Home

Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

This is a discussion on Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #33
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Instead of telling me to re-read the OP, perhaps you should re-read the forum topic. This is a forum to discuss Madden. It isn't a forum for you to "talk about a company" or to compare development companies.

You know full well that dev bashing isn't allowed. To use your own words, trying to say they "don't care" about something is pure speculation and non-constructive. It's pie in the sky. Drop it.
I understand this can be a sensitive topic.

I never bashed the devs nor did I say EA doesn't care. Show me where I said that? What I did say was "it seems EA doesn't care about the user vs CPU play as much as user vs user" then I used a question mark after that. It's no different in me wanting them to put this as a focus moving forward as you wanting offensive lineman being injured in the game where you have put that in numerous different threads. My replies go straight in line with the topic of the thread. Others are twisting my words around when my responses are simply to others comments who took it to that place first. Never did I bash a dev. Never did I bash the company. The question is "is it a EA thing"? EA being the company. Listen, I love where this game is going. They have a pecking order though and a priority list that we might not agree with. That being said other games are leading the way in the category the OP brought up. It's fact.

The tools are already in the game to give us what the OP was asking about. EA reached out to Dan (fbg) last year about ratings. They were researching to see how this could be a positive for their game. I'm assuming they saw how there was a lot of hype and a following around that project and a lot of players felt it changed the game for the positive and made players feel more like their real life selves. There is a sticky in the madden thread about playbooks still that a mod obviously felt like it changed the game. Hopefully, they take notice to these things the community does to make a more authentic game. I guess I won't talk about how other companies do things.

All that being said and back to the signature topic and the Payton manning example it would be really cool to see other players or at least for starters the star players on each team get some love in these areas. Would anybody have some examples of players and possible signature animations they would like to see?
Old 06-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #34
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Their mindset can't be "Let's make teams play like their counterparts" because that would just wreak havoc by year 3 of CFM.

They have all they need there already, the mindset has to be "Let's make teams play to their strenghts"

You have the following:

A coach with a given coaching Style (west coast, vertical, power run...) and pass/run tendencies... CHECK!

Every play in the playbooks is part of some sort of concept that fits a given coaching style (ie. stretch run is part of zone running concept).... CHECK!

You have a ratings system that let's you know who your best players at each position are.... CHECK!

Well, if I'm in year 5 of a CFM and the Chargers are coached by Gary Kubiak I should see them running zone and stretch plays more often than not, and following the assigned ratios to a the coach. Doesn't seem that hard to implement with the current tools they already have in game. But I'm no developer sooooooo.....

This pretty much sums it up. Everything should be based on the coaches preferences and tendencies. If Des Bryant became a coach his scheme and play style should translate to his coaching tendencies.

The patriots should play however "NE Coach" wants them to. If he goes to the jets again, then they should call plays, draft, sign free agents and draft in alignment with NE coach.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 06-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #35
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It is something we're continuing to press them on. Live was a little bit better for 16 but not quite there yet. I'd say the same about 17 from my time with it through EA Play.
I can't thank you enough. You're doing us a huge favor. You and all the other "game changers" should team up or form an alliance to do a full court press on this issue cause this is huge in terms of gameplay that will make the majority happy and proud. Matter of fact why don't you link them this thread. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #36
Rookie

Would be nice.. The last time I felt like teams or players played similar to the real world 2K5 I think. They used a coach tendency system to control how teams played which was great if you were the simmer type as it let you prepare differently each week.

Each time I went up against a team with a TO or Moss they would get 8 or 10+ catches each time and were a pain to stop. Ended up having to double team and roll a LB underneath to even have a chance.

In the end really there wouldnt need to be a whole lot done other than bring in another Coaches tendency system. Teams would then favor short , medium or long passes or left , middle or right runs or the type of run ( delay , pitch etc ) and even what they like to do out of certain formations.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:35 AM   #37
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

What I want to do more tracking of is whether or not the telemetry stuff matches up for CPU teams in franchise. That'd be a huge first step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 11:08 AM   #38
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Eventually I'd like to see something like dynamic playbooks that are influenced by player ratings where certain attributes/overalls come with star increases and decreases for given plays in the playbook. Fast QB's give half star increases to read options and QB runs, high OVR QB's increase passing plays stars, low THP QB's decrease deep pass plays by half star, high TRK RB's increases stars on runs between the tackles, etc. Something like that would go a long way in adding life to CFM and having teams play more to their strengths and weaknesses.

GamePlan started out as a very meh feature meant to speed up the amount of time it took to play a game by emulating a coordinator calling plays for you but it's become something that really has endless possibilities that could be created if they took the time to use what's been in the game for several years to it's fullest capabilities. Just simply making more of the playbook available for each situation would greatly spice up things from a User v. CPU standpoint.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Eventually I'd like to see something like dynamic playbooks that are influenced by player ratings where certain attributes/overalls come with star increases and decreases for given plays in the playbook. Fast QB's give half star increases to read options and QB runs, high OVR QB's increase passing plays stars, low THP QB's decrease deep pass plays by half star, high TRK RB's increases stars on runs between the tackles, etc. Something like that would go a long way in adding life to CFM and having teams play more to their strengths and weaknesses.

GamePlan started out as a very meh feature meant to speed up the amount of time it took to play a game by emulating a coordinator calling plays for you but it's become something that really has endless possibilities that could be created if they took the time to use what's been in the game for several years to it's fullest capabilities. Just simply making more of the playbook available for each situation would greatly spice up things from a User v. CPU standpoint.
What do you mean, Deuce? Are u saying teams don't run 4verts on every 3rd & long? :P
Old 06-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #40
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
On the Peyton thing, that was actually Madden 08 for the XBOX. Maybe even Madden 07 too but I can't remember. He would sound, act, and move just like the real Peyton. I don't believe they've done anything like that since.
Madden 05 was the first time it appeared

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »