Home

What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2016, 05:17 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode

I already care about my players though. If i draft a 1st rounder, i basically never let him go

Just call me Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #26
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

With this idea...something like the recent defense vs offense locker-room confrontation with the Broncos would be possible. Obviously not a physical altercation but instead a heated discussion that could potentially boost the team or negatively impact the team depending on how you, the coach/gm, handles it.

In this instance, you'd probably have an elite defense with 2 or three firestarter or vocal leader personalities (Aqib Talib) and a vastly under-performing offense lacking any real vocal types.

I'm telling you guys...the potential, the amount of depth, LIFE and immersion this would add to ANY franchise mode is almost limitless...

Last edited by Kanobi; 12-22-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #27
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Alpha Dog - This player has extremely high confidence in his ability and backs it up...so much so that opposing players lining up across from him find him intimidating and their confidence is reduced. Tends to take games over. Can be emotional and sometimes plays out of control and undisciplined. However, he easily commands respect from teammates, earning it with his playmaking ability.

Bookworm - This player is highly intelligent with a strong football IQ. He is able to learn new schemes easily and is very coachable. Knows how to prepare and devours gamefilm. He's like having an extra coach on the field and the sideline, increasing the awareness and confidence of his position group as well as slightly improving their reaction time.
Fan Favorite - This player is a mega hit with the team's fanbase as well as the ownership due to his high marketability and merchandise sales. He also has a lot of charisma and thus has a great rapport with the media. However, the downside is any roster/depth chart decision that causes this player to lose significant playing time or no longer be with the team will negatively impact both owner trust and fanbase approval.

Note: Imagine having a player who is a Loose Cannon and also a Fan Favorite and due to his inexplicable and sometimes detrimental behavior on and off the field, you're forced to weigh the decision of benching (or trading/cutting him) versus letting him remain a starter and PRAYING he matures!

Man you gotta love the possibilities here!!!
Old 12-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #28
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Vikings db's go away from gameplan - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...mers-game-plan
Old 12-25-2016, 09:10 AM   #29
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm with you on this idea. I liked a morale,personality system in older Maddens,which ended in '09 with Madden and what you're talking about was in Head Coach '09.So it can and has been done.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #30
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'm with you on this idea. I liked a morale,personality system in older Maddens,which ended in '09 with Madden and what you're talking about was in Head Coach '09.So it can and has been done.
That's it. No need to reinvent the wheel. There were things done in Head Coach that stil haven't been caught up with by any sports game out now. That's what's missing from franchise mode, IMO. My solution: incrementally put everything that was in HC into CFM.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:03 AM   #31
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
The coaches/ coaching staff had personality traits in head Coach '09 but not the players and it didn't play out on and off the field to the extent suggested. That's a good starting point.

Imagine how this would impact draft decisions. You'd have prospects with all the physical tools...but is their mental makeup a fit for what you're trying to build? Do you have the veteran leaders in place to coral a Loose Cannon/Alpha Dog type player who is clearly the best player in the draft? Do you take him or pass him up for the more mature Vocal leader/Lunch Pail type player...a safer prospect but not quite as physically gifted with less potential?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #32
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
The coaches/ coaching staff had personality traits in head Coach '09 but not the players and it didn't play out on and off the field to the extent suggested. That's a good starting point.

Imagine how this would impact draft decisions. You'd have prospects with all the physical tools...but is their mental makeup a fit for what you're trying to build? Do you have the veteran leaders in place to coral a Loose Cannon/Alpha Dog type player who is clearly the best player in the draft? Do you take him or pass him up for the more mature Vocal leader/Lunch Pail type player...a safer prospect but not quite as physically gifted with less potential?
No,the players did have personality traits as well,such as loyal and driven to bad things like opinionated and materialistic.In fact if you don't still have the game handy download the strategy guide. There's like 50 different personality traits for players and coaches.

Last edited by gr18; 12-26-2016 at 08:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »