Home

34 vs 43 Defense

This is a discussion on 34 vs 43 Defense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:16 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: 34 vs 43 Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
You mean what is my angle about using the Bengals D? They're 43 dominant and I seem to get better tackle stats as well as better shutdown D with the 43 as opposed to the 34.

Maybe it's the 4 front pressure, but I get way better/realistic stats and gameplay using it.
well, their players are best suited to a 43 so they're gonna play better in a 43 than a 34. not overly complicated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 01:53 AM   #26
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
well, their players are best suited to a 43 so they're gonna play better in a 43 than a 34. not overly complicated.
What are you talking about? I'm using the Skins with the Bengals 43.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Tortilla
I struggle to find the right player types for my 3-4 scheme in the draft. Nose tackles are almost always busts. You have very specific needs in a 3-4 scheme, and that can make life difficult if that kind of talent isn't available.
Try converting run stopping DEs that do 30+ reps on the bench to DT.. They end up being better than the actual DT 4 out of 5 times
Old 03-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #28
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Try converting run stopping DEs that do 30+ reps on the bench to DT.. They end up being better than the actual DT 4 out of 5 times

This. I have converted so many 5th-7th round 4-3 Run Stoppers from the draft into beastly NTs it's not even funny.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #29
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

In the online CFM I'm in I am the Rams. I was using the 4-3 the first 2 seasons. I had them as the #1 scoring defense in our league. One of the best defenses in our league.

I switched to a 3-4 this year since they are in real life. I am using the Denver playbook since Wade Philips is their new d coordinator.

So far in game one my defense looks just as dominant if not more so. Donald looks even better as a 3-4 DE.

I kepted Brockers at DT and is the nose. Donald is the LE and a rookie I drafted last season is the RE. I moved Quinn to ROLB and Hayes to LOLB. Barron and Ogletree are my MLBers.

The reality I'm not in base all that often with so much 3 and 4 wide. So in nickel and dime nothing has changed.

In base I use over and under more so my NT really doesn't line up over the center much. I use more of a 1 gap 3-4 like 4-3 teams do.

I am really liking the versatility of the 3-4.

My first game we held the 49ers to under 200 total yards of offense and had 4 or 5 sacks. Not to bad
Old 03-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #30
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I have used the 34 exclusively since M10. It's all I know, and in every online franchise I'm in I always have a top 5 D. Other guys make fun of me for building it realistically, rather than just conforming to Madden and putting the EDGE guys at DE like 90% of folks do. Rather I prefer having fats on the DL who can stop the run, athletic pass rushers to play OLB an athletic fast MLB for me to user and a good all around MLB. I have a DL of Leonard Williams, JJ Watt, and Aaron Donald, with a LB corps of Clowney, Danniel Hunter, Jatavis Brown, and McKinney in one of my franchises. Secondary is also nasty. Need less to say people hate playing me.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #31
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

I used to run a 3-4 exclusively as the Pats ran it and I picked players that way. Now that they switched to a 4-3 I run that. I tried running a 3-4 in my Bears franchise and there are logistical issues with formations that get remedied better with a 4-3 for what O like to run.

However I run a mixed front concept where I have 3 DT in my base 4-3 with one DE. I have strength up front for the run but flexibility to match the offense.

I wish the 5-2 formation had better plays and alignments in it as I'd run that and move a safety to LB for when I run a nickel with 3 LBers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 09:39 PM   #32
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

I see too many people throwing around the word ""hybrid," and I want to explain what that term actually means. A hybrid front will employ 1-gap and 2-gap techniques within the same play call. The Seahawks do this, and for the most part, the majority of teams in the league do this. It has nothing to do with a team being a base 30 or 40 front.

Sent from my XT1080 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »