Home

#1 Cornerback alignment

This is a discussion on #1 Cornerback alignment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #41
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #1 Cornerback alignment

Yeah not sure what this the top receiver always lines up on the right in the nfl because of sightline thing is. If your going I - pro right, your split end is lining up on the left. Now for madden I don't care if the past versions were unrealistic I just want the top cb on the top wr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #42
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novicain13
Is man align broken as well?

Good freakin question. I don't see safeties going across the formation to get in better positions.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #43
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

Good stuff. Crazy to think with all the testing they could miss this. But hopefully they patch it one way or the other. With the move to the frostbite engine for 18 I'm sure we'll have defensive assignments and madden will be closer to a complete game.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

At first I thought this was just great attention to detail by the developers when I saw that Jimmy Smith is my #1 corner but lines up on the weakside most often as he does in real life.

Unfortunately I also noticed that in all my nickel sets he lines up as the slot corner which is not at all like real life.

It looks like the team is halfway trying to make things more realistic with x,y,z positions, but doing it halfway is worse than the old way.

Hopefully they fix it this year to make things more consistent, and then next season we get realistic depth charts using x,y,z and SAM/Will on defense
Old 08-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #45
Just started!

WR Swap doesn't even work at least this sub formation is broken on the ps4. That cannot be by design.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Yeah not sure what this the top receiver always lines up on the right in the nfl because of sightline thing is. If your going I - pro right, your split end is lining up on the left. Now for madden I don't care if the past versions were unrealistic I just want the top cb on the top wr.

X receivers line up everywhere. The NFL isn't high school guys. They swap sides with the Z, line up in the slot, on the line/off the line, whatever gives an advantage.

Pay attention to this when you watch a game, you will notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #47
Rookie

DarthLeon's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, that explains why Antonio Brown was smoking me so hard; he was lining up against Bethel all game while Peterson played patty cake with Wheaton.

This is actually a massive problem and makes good #1's basically unstoppable. There's no way EA just leaves it like this all year, is there?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #48
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Just having the Number 1 receiver in the depth chart line up on the right side doesn't fix the issue though. People will just move their number 1 receiver to the 2nd spot on the depth chart to get away from the number 1 corner. The only true way to fix this is to allow assignment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »