Home

Which do you prefer Offline or Online?

This is a discussion on Which do you prefer Offline or Online? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Which do you prefer Offline or Online?

I usually only get in 1 game per week. I practice when I can because I like running through plays. I'm offline only. Just don't have time to devote to a lot of games.

Why couldn't they have had online in the 90's??? Lol I had time then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #98
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Offline CFM use to be fun, back in the PS2 days, when it was feature rich and had personality. Now it just seems like a collection of exhibition games with a draft at the end. Franchise has greatly gone down hill since then. It seems as if it's just a thrown together mode, that they spend a week on, then move on. It is truely sad that it has gone down hill since those days. There is NO reason that franchise can't be exactly like NFL:HC. It's 2017, and most those guys went over to the Madden team anyway. They spend more time on gimmicks, like Longshot, target passing, tackle battles ect. Rather than the core game modes.

That is why I ONLY play online CFM. It is infinitely more fun, and much harder to deal with human intelligence than AI intelligence (for the most part). And if you find a good league with an advance schedule and set of rules that fit you, then it's a blast. To be honest if it wasn't for online CFM, then Madden 08 or 09 likely would have been the last Madden I bought.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #99
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I had a regretful experience online that has led me to stay offline around 15 years ago on PC.

I was taking a pretty good beating on the same play over and over in a league of people who we thought we knew.

I think the score was 48-0 and my opponent was driving down the field at the end of the game in a sim league, no less.

The ball crosses into my territory and it's 4th down and my opponent calls timeout with 3 seconds left to kick a fg.

Really?

No way would I try another league again.

I'd rather go up against the CPU than deal with that crap. And yes, it was crap, because I still remember it from 15 yrs ago.

He was kicked out of the league for the bush league move.

Again, back to, to each their own, whatever flips your boat.

It's your 60 bucks, play it the way you want.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #100
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I am an older gamer, 40, and have played Madden since day 1 except for M25, 15, and 16. Was always an offline franchise guy but that became pretty boring for me with the lack of real offline franchise innovation in the game. Decided to try joining a SIM online league in 17 and it has brought new life to the game for me. I don't think I will ever go back to playing an offline franchise again and hope I have many more years competing in a good online franchise.....i just can't mimmick what the online franchise offers me in offline play. I will add that in that online franchise this past cycle, I never really threatened to make the playoffs, but there wasn't a point that I wanted to just quit it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 07-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #101
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I prefer to play offline; I can play franchise games whenever I want and can move forward through a franchise at the pace that I want which are both drawbacks to playing in online franchises.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #102
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I am an older gamer, 40, and have played Madden since day 1 except for M25, 15, and 16. Was always an offline franchise guy but that became pretty boring for me with the lack of real offline franchise innovation in the game. Decided to try joining a SIM online league in 17 and it has brought new life to the game for me. I don't think I will ever go back to playing an offline franchise again and hope I have many more years competing in a good online franchise.....i just can't mimmick what the online franchise offers me in offline play. I will add that in that online franchise this past cycle, I never really threatened to make the playoffs, but there wasn't a point that I wanted to just quit it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
I need to find me an online SIM league where the players don't play the games, they let cpu vs cpu do it.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #103
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I need to find me an online SIM league where the players don't play the games, they let cpu vs cpu do it.
AFAIK with the current structure of CFM this isn't possible. I'm fairly certain the only way to do CPUvCPU is through Play The Moment which is disabled in H2H games. I could be wrong though.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I prefer to play offline; I can play franchise games whenever I want and can move forward through a franchise at the pace that I want which are both drawbacks to playing in online franchises.
This is why I started playing MUT. Move at my own pace. Get all the fun of building a team without trying to pretend that franchise management AI is worth competing against. Play both offline or online, depending on what works for me. I can choose to build all kinds of different teams, or I can play Draft Champions.

The quality of play in MUT so much better than generic vs. Do you run across the occasional jerk? Sure. But mostly, I play against humans that have taken the time to care about their team and want to win. 90% of the time, that leads to great games.

And I'm not good. I'm about a .500 player in Draft Champions, but well under .500 when playing Salary Cap MUT. Both of these modes force you to make hard choices when building a team, and learn how to work around less than ideal rosters. I'm comparing players based on how good they are, and how they fit different schemes.

What I don't do anymore is pretend that the AI in a franchise mode makes drafting, free agency, and roster management anywhere near as fulfilling as competing against real people. And in MUT, those real people all accept the ground rules and play football. Every "sim league" is ruined by dozens of gamers that can't agree on what sim is, as though the very essence of their eternal happiness is dependent upon everyone agreeing to play exactly the same way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »