Home

Kicking need changed.

This is a discussion on Kicking need changed. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 03:17 AM   #9
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kicking need changed.

I lost a game on a last second field goal from 29 yards in a online ranked match becuase of nasty lag. Nothin like watching my kick meter skip while trying to get it in the black box. 0-3 all game with field goals and 1 missed PAT. Same with my opponent, 1-3 and 1 missed PAT and kickoff kicked out of bounds. I like the new meter but HATE IT FOR ONLINE GAMEPLAY.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:25 AM   #10
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
I thought kicking was supposed to be done user side and then play out. They said it was to make it lag free. Is this not the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This would be great, I am pretty sure this is how MLB The Show is done with it's pitch meter, but I'm pretty sure that it is not the case in madden. As the last poster said he missed a FG due to lag, I know I ruined a kickoff today (though that actually turned out good) because of lag, I've watched in some of the streams of our CFM where people atrociously miss as well. So i'm pretty confident it is not done user side, or somewhere there is at least some sort of disconnect.

Again I'll restate, I don't think the analog was bad, they just gave it crazy good accuracy, if they made that style even near as touchy as this kick meter is, they would have got the same result.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #11
Rookie

El Generico's Arena

Another case of people wanting something nerfed or removed because they are either:

a. just not good at it
b. want the old, unsim, 100% field goals made

The new kicking is FANTASTIC. I still hit 85-90% of my field goals, which would be high in the NFL, but is actually sim. I love it. I hope nothing is changed with kicking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 07:46 AM   #12
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Generico
Another case of people wanting something nerfed or removed because they are either:

a. just not good at it
no, he's not making that case at all. he's complaining about the lag when playing online.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #13
Rookie

El Generico's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
no, he's not making that case at all. he's complaining about the lag when playing online.
Not at first, until it was called out.

And as someone who's played hundreds of games of Madden online over the last few years, I rarely have any lag. I have a good connection and rarely have an issue.

This year, I can never hit my kicks dead center on the kick arc, but I still rarely miss a kick.

People should practice with what they have and get better instead of calling for EA to change every little thing.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:56 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 1

Kicking isn't something that needs "fixed" because it's not broken. The lag, however, should be worked on.

Hard to blame the game mechanics for an online issue though, because per the OP if there was zero lag then kicking wouldn't be a problem. In the past, I missed FG's with the old meter due to lag too & being unable to hit full power. It wasn't the fault of the game mechanics though.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #15
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I was struggling a lot at first in games online but, I practiced and got the timing down and now I'm nailing most all kicks.

You can not let the power meter go to high on your kick. Hit it right at the beginning or before the green on most kicks. Hit it earlier on really short kicks.

Then when it's coming back to the accuracy click it's more forgiving and easy to time.

I agree it's harder online but, I've got it down.

The game has been out less than two weeks. People need to practice the new stuff instead of calling for it to be changed.

By the way the "new" kick meter is the "old school" way. They just brought it back. It was this way on some 360 versions and PS2 and before that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Generico

a. just not good at it

The new kicking is FANTASTIC. I still hit 85-90% of my field goals, which would be high in the NFL, but is actually sim. I love it. I hope nothing is changed with kicking.
I addressed both of those in my post and neither are true. I'm very good at this kicking and I prefer a game where kicking was harder than it is now. I want accurate stats with kicking just like everything else, but I prefer the feel of the old way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »