Home

Cfm drafts where almost all players suck?

This is a discussion on Cfm drafts where almost all players suck? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Cfm drafts where almost all players suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger91
It's not about being difficult, it's about keeping the league balanced. By year 5 of your league you shouldn't have 10 Aaron Rodgers type QBs, or a league where every starter is 85+, etc.
completely agree.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Not sure how having tons of 80+ ovr rookies is realistic.
yep. for me, you should only have two or three of those per year. maybe even that is too much at times.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:23 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Starting this year, Tiburon has telemetry tools in place to review the ratings balance of franchises over time - per-rating per-position - to ensure that the gameplay balance of a single franchise instance does not fundamentally shift over time.

The most recent change to draft class balance decreased the overall talent level of the incoming rookies on the whole as they found that the ratings floor of leagues per-position was increasing over time.
interesting. good info, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 09:24 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah the post tuning update draft classes are a lot more stingy when it comes to top prospects. Some classes there are only about 20 or so players about 75 OVR in the entire class. That said, I've had other classes that were much stronger with about 35 players over 75.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I am liking the new classes. I don't take anybody prior to fourth round so I don't have to get rid of great players to draft players. I just had a draft where I was disappointed in what I got. Got a bunch of players that will struggle to stick around and a few with the physical tools to develop into nice players. I seem to be angry during the draft and happy during the season. happy not to let 7 to 8 95 plus players go every year only to develop the next generation all into super stars. I want struggle in my franchise.
me too. far tougher. in past years, drafting good players, letting them develop & then starting them was too easy. cap management was too easy because of this.

right now, i know i have to hit on my first two pick to ensure i get someone good. after that is a min-crapshoot.

just like it should be.

this change is a fundamental shift in madden towards the more realistic draft scenario. previously, if a guy wasn’t in the 70s, i suspect many people ignored them. now, you need to shift you understanding. getting a 68 OVR in round five is simply better than getting a 71 in the second. not cos o how they play but as a reflection of value. people need to actually understand that almost no teams in real life have players in the 80s at all positions. having a bunch of mid 70s vets (not developing rooks) on a SB winning team

equally, there are plenty of high 60 & low 70 rated UDFA after the draft for you to pick up & develop.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
yep. for me, you should only have two or three of those per year. maybe even that is too much at times.

Exactly, FOR YOU. This is the problem, most of us don't share your opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger91
It's not about being difficult, it's about keeping the league balanced. By year 5 of your league you shouldn't have 10 Aaron Rodgers type QBs, or a league where every starter is 85+, etc.

Yea, in YOUR opinion. Here is the problem, it is not balanced when the majority of the CPU controlled teams suck, and you can easily shred them, because they only have one or two decent players.

Last edited by cityofchampions; 10-11-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:41 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
me too. far tougher. in past years, drafting good players, letting them develop & then starting them was too easy. cap management was too easy because of this.

right now, i know i have to hit on my first two pick to ensure i get someone good. after that is a min-crapshoot.

just like it should be.

this change is a fundamental shift in madden towards the more realistic draft scenario. previously, if a guy wasn’t in the 70s, i suspect many people ignored them. now, you need to shift you understanding. getting a 68 OVR in round five is simply better than getting a 71 in the second. not cos o how they play but as a reflection of value. people need to actually understand that almost no teams in real life have players in the 80s at all positions. having a bunch of mid 70s vets (not developing rooks) on a SB winning team

equally, there are plenty of high 60 & low 70 rated UDFA after the draft for you to pick up & develop.

You mean just like you think it should be. Just because you think it should be like that does not mean everybody else does.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofchampions
Exactly, FOR YOU. This is the problem, most of us don't share your opinions.
ummm, ok, relax. it's ok.

from what i've read plenty of people prefer it like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »