guys (da czar and OG) who focus all year long putting in long hours to replicate real basketball and put in real plays into the game to make it a authentic representation of real basketball. It would only take 1-2 guys to do the same for madden. Shoot they could do it with what they have in the game. My point was in response to mrprice in saying they would need a team of 10 people to do what the OP was asking about. 365 days meant it's a long year. Maybe I should have said 261 working days at 8-10 hours per week. Or wait am I forgetting vacation time?
Yeah you should be more literal. I thought you really expected someone to work on that everyday of the year.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-23-2016, 10:45 PM   #23
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Not hard to grasp, there is a vast difference from someone on a fixed salary versus someone such as yourself who's income is dependent on how your two businesses do plus your third job.

It's not a fair comparison to make nor is it an equal comparison to make.

You can thumb your nose if it makes you feel better but it doesn't make what your doing equal to what him, myself or anyone else here does for a living. Not at all sure the relevancy that has to Madden though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Yeah you should be more literal. I thought you really expected someone to work on that everyday of the year.
I'm not comparing was just stating there are people out there who work year round with not many days off. But I wasn't comparing it to madden devs.

Sorry if my post got misconstrued. I wasn't saying devs should be working longer or harder. I was responding to a different poster's comment about the fact that it would take 10 people to do a job that I believe could be handled by 1. I referenced nba2k because they allocate resources to an area of the game THEY find important for authenticity. I believe with what madden has in the game with just the plays they have in the game currently could still suffice if they just reworked situational star ratings and proper run to pass ratios to better represent how teams play in real life. That in itself would not take long to do as users in this forum do that themselves. They watch film, take notes, add plays, subtract plays, get proper and real formations their teams run irl then adjust the situations to which plays are run on 3rd and long, short, medium as an example. That's just a quick fix. That would change the way the OP and a lot of others way of thinking about everyone plays the same in madden. So back to my point that it wouldn't take 10 people or multiple dev cycles to create what we want.

It was a fliped comment I made and wasn't meant to compare work loads or be taken literally.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:36 AM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Dead on! Check out this thread about teams playbooks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...playbooks.html

It is fixable but a lot of work. Editing playbooks and most importantly situational star ratings in categories is the key to get teams to play more true to how they do irl. It also makes the CPU extremely fun and tough to play against. It's crazy they can fix this easily by what they already have in their game but it go's untouched. You see games like nba2k with real playbooks and a guy (da czar and OG) specifically working on real plays and playbooks for authenticity. EA is way behind in this area. I'm just really hoping we can set CPU teams with edited playbooks this year and share some playbooks that work this year!

As far as players playing like themselves EA is again way behind. No signature moves, etc but again editing ratings you can get guys to play more true to life with more spread out ratings.

Hopefully this is a focus moving forward!
This is the type of stuff I refer to when asking for a "Simulation" setting in Madden, one that utilizes all the currently available tools in the game to provide the most realistic NFL experience possible. Reading about things gamers in the community are able accomplish with those tools is amazing to me and I wish EA Tib would put these creative gamers on a project together to create a Simulation setting. I don't understand when the reply to that suggestion is "Madden has way more work to do, this won't fix anything", no one expects it too, nor does it fix other sports games that have one, what it will do is provide gamers a factory preset option to get more realistic experience based on input from some of the most creative gamers in this community.

Also this isn't just about offline gamers because something like that, with that much input and influence into it, could effect all modes of play using that setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »