Home

Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update Scheduled To Arrive on September 9

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update Scheduled To Arrive on September 9 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #25
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update Scheduled To Arrive on September 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I am curious if the roster update will include all players on teams practice squads. So when we start our online league if we choose the 53 man roster to use, will the practice squads already be filled or no?
I doubt it, there's going to be a lot of teams with more than a few guys on their practice squads that aren't eligible for it in game. It'd be nice if they could circumvent that by doing this but I wouldn't count on it and I don't even think they could do it with how rosters are set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Really hoping they get on guys on IR that are on IR... I want to use rosters with injuries and then not looking back.
I'm really hoping for this is as well. It'd be nice even if they dropped two rosters for opening day, one standard and then one with all injuries and suspensions (through pre-existing injuries) accounted for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Wait.

Ok, so maybe it would be better to get an update earlier. But give credit that the actual date has been released instead of waiting everyday for an update. This transparency is a good thing.

I agree. My issue is a selfish one, but that is why it is my opinion!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Well, I can see why people would want it before season actually officially starts. And they should...no reason to have it that delayed.

But in any case, I just DL a roster in the share vault, and it was pretty well updated. I just went with that. No sense waiting so long. Doesn't make a difference to me personally.
I would just use the user roster but the first roster update has a lot of players who make teams that were not in the original roster, and EA can have those real players, unlike the user rosters, unless the person goes out of there way to create every new player. Its still too late, I could make a user roster with every new player created and all player transactions in one day, it shouldnt take EA until Friday, why would they release it after the season has started.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #28
Pro

Chugging along with play nows atm until this roster drops. Good to see it come out so soon, was expecting next Monday in all honesty. So Friday is a bonus as it means I can get going this weekend and gives me a few more days to nail down which team I take on.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #29
Banned

numberFour4ever's Arena

Thumbs down Re: Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update Scheduled To Arrive on September 9

Please exclude the Packers absurdity of cutting their All-Pro G.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:53 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I am curious if the roster update will include all players on teams practice squads. So when we start our online league if we choose the 53 man roster to use, will the practice squads already be filled or no?
The rosters outside of Franchise mode doesnt list practice squad anyways, so they will just need to keep the real players thats on the PS on the team. The will have the final 53, 10 PS players and the IR players, its able to go over since you can start your Franchise in the Pre season anyways.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #31
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

Will be interested to see how EA handles the Giants and their FB situation. Both Johnson and Whitlock are on IR so they can be used for the roster requirement of at least 1 FB, but don't think either can be on the depth chart since they are injured.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbravesfan
Will be interested to see how EA handles the Giants and their FB situation. Both Johnson and Whitlock are on IR so they can be used for the roster requirement of at least 1 FB, but don't think either can be on the depth chart since they are injured.
I don't think there is a FB requirement anymore. Using the 49ers, I'm halfway thru the second season and haven't had a fullback on the roster at any point
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »