Home

What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode

I like that idea.

CFM overall, needs more immersion overall.

Ha, Sturz, it's near the holidays and you are still going at it.lol(I know truth hurts)

Last edited by roadman; 12-20-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Yep and any other developer of a console sports game with a franchise/GM mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Sounds fantastic......but....

You're expecting this from a developer that can't consistently get the wind direction pointer correct or replicate a proper punt into the wind?

If you want this discussion to continue comments like this need to be left out.

Have a productive discussion or don't have it at all.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

^^ just criticizing the developers. not like any of it is untrue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Sounds fantastic......but....

You're expecting this from a developer that can't consistently get the wind direction pointer correct or replicate a proper punt into the wind?
Deleted because we cant say anything about the Devs.

Last edited by SteelD34KC; 12-20-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by walls17
^^ just criticizing the developers. not like any of it is untrue
That is not allowed here,

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ding-bans.html

Last edited by roadman; 12-20-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

There are so many things to consider when thinking about CFM being taken to another level. The first is that nothing that portrays players as outright malcontents or head cases is going to be allowed in the game. I would imagine that even holdouts and demanding a trade are barred from the game now.

So the expansion of in game traits, increasing the number and degree of traits showcasing weaknesses(and strengths as well) in a players game is a must. For example instead of just having yes or no for High Motor, it should be Motor- High, Normal, Low, and it should be applied to every aspect of each play not just chasing the ball carrier. Undisciplined needs to not be just for penalties but following their assignment, on O, D, and Special teams. There should be something like 15-20 position specific traits for each position group. The differentiation has to be on the field, because I think that very little off the field stuff is now allowed.

This could do a lot to improve the quality of the CFM experience but ironically one thing that must be rethought is something that they've strived so hard to create, User agency always being preeminent in terms of gameplay success.

With the core gameplay experience being tuned for H2H play, where players in game don't fail because of holes in their game as much as because of glitches or development timetables, i.e., RAC catch bugs, shading not fully working, deep zones not being redone yet, we sadly aren't likely to see the kind of helpless on the field gaffs that use to exist back in the NCAA days with Freshmen on the road in hostile stadiums. Playing young, recently acquired, undisciplined, lazy, players needs to matter in CFM at least even it it gets "turned off" for competitive play.

The idea that User shouldn't be too helpless when it comes to controlling how players perform in game works against creating a more immersive CFM experience, IMO. I'm not optimistic though that their idea of an immersive experience is the same as mine and many others here.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #15
MVP

The biggest thing missing in madden as well as all sports franchise games is being unpredictable. When the Cowboys drafted emitt smith there was no guarantee he would be in the hall of fame. In madden I know the day after the draft my running back is going to dominate the next 13 years and be in the hall of fame. Irl, it is the opposite, hardly anybody coming out of the draft as a star makes the hall of fame. Beasts are recognizable and guaranteed in madden. Nothing is going to derail that except playing time. A real gm spends time putting out fires and planning long term. In madden I only need one draft pick a year to continue my franchises dominance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #16
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I imagine something like the apf 2k8 traits but dealing more with personality which would govern both the player's on and off the field behavior and influence on his teammates:

Firestarter: This player's energy is infectious. Whenever he makes a big play, it energizes and hypes up that side of the ball. Similar to 'Vocal Leader' he also rallies teammates on the sideline in critical game situations. He's a more mature version of the Loose Cannon player.

Mentor: This player tends to share his knowledge with younger, less experienced players at his position which is especially beneficial to incoming rookies. He is drawn to Loose Cannon players and helps to rein them in.

Vocal Leader: This player has the respect of everyone on the team and hold players accountable on his side of ball and in his position group. He will also approach the head coach as the spokesman for the lockeroom regarding the player's concerns.

Loose Cannon: This player is very emotional and lacks discipline. On the field he will often gamble and abandon his assignment to make a big play. He does a lot of trash-talking and tries to intimidate opponents. He will sometime question your coaching decisions in the media.

Lunch Pail: This player works exceptionally hard in practice and in the film room. He will often take extra reps after practice is over. Good to have one of these at a position that is relatively young as this player's work ethic rubs off on those around him. He also as the ability to play with injuries that might sideline most players.

These are just a few I could come up with for now. Im sure you guys could think of more and how they intertwine with the other traits/personality types.

Last edited by Kanobi; 12-21-2016 at 12:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »