Home

GameInformer: 10 Downs with Clint Oldenburg

This is a discussion on GameInformer: 10 Downs with Clint Oldenburg within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: GameInformer: 10 Downs with Clint Oldenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Raises a good question, does franchise ship "broken" so people have more incentive to try out other modes like MUT and DC?
Nope, not, never in my case, no way.

Conspiracy question?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:17 AM   #18
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Raises a good question, does franchise ship "broken" so people have more incentive to try out other modes like MUT and DC?

Come on, man.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
LOL!

I think most people workaround the franchise issues until they are patched. At least thats what I do. I have no interest in MUT whether Franchise sucks or is great.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
It doesn't have to be... I played MUT properly for the first time this year after Franchise needed quite a few updates at launch. Didn't spend a penny and got my team to 84OVR... although at that point with all the daily/weekly stuff it felt like I was playing Destiny again...

If franchise ships a bit broke again, will try and play without spending. But it is nowhere near as good a mode as CFM, its just addictive.

I tried to grind the no money way. Talk about a horribly repetitive mode. I did MUT for two years, but there is zero chance I go back. I now refuse to spend additional money on a game mode.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm mostly just a football gamer, other than a minor dabble in some racing games or a shooter once in a while, so i literally don't know.

So a game like NBA, do they offer the same modes? An ultimate team, and a Franchise, or what ever they would call it?

Are the NBA games going the way of ultimate team, and showing reduced numbers in Franchise, o is this strictly a madden thing?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #22
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I actually did try out DC last year for all of one quarter because of the franchise issues lol. But I think it has to do with a lack of testing prior to launch to find those issues.

It was one thing when the sliders weren't working because that really was something that was hard to identify. But it only took playing one game last year to know drive goals/confidence were a huge problem. And then the one year where teams ran 60% of the time was another thing where you only had to play 3-4 games to realize that something isn't right.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #23
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think franchise is prone to more bugs due to more moving parts. All those parts have to be constantly tweaked and bug tested. I don't think any developer wants to release an imperfect game but it all comes down to time. They try to minimize the worst ones as much as they can before launch and they continue to tune and bug fix well after it has launched. I would imagine that MUT and DC is relatively less complex than franchise.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think franchise is prone to more bugs due to more moving parts. All those parts have to be constantly tweaked and bug tested. I don't think any developer wants to release an imperfect game but it all comes down to time. They try to minimize the worst ones as much as they can before launch and they continue to tune and bug fix well after it has launched. I would imagine that MUT and DC is relatively less complex than franchise.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
The real-time gameplay stuff is the most difficult part of a team oriented sports game. Franchise is much less complex than gameplay. The most difficult part of franchise would be balance. Balancing AI/CPU logic (trade, draft, free agent, scouting, etc), and balancing progression. A lot of franchise would/could be pretty straightforward. I wouldn't mind working on a franchise mode, but man, I wouldn't want to work on gameplay.

I do think you are right that Franchise Mode (CFM) is much more involved than MUT/DC. I don't think you have the same balancing issues (outside of gameplay) in MUT/DC that you do in CFM.

Just my take on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »