Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #289
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Wow, I really appreciate the feedback man! That's fantastic stuff. I'm really hopeful I can get Hodges and Cushing, but you might be right that the difference between Cushing and Newell is negligible if not.

Let's say I take Cushing at #2 and Hodges isn't there at #4. Is there a reason you wouldn't reach for the other CB at 4? He seems like a stud with amazing physical tools, and at 22-years old I should be able to improve his coverage, no?
Tutt is a stud, but I think you could trade back and still get him slightly later in the first round. Up to you. Wouldn't take that OLB in the top 5 personally, though he does look like a very good player who is likely at least 78 OVR.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #290
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Tutt is a stud, but I think you could trade back and still get him slightly later in the first round. Up to you. Wouldn't take that OLB in the top 5 personally, though he does look like a very good player who is likely at least 78 OVR.
Here's the thing, the league is 26 users deep. Probably not going to be able to trade back from here, and if I did, Tutt would be gone. There's no other good CBs.

So I guess the question is, what's a better combo. Cushing + Tutt, or Hodges + Newell (If I can't secure the dream of Cushing + Hodges).

Also - from your experience, does the CPU do a good job of drafting QBs above their projected round instead of their TVR/scouted value? Cushing is a 2nd round pick in projections before scouting. Before scouting he's the 3rd best available, and there is one guy that's a 1st before scouting and still a late first after. What are the chances the Chargers take a QB other than Cushing if they do indeed take a QB at 3?
Old 10-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #291
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
It's a SIM League. For what it's worth, here are the guys I would be considering at 2/4....

Also, I'm the Cowboys. Have Dez, but Romo/Dak got injured season 1 and I just bombed the season away with Kellen Moore. I traded Dak in the package to get the #4 pick and Romo retired, so I'm really without a QB. Just signed Malcolm Butler in free agency, my second corner right now is like a 70.

I suppose I could take Tutt at 4, but I feel like Riddle is just considerably better if I take Cushing at 2 and Hodges is gone by 4.

I see the quarterback has a 2nd round projection, so i believe he will be there at #4. I would do the corner with your #2, you would now be SET at the corner position with him and Butler.

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #292
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Here's the thing, the league is 26 users deep. Probably not going to be able to trade back from here, and if I did, Tutt would be gone. There's no other good CBs.

So I guess the question is, what's a better combo. Cushing + Tutt, or Hodges + Newell (If I can't secure the dream of Cushing + Hodges).

Also - from your experience, does the CPU do a good job of drafting QBs above their projected round instead of their TVR/scouted value? Cushing is a 2nd round pick in projections before scouting. Before scouting he's the 3rd best available, and there is one guy that's a 1st before scouting and still a late first after. What are the chances the Chargers take a QB other than Cushing if they do indeed take a QB at 3?
I think you'll get your guys bro, but if not, I'd do Hodges + Newell.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #293
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBklynWay902
I think you'll get your guys bro, but if not, I'd do Hodges + Newell.
That's where I'm leaning right now too. Hodges just strikes me as a generational prospect
Old 10-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #294
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
That's where I'm leaning right now too. Hodges just strikes me as a generational prospect
Yeah he's definitely going to be Revis Island like!

Old 10-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #295
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Absolutely. I've got over 150 CB prospects on my big analysis sheet I use to tweak the criteria and TVR weightings, and he is the top CB (almost 2 TVR points) if you ignore TVR modifiers for age etc. etc.

I actually think the CPU will take him at #1, in all honesty. He's a rare talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #296
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Absolutely. I've got over 150 CB prospects on my big analysis sheet I use to tweak the criteria and TVR weightings, and he is the top CB (almost 2 TVR points) if you ignore TVR modifiers for age etc. etc.

I actually think the CPU will take him at #1, in all honesty. He's a rare talent.
No kidding... now I'll really be kicking myself if the CPU pulls the trigger on him at #1, but I guess if that happens I'll go Cushing and then Tutt.

How does Tutt compare to those 150+ CBs on your analysis sheet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »