Home

Easy Deep Ball RAC catch

This is a discussion on Easy Deep Ball RAC catch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Easy Deep Ball RAC catch

I had a play where i literally backed my corner 10 yards off the line vs a wr that is 3 points faster with identical acceleration and 55 threshold. He got beat on a bomb by 5 yards....

thats 15 yrds that those 3 points made up for.

45 f*cking feet....
Old 09-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 6

I just threw 6 Tds to golden Tate on all madden difficulty 6 min qtrs. Lions 42-27 over the Browns. Stafford had 445 passing yards on 10 completions. This game is a joke. I'm the most disappointed in this madden
Old 09-15-2016, 12:40 AM   #35
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
I just threw 6 Tds to golden Tate on all madden difficulty 6 min qtrs. Lions 42-27 over the Browns. Stafford had 445 passing yards on 10 completions. This game is a joke. I'm the most disappointed in this madden
I think you're in the minority in your scoring on All-Madden...Do you switch up plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #36
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I understand that everyone has their own ideas but to me, Press coverage is a problem. CPU use it a lot and 8 out of 10 my WR (70ovr or 99ovr) will beat it and give me a easy TD. CPU press too much as well.

Like someone said before the outcome is not rating based since my lousy WR are beating decent CB.
I agree... Press coverage is a mess in that there is too much of a loss chance for the CB and when they do lose, they lose big...And it appears the CPU is not considering a player's "Press" rating when calling plays, as it's all playbook play star ratings based, as far as I can tell.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-15-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:11 AM   #37
Rookie

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe's Arena

Their is definitely an issue in regard to deep ball. I was repeatedly torched in an online franchise game by cooper if I left 1v1 coverage. Did not matter if man or zone coverage, Cooper went for 8 rec 319yds 4tds as the deep ball was spammed. MOST importantly it seems to be a glitch notice how the CB glitches his position as ball is in air jerking to the inside to provide Cooper with the needed seperation. Needless to say I was frustrated. Am I crazy or what? Video below..

https://youtu.be/DrN3rs0P4rw

Last edited by SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe; 09-15-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:46 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
You may consider using cover two.
Or shade over the top.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:04 AM   #39
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe
Their is definitely an issue in regard to deep ball. I was repeatedly torched in an online franchise game by cooper if I left 1v1 coverage. Did not matter if man or zone coverage, Cooper went for 8 rec 319yds 4tds as the deep ball was spammed. MOST importantly it seems to be a glitch notice how the CB glitches his position as ball is in air jerking to the inside to provide Cooper with the needed seperation. Needless to say I was frustrated. Am I crazy or what? Video below..

https://youtu.be/DrN3rs0P4rw
You out here going Cover 0 with an 88 speed DB (if that is Jonathan Joseph #24) vs a 92 speed WR - ''once he's even, he's leaving''. You cannot isolate slow DB's with out help like in the past (which was not realistic)

It's not a glitch, it's bad play-calling seriously. Roll some safety help by choosing man Cov 2 Under (or Cover 3 Cloud for zone), and if you wanna leave Crabtree 1 v 1 then control the safety not over Cooper, but to keep calling what you're getting torched in defensively is a bad idea if you're just expecting your all out blitz to work.

Match-ups matter this year, if you are facing a fast receiver you have to call your defense accordingly if you have sub 90 speed DBs.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 09-15-2016, 09:21 AM   #40
Rookie

Easy Deep Ball RAC catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
You out here going Cover 0 with an 88 speed DB (if that is Jonathan Joseph #24) vs a 92 speed WR - ''once he's even, he's leaving''. You cannot isolate slow DB's with out help like in the past (which was not realistic)

It's not a glitch, it's bad play-calling seriously. Roll some safety help by choosing man Cov 2 Under (or Cover 3 Cloud for zone), and if you wanna leave Crabtree 1 v 1 then control the safety not over Cooper, but to keep calling what you're getting torched in defensively is a bad idea if you're just expecting your all out blitz to work.

Match-ups matter this year, if you are facing a fast receiver you have to call your defense accordingly if you have sub 90 speed DBs.

If Derek Carr saw that Cooper was going to be isolated one-on-one with almost any corner in real life, especially in a press situation, you'd better believe that the ball is going to be lofted up deep if Cooper beats the press.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the CPU seems to be calling better coverage now. I played 3 games last night and never got a Cover 1 Press or Cover 0 look. I had 2 deep plays in 3 games: Against Cover 2 Zone and the safety didn't get over in time, and a crossing route where my tight end was in man against a linebacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by tmart14; 09-15-2016 at 09:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »