Home

What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #49
Rookie

Ungee34's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What's truly missing from CFM and every other Franchise Mode

Yeah, that was Madden 09. They did that terribly poor because they basically wanted people to do FF through EA. All they allowed us to do was port over real life FF rosters and essentially play against other players online, this basically was just a 'create a fantasy team' feature.

Im suggesting actually playing your CFM, and during the pre-season be given an option to play fantasy football. A player who chooses to play can then set-up a fantasy league w/ player selections from the actual CFM and compete in a fantasy league based off CFM results & statistics. This should be able to be done online or offline. A FF league based off Madden play would be pretty cool. Do you throw a pass in the red zone or try to stack the deck with your RB b/c you have him starting that week on your fantasy team? Would definitely add a cool dimension to the game.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
Old 11-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #50
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Sounds fantastic......but....

You're expecting this from a developer that can't consistently get the wind direction pointer correct or replicate a proper punt into the wind?
Haha sooo on point. Anytime I play a CFM game and the wind is pointing north or south over 9mph I restart the game until it points east or west or the wind is less then that. One game it was at 14mph down and the cpu punter punted it 10 yards....... Every single time! Was nuts.

Anyways back on topic. I see your point big time. I'm playing with the browns and I have Dalvin Cook. He got injured in game 3 season 2. So I was debating on picking up Nile Davis. I decided to go with my low 60's overall RB's because one was only 1 point slower then Nile. Well next game I couldn't run the ball to save my life. My QB ended up throwing like 51 passes(lost the game). Next game I picked up Nile and he started off slow but ended up with over 100 yards with some good broken tackles(still lost but was a more balance game).

I felt a real dilemma in picking him up until after I saw my backups run. Now if the players have personalities like the thread starter said, this would have probably been even better immersion into the game. My 2 back up rb's totally could be mad and their overall drop by like 5 points each because of this.

But it's EA Madden soooooo................

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

Last edited by burter; 11-19-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #51
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

What is CFM missing?

Custom Draft Classes

Stadium Creator

Team/ Uniform Creator

News Center (as opposed to random tweets)

Historical Stat Tracking

Playable Pro-Bowl

Playable CPU vs CPU (Games that are not user controlled during a franchise)

Dynamic Injury System

Restricted Free Agents

Expansion Teams/ Expansion Draft

Supplemental Draft

Player Personalities

Half Time Shows

Weekly Wrap Up Show

Updating Stadiums (Championship Banners)

Rivalry Tracking

Classic Rosters/ Teams

Hall of Fame

Remembering anything that happened from the season before....

These are just things I can rattle off the top of my head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #52
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Things that have been REMOVED and yet to be added back to Madden:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...d_from_madden/

-Assistant coaches - OC, DC, ST

-Retired players as coaches

-Ability to hire actual unemployed coaches in post season and not just generic ones

-Create-A-Stadium (not picking a pre-fab one, like actually creating a stadium - frustrating bc it hasn't been around since the PS2 era (but, of course, NBA 2K16 included it in their game this year,,,)

-Custom draft classes - OK, technically the option to edit the names of draft classes like in NBA 2K hasn't been in Madden and you can kinda say that being able to now edit the rookies in Madden 17 after their drafted kinda solves this problem. However, I'm grouping this option in with the "import rookie class from NCAA video game" feature, which understandably was removed for legal reasons, but unlike NBA2k, which replaced this feature with the ability to customize draft classes, Madden has not done such a thing.

-Ability to control all 32 teams in owner mode - yeah, I know there's a complicated way of doing this, but it used to be a lot easier.

-The "Tony Bruno" Radio Show or any kind of highlight show - I felt the radio show in Madden 05 was a nice touch because of the player interviews and how Tony would talk about news around your franchise. The "Extra Points" show looked nice, but became boring and repetitive since all those hosts would do was read off the scores. Despite it being 2016 and two console eras and TWELVE years removed from NFL 2k5, we still have no weekly highlight show and EA has failed to duplicate anything remotely representing the immersive weekly/preseason/postseason highlight shows seen in NFL 2K5 and College Hoops 2K8. Honestly, I can't name one EA Sports title that features anything close to this. Yet, fans have been demanding it ever since NFL 2K5.

-CPU vs. CPU game - not only are you restricted from playing other team's games besides your own in franchise mode, even if you are able to successfully manage all 32 teams, you still can't just another team's game. What's more bizzare is that this feature was available in NCAA Football 14, but not in Madden 25 which was also released that year. Why?

-Create A Team - this feature was great in the PS2 era but was never capitalized on in the next-gen era. It would have been cool to custom create your NFL franchise upon relocation, create a 33rd NFL team, or even re-create NFL Europe and CFL teams and assign low rated players to them in a sort of farm system. However, for whatever reason, this feature was mysteriously during 360/PS3 phase

-Expansion team/draft - believe it or not, Madden 2002 actually featured an expansion draft. With the Houston Texans franchise starting play in 2002, Madden 2002 allowed franchise users to either play as the expansion Texans following the end of the 2001 or designate 5 players as eligible for the expansion draft. As the Texans, you could play through the expansion draft. If you were controlling one of the other 31 teams, you could decide whether to pull back your other designated players after one was drafted. This feature was only in Madden 2002 and hasn't been seen since.
Senior Bowl - I think this feature was only in Madden 07. In the postseason, you could play as either the North or South team in the Senior Bowl. This was a great way to learn more about the rookies before the NFL Draft. You could also import your rookies from NCAA Football 07 and play as them in the Senior Bowl as well.

In Game Saves - I could be wrong but I feel like this feature hasn't been re-introduced since the PS2 era. However, it's on NBA 2K16. No excuses EA
Ability to change soundtrack - One of the most frustrating things about Madden 25 is that there is no way to change the music or pick and choose which music you want to hear in the game. I love hearing the NFL themes while at the Madden 25 main menu, but as soon as I go to connected franchise, the music switches to the same overused 1 of 2 NFL themes that only play in franchise mode. Why can't I switch to the music from the main menu? Nearly every Madden I can think of had some kind of "jukebox" option where you pick and choose what songs to play and even an ability to skip over songs as they play. Now, as stated in the beginning, this may be an issue that was fixed in Madden 16 since I don't remember looking at that option.

The old intros of NFL clip montages - I'm probably not in the majority of this, but I don't like the new intros that have you playing as the Panthers or Steelers right away. I'm not a fan of those teams so why would I want to experience a game winning drive with either of them. I just want to get to the main menu, why can't I skip this please? The old intros were a lot more creative. The Madden 11 intro with Drew Brees is personally my favorite. Why get rid of these?

Camera views of stadium - Madden creates impressive looking stadiums but its hard to really appreciate their beauty when the camera angles fail to show any aerial shots. Blimp views were in Madden 12 but taken out.

Editing player positions - again, this problem may have been already addressed in Madden 17 with full editing control, but for whatever reason, EA decided to severely restrict the ability to edit a player's position in game. If you wanted to move a left guard to right guard, fine. But if you wanted to move that speedy QB to WR, then you were going to have to wait until the offseason to do so.

Mascots

Player run outs - I'd also like to point out that in Year 2 of my Madden 12 franchise, I opened the season on the road at Green Bay who had just won the Super Bowl the year before. As the Packers were running out, the stadium PA announcer says "And here come your Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers!" I thought this was a really nice touch and one of the few, VERY FEW, instances of where the in-game presentation recognizes on-going events in your franchise.

Create-A-Fan

Pregame show - most of this has been addressed in my criticism of the lack of any highlight show above, but I'd also like to point out that Madden 97 actually had a video play right before a game in season mode where James Brown would mention all the big matchups that week of the 96' season and then cut to Pat Summerall and John Madden who would talk about the upcoming game. Sure it was cheesy, but the fact that EA's best attempt at a "pre-game" show twenty years later is having Larry Ridley say "Its Peyton Manning and the Broncos vs Cam Newton and the Panthers next on EASports!" is a little disappointing. Just look at what NBA2K has done with Shaq, Ernie Johnson, and Kenny Smith or even EA's NHL series with Emrick and Olyzeck. Madden just pales in comparison.

In-game highlights - maybe its a reach to say this was actually in Madden way back in the SNES era, but the fact that NFL 2K5 and NCAA Football 13/14 were able to somewhat replicate this but not Madden is telling.

Real TV Broadcast Integration - ok, this has never been in Madden but we've seen in it EVERY other EA Sports title except Madden: NBA Live (ESPN), NHL (NBC), FIFA (ESPN/Sky Sports), and even the now defunct NCAA Football series (ESPN) and NCAA Basketball 10 (ESPN AND CBS!!). The past few Madden titles seemed to go as far as making it seem like an NFL on CBS broadcast without actually calling it such. How cool would it be to play a game with a CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN broadcast. There's been so much demand by fans for this over the years so much so that can find mods for TV broadcasts on old Madden PC games. Yet, for whatever reason, EA has refused to wade into this era. I've heard a rumor for a long time that EA had planned to integrate an ESPN broadcast into Madden but met resistance from NFL officials because ESPN and NFL Network are competitors. It's a silly excuse imo. Currently, NFL 2k5 remains the last game to have real TV broadcast integration in a NFL video game.

Detailed Player Cards - If you RS click on a player to bring up their card, you'll notice their stats, dimensions, college, draft position. However, these information used to be much more detailed to include the team they played for next to their career stats and how they were acquired by their current team. I think the best feature was the list of historical achievements. Now, this is still somewhat present in Madden 16, but its really only for players who have won yearly awards at their position, MVP, ROY, etc. Back then, player cards also kept track of past Pro Bowl appearances, AFC/NFC POW honors, and playoff/Super Bowl appearances.

Dynamic Attendance - stadium attendance would dwindle during preseason and when the team was lowsy. It would increase during regular season and playoffs and when the team was playing great. I'm pretty sure this feature was never ported over from the PS2 era.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:02 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

They have in game saves now, if you shut it off in the middle of the game it gives you the option of picking up where you left off the next time you play.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #54
Rookie

an good injury system, you can't take people off of Injured Reserve, once they are healed up in Madden 18
Old 11-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #55
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamelover
an good injury system, you can't take people off of Injured Reserve, once they are healed up in Madden 18

Yes. You can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #56
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Call it corny, but I really, really miss Superstar mode. If not that, at least dynamic storylines.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »