Home

New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're Hearing

This is a discussion on New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're Hearing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:40 AM   #65
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
I'm loving the idea that EA is updating the commentary as they go along - so kudos to the development team for committing to that.

The thing I'm hearing that is a little disappointing is that the commentary is not reactive. I'm in the second year of cfm and they don't ever say rookie's names (even if the name is in the game) and the commentary doesn't update - after scoring a TD they mentioned that the receiver had scored 6 last season and could improve on it. Yeah, he did - that was a year ago. I also rebuilt the stadium and the commentators are talking like the Raiders might move. It needs to be more dynamic.

Idk if that's entirely true because when I scored with Gurley in week 2 for the first time of the year they talked about how he was an all pro as a rookie and had 10 TDs last year and with this TD here it now gives him
11 for his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 AM   #66
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Commentary Update?

Where about does this pop-up occur?

I've yet to have it anywhere
Old 08-25-2016, 05:48 AM   #67
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: New Commentary Update Available Now For Madden NFL 17, Lets Us Know What You're H

I think CFM stuff will be part of the much larger updates that the dev eluded to. Haven't bought the game but I enjoy reading reactions and analysis from those that have. The commentary is a bright spot. Madden 18 will undoubtedly take it up a notch....hopefully gameplay makes the same, much needed dramatic leap forward.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:57 AM   #68
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Wha-wha-wha-WHAT???!!! Lol. Agree to disagree (on the FIFA devs). FIFA has been at the forefront of gaming for years! Lol. That game has been fantastic for years, and it keeps getting better and more realistic! I've been playing the FIFA 17 beta, and HOLY SH-T!!! They gave infinity engine to madden, because they were ahead of their time and certainly ahead of madden. Now, they're the first ea sports game to use frostbite, and let me tell u, the player models look AMAZING! The wrinkles on players' jerseys actually MOVE!! Lol. Anyways, I'm a fan of madden (Rex's madden team) AND FIFA. But, when I first started playing FIFA around 10 years ago, I was amazed at how much more realistic the game was to soccer compared to madden to football. The gameplay and ball physics in FIFA are now truly amazing. So, I don't think FIFA devs are 'lazy'. Lol. They just created the 'story mode' thing, too. I'm not sure what their franchise looks like, cause I only play h2h FIFA. But, anyways, that game and their dev team has always been innovative.

I'm sorry I know this is completely off topic but I had to.

Fifa is a very pretty game. But realistic? Come on, man.

Also, I haven't heard any new commentary in CFM. I guess that's coming later.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 06:34 AM   #69
Rookie

Razor7787's Arena

OVR: 0

They talked about Jeremy Langford`s Injury today. Very Up-To-Date. I like.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #70
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I think CFM stuff will be part of the much larger updates that the dev eluded to. Haven't bought the game but I enjoy reading reactions and analysis from those that have. The commentary is a bright spot. Madden 18 will undoubtedly take it up a notch....hopefully gameplay makes the same, much needed dramatic leap forward.

Yep

Old 08-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Was playing a game earlier today and they talked about It being Madden release week and players not being happy with their ratings.

Good ****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Wha-wha-wha-WHAT???!!! Lol. Agree to disagree (on the FIFA devs). FIFA has been at the forefront of gaming for years! Lol. That game has been fantastic for years, and it keeps getting better and more realistic! I've been playing the FIFA 17 beta, and HOLY SH-T!!! They gave infinity engine to madden, because they were ahead of their time and certainly ahead of madden. Now, they're the first ea sports game to use frostbite, and let me tell u, the player models look AMAZING! The wrinkles on players' jerseys actually MOVE!! Lol. Anyways, I'm a fan of madden (Rex's madden team) AND FIFA. But, when I first started playing FIFA around 10 years ago, I was amazed at how much more realistic the game was to soccer compared to madden to football. The gameplay and ball physics in FIFA are now truly amazing. So, I don't think FIFA devs are 'lazy'. Lol. They just created the 'story mode' thing, too. I'm not sure what their franchise looks like, cause I only play h2h FIFA. But, anyways, that game and their dev team has always been innovative.

have to disagree with you there.

all the FIFA devs care about nowadays is Ultimate Team and trying to kill PES by hoarding licenses.

The gameplay (which is worse than PES) has barely changed in 7 years. Same floaty ball physics - same massively arcade styel of playing. The only thing that looks to have improved is by using the Frostbite engine, the player models look less like waxwork figures than they used to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »