Home

PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU

This is a discussion on PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PATCH has completely broken the punting for PLOM and CPU vs. CPU

Ok because I thought I was tripping.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:56 PM   #18
Rookie

Regent's Arena

OVR: 1

Here's hoping this gets fixed *soon*. Another reason I'm sitting on the sideline waiting to start my franchise. I've found a slider set I really like for cpu v cpu, have my cfm set up and ready to go, but this punting issue has such a negative affect on field position for both teams over the course of a game, that I can't sit and watch it. Good for MLB: The Show (since I've been back at it while waiting for Madden to steal me away), but I'm ready to get lost in a 30 year Madden career.

I want this to get fixed so I can get past my urge to trade it in for NBA 2K17. I'm giving EA the benefit of the doubt here, but the "fix something, break something that was fine" patch routine gets old.

Last edited by Regent; 10-16-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent
Here's hoping this gets fixed *soon*. Another reason I'm sitting on the sideline waiting to start my franchise. I've found a slider set I really like for cpu v cpu, have my cfm set up and ready to go, but this punting issue has such a negative affect on field position for both teams over the course of a game, that I can't sit and watch it. Good for MLB: The Show (since I've been back at it while waiting for Madden to steal me away), but I'm ready to get lost in a 30 year Madden career.

I want this to get fixed so I can get past my urge to trade it in for NBA 2K17. I'm giving EA the benefit of the doubt here, but the "fix something, break something that was fine" patch routine gets old.
You can Play the Big Moment(sim) the kicks until it is fixed. That is one workaround.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 2

RoadMan, This could be entirely a coincidence, Hope not but need to do further testing. Tonight I was playing POTM and of course the Punter was doing the line drive kick. So on a punt situation for the CPU and before the punt I went to hit the button and accidentally moved the controller down to JUMP TO NEXT PLAY.. The CPU then did a high, long beautiful punt. I thought this was strange. So for the rest of the game, Every time a punt situation came along, I simply jumped to jump to next play and they were normal punts. As I said, this is based only on one game. I don't want to get to excited or jump to conclusions, Going to play another game, But I thought if someone seen this post, They could try it out also. We have nothing to lose, As I said, this could be just something weird that happened. But if it works, it would be awesome until patched.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:40 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 2

Please disregard the last post. Must have been some kind of fluke. Tried it in the next game and did not change the line drive kicks. Although in the first game, wind was only 6 MPH, the last game was 11 mph winds. I was so hopeful, Sorry if I gave false hope. No one is more disappointed than myself. I can't wait till they fix this. it is truly the one thing that is ruining the game for me well that and the freeze...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 04:05 AM   #22
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

I've set the punt power slider to 75. It means the line drive kicks are about the length as a normal punt now, and if/when they get a normal punt off, it goes the whole length of the field but they CPU still tries to aim for "inside the 20" so they don't just boot it out the endzone every time.

It also makes User punting a little bit more difficult, as your green line on All-pro is suddenly out of the stadium, so you have to guess the power to get some touch on it or sky kick it for a coffin corner punt
Old 10-24-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
Rookie

AMSchieffer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Punting issue will be fixed at some point, per Clint.
Hey Roadman, just curious if this was this in a tweet or podcast somewhere and whether they offered any more details at this time? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSchieffer
Hey Roadman, just curious if this was this in a tweet or podcast somewhere and whether they offered any more details at this time? Thanks!
Not a problem, it was a tweet by Clint sometime last week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »