Home

Madden Passing is Hopelessly, Hilariously Broken

This is a discussion on Madden Passing is Hopelessly, Hilariously Broken within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden Passing is HOPELESSLY, HILARIOUSLY Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Sliders do not fix the fact that the defensive AI is programmed to run to a specific point and allow themselves to be blocked by the offense. The offense and defense do not flow independently of each other like they used to. An offensive lineman should not be able to come across an entire gap to block a defensive lineman without giving up some ground. Playside backers should not wait to be blocked but instead meet the blocker to clog up the running lane. Weakside backers should not run in a straight line to the football running into everyone in their path.

These are programming issues that haven't always been issues.
Programming issues, yes, absolutely.

There are slider makers out there that slow down those issues, ie a band-aide until programming is corrected in those areas.

Have you even tried sliders to combat the defensive run issues or just used default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
You''re NEVER going to get what you are asking for simple because this is a video game man. These are not real human beings making moves on the fly. This is artificial intelligence being programmed to do certain things based on situation and circumstance. The people you see on the screen ARE NOT REALLLLLLL LOL! If you can grasp that bit of reality then you will be able to enjoy this game.

I have only been on these forums for a few days, but I have been on multiple other forums with people that have the mentality that the guys on here do, and while I very much respect their opinions, this is one thing that almost nobody that I have seen, that says they are a simulation player, or that says the game is, or needs to be " more realistic" either in one aspect, or as a whole, is ever going to accept, at least from what I have seen.

You are exactly right, it is a video game adaptation of the NFL, not the real life NFL, and needs to be a bit unrealistic at times, or it will get boring to most people after so long, that is just how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
This game is not a sim lmao. It's an arcade version of football. EA has stated in the past that they do not aim for a sim experience because that isn't what the majority of fans want in a football game.

This is very, very true. I know guys personally that I used to have this same argument with some years ago, that used to forget that EA themselves said that.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:23 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofchampions
This is very, very true. I know guys personally that I used to have this same argument with some years ago, that used to forget that EA themselves said that.

The current developers do want a sim game and have said that multiple times, though. So, whatever was said in the past, is neither here nor there now.

It's just taking awhile to build the game back up to sim.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

Completely disagree, the passing is far more balanced. I echo what someone else said, go into the training and do the route concepts training.

You can't just throw into big coverage every time and expect catches. While they shouldn't necessarily be drops (e.g., in the WRs hands and he drops the ball), it ends up producing more realistic results, it's just that the animations show it as a drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Imagine this game a 'true sim.' These boards would be lit up with threads about incompletions, wiffed blocks, nano blitzes, holding calls, blown plays etc.

Madden does a good job with balance though.
Agreed. It's not a straight simulation because even more hardcore simulations style players would not want that. Imagine if 50% of your passes were utterly uncatchable. The NFL does pass-by-pass breakdowns of preseason (and regular season) games now, and imagine if your incompletions were all virtually unchatchable:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...eseason-Week-3

The reality is that the majority of incompletions are 5+ feet from a WR and in the dirt. In Madden, most incompletions are either tipped away, dropped, or broken up. Part of this may be because it's difficult to simulate incompletions, but also part of it is that the game becomes a lot more boring if most of the incompletions are unplayable by the offense or defense.

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-28-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The current developers do want a sim game and have said that multiple times, though. So, whatever was said in the past, is neither here nor there now.

It's just taking awhile to build the game back up to sim.

Source?

Old 08-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofchampions
Source?

Rex Dickson interviews. His recent interview said when Cam Weber, Rex and (can't think of the other developers name) came aboard they drew a line in the sand and said sim is the direction they are taking the game. Clint Oldenburg wants sim too.

There are also references on Twitter. Page through the developer tweets thread above.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #48
Rookie

Madden Passing is HOPELESSLY, HILARIOUSLY Broken

I see, well(and I say this because from what I have read some of madden's developers came from there) if this turns into madden the show, with unnecessary increases in difficulty, I hope they are prepared to alienate the largest part of their player base, and see a large hit in their profit margins, because that is what will likely happen.

Something similar happened with the tiger woods games(when they were still called that), a lot of people stopped playing (and that game has always had a relatively small player base) because part of the appeal of it was to be tiger woods and dominate the golf course, and when they for seemingly no clear reason changed the controls, it made it harder but not necessarily more realistic and ultimately ruined the experience.

Most people want to play without having to spend 10 hours in the skills trainer, EA needs to remember that.

Last edited by cityofchampions; 08-28-2016 at 01:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »