Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 11:42 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

At this point I just want the ratings to really matter and cpu teams to play to their rosters strengths and weaknesses. After that the other cfm stuff is icing on the cake to me.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-16-2017, 12:29 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

If they took the CFM guy off Madden to work on Live's franchise mode to give them the same one we have.. they clearly can't compete with MyGM/MyLeague.

We're going to buy it anyway, but it shows how important competition is. They literally are able to ignore a whole mode mostly to be able to improve their basketball game. Why? Because there is another basketball they have to compete against.. lol.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:47 AM   #99
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

OVR: 0

To the "CFM/franchise doesnt make EA any money after purchase" argument....thats the problem. EA cares more about lining their wallets than making a truly great game. Im sure someone will say "well, making money is the goal of every business"....yes, but the fact is, no one milks their customers like EA does, especially when they have a beloved license.

Even if CFM/franchise isnt their bread and butter, that doesnt mean that it isnt a feature that, if done right, would help make the Madden experience so much better. I know its never going to be as in depth as Id love it to be, but it doesnt need to be to be engrossing, challenging fun. Even if they just 1) made coaches matter, 2) added fully editable draft classes, 3) better CPU team building AI and 4) coach mode...if they added those 4 things to what they currently have, I could probably really get into CFM.

I WANT Madden to be great....and honestly, the gameplay is better than it has ever been, even if the gameplay and physics are very outdated.....but franchise mode has been a letdown since AT LEAST since CFM was introduce. I thought Madden 12 was on the right track and then it was scrapped for CFM....which really hasnt delivered on any of the groundbreaking features it promised when it was first introduced. Hell, it still lacks some of the basic features that I mentioned earlier.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #100
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
You know, the more i think about it, i think some of this is a ploy to a degree.

For example last year it was formation subs...."no formation subs this year sorry". Then they get formation subs in a patch and look like heroes. Is that completely true? I dunno, but i find it hard to believe they dont play some of this up and we end up getting some kind of franchise improvement with continuous development....

I actually hope they don't do this. They did it with Draft Boards a couple of years ago and they just now got around to improving upon it and it's still not close to being all the way there. Then they did it again last year with formation subs and, again, while better than nothing it wasn't done very well and likely won't be touched until next year at the earliest. Continuous development is great in premise but if it's just going to deliver low-grade project features then I'd rather they focus on other things and do it right when the time comes.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:34 AM   #101
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
How much coding would it need to add the Pro Bowl game?
You'd be surprised. You triggered my PTSD.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 05:37 AM   #102
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not sure I would go out on a limb and say that at this point.

There is a new video at the top of the forum and the GCer is not a CFM player, but he said at the GCer meeting Shop, Smitty and Sim were very focal on CFM getting some TLC next year and beyond.

Shop was pretty vocal all this year too. He had his whole CFM movement he was pushing on twitter. Didn't work out too well this year. Hopefully they are persistent and keep working EA to improve franchise mode
Old 06-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #103
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I'm sure that Franchise will not be in the same position next year. But, I honestly don't see CFM getting a big improvement because of Longshot and Frostbite. I hope I'm wrong.
But I do think there is a chance that next year could be the start of great things to come for CFM. Hopefully they can lay off of MUT development next year. Frostbite foundation has been set, so they will be now fully developing Frostbite through every aspect of game. Longshot will obviously took a lot more resources in coming years. Hopefully Madden can get back Devs that had to help with Live. But I do think they will get back on path with improving CFM next year
Always, next year. Every year I feel like annie. The sun will come out next year. Frankly, off field, franchise mode is not any better than the second year they ever did it. I am looking forward to the legacy issue fixes though. If cpu running backs can catch passes and not run out of bounds I will be happy. I just wish they would give us a bone. Allow us to designate who our nickel corner is for instance. Something.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:05 AM   #104
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You'd be surprised. You triggered my PTSD.
This gets lost and blatantly ignored by so many...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »