Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #617
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
To try and help figure out the benefits/reductions caused by the stories, I decided to scout an entire draft class in Week 2 so that I could compare the ratings/projected/talent levels players had before and after the stories kicked in. It takes forever, but whatever. Here's a screen cap of the draft (I will provide the post-draft spreadsheet later when I go back and check every player's OVR.) The story titles are based on what I see in the news feed, although what stays consistent seems to be the description rather than the title. "The Apple Doesn't Fall Far" and "Student of the Game" have the same descriptions, so I imagine both might have the same effects but I won't know until the player in the new draft is selected. Under story I'm keeping track of both the story title and the description/tweet related to it to compare across various drafts. If I can find consistent results then maybe you'll be able to include the expected benefits into the scouting tool.
One of the keys to the draft stories, especially great pro days etc. they will also get a boost to the players scouted skill. Sometimes as many as two skills are boosted as well as their projections might change. So you have to go into your sheet and make those changes as well so you can get his true TVR.

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks
Old 11-15-2016, 10:39 PM   #618
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
92 is solid, but generally for me that is like 6-15 on your board range and not a top 5 draft prospect. As OMN said he is a good but probably not "elite" prospect.

Also, I have seen injured guys come in with slow dev. You really don't want that in your franchise QB, or even the chance of that in my opinion.

Of course not all the injured guys have slow dev, but it would be in the back of my mind that it is possible.
My first draft there was a FB who pulled what everyone thought Clowney was going to do, he sat out his senior year so he did injure his self. He followed with great combine. He ended up with 76 OVR with a quick trait. I drafted him in the 3rd round as an excellent pick.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #619
Rookie

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.1 Out Now!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2016, 10:55 PM   #620
Rookie

Quote:

This is the 97 TVR QB I was talking about

Old 11-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #621
Rookie

Quote:

man lucky. Looks like you have your franchise QB for the next 10 years. he will be in the 90s in his first year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 11:52 PM   #622
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:

GOOD LORD!!! #rookieoftheyear

Old 11-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #623
Rookie

Well my team is a bunch of scrubs for the most part so we'll see. But I will be playing the games so he should develop good. And I had a good draft.

The rest went like this (NORMAL Dev unless otherwise stated).

2 - G 75
3 - WR 75
4 - RT 76
5 - G 73 (STAR)
6 - DT 76 (was 70 as DE)
7 - OLB 76 (STAR)

I did an "expansion" draft before I started franchise, I followed a template someone laid out for this in a post about a month ago. Followed all of his rules, Essentially the initial 30 players on my team had to be 75 OVR or less, 25 years or older, and 2 or more years left on their contract. (The contract thing ensured when you start your "expansion" team the 2nd season after simming you still have all those original 30). Picked up scrub UDFA rookie to fill out roster, and cut them/not re-sign at the end of season.

I was 1-15 in the simulation (surprised they even won 1 game they were like 67 OVR or something on the play screen, and thought I may have been in danger of not actually getting the #1 pick cause Baltimore only won 2 games all year)

So I had the original 30 players in the off season, was allowed 5 free agent signings so I did get a few solid veterans like Martellus Bennett and Terrance Knighton (and a corner Guoye I think was like 81 rated).

Then with my 7 draft picks (not allowed to trade, I had #1 pick anyway) my roster was up to 42 players. Was allowed 5 more free agent signings in week 1 of preseason, and the final 6 players had to be UDFA rookie. Now I just need to add practice squad players and my "expansion" is ready to go. I'm the Mexico City Golden Eagles (removed Chargers).

Last edited by burth179; 11-16-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #624
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBklynWay902
My first draft there was a FB who pulled what everyone thought Clowney was going to do, he sat out his senior year so he did injure his self. He followed with great combine. He ended up with 76 OVR with a quick trait. I drafted him in the 3rd round as an excellent pick.
Yeah I think that story may be an indicator of QUICK dev, I think I drafted a guy that did the sit out thing and he also had QUICK dev (I could be wrong but it sounds familiar). So if that was the story for his 92 TVR QB, then by all means that would be a pretty solid pick if he comes in with QUICK dev.

I was thinking more along the lines of being forced to sit out because the guy blew out his ACL or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »