Home

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

This is a discussion on IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #17
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by seththor
Well if the gameplay is better and graphics are improved I can still enjoy cfm the way it is one more year. Game play is what keeps my attention in the end.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm a CFM guy, and NOTHING pisses me off more than the CPU cheating by ignoring ratings. So if this Sim mode acts as advertised, then together with the draft board and off the ball injuries, I will be able to endure.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #18
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He has a overall positive vibe about Madden 18.
I mean, not to say this discredits his vibe of it, but honestly, how many GC has anyone seen not have a positive vibe,spin,twist on madden , like ever?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I mean, not to say this discredits his vibe of it, but honestly, how many GC has anyone seen not have a positive vibe,spin,twist on madden , like ever?
I understand that, but I'm responding to the OP, where it just list the negatives.

Case in point, Khalib posted a thread from Shopmasters findings about adaptive coaching and the meaning behind the button presses. ie, conservative, less penalties, aggressive, penalty risk, etc...

This was great information to divulge and there are 9 responses in the whole thread, something the this site and the sim crowd have been requesting for quite awhile.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #20
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand that, but I'm responding to the OP, where it just list the negatives.

Case in point, Khalib posted a thread from Shopmasters findings about adaptive coaching and the meaning behind the button presses. ie, conservative, less penalties, aggressive, penalty risk, etc...

This was great information to divulge and there are 9 responses in the whole thread, something the this site and the sim crowd have been requesting for quite awhile.

We know this place isn't what it used to be , Road. That's why they needed a front page article about it.

This place used to CRAVE for sim gameplay. We'd scream about it until the cows come home. This finally seems like the year where we're getting the most authentic football gameplay we ever received in Madden, and there's literally crickets ..

This has turned into the most cynical forum ever, and it sucks. I'm absolutely PUMPED for the on the field stuff this year, and I know you and some others are, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #21
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
We know this place isn't what it used to be , Road. That's why they needed a front page article about it.

This place used to CRAVE for sim gameplay. We'd scream about it until the cows come home. This finally seems like the year where we're getting the most authentic football gameplay we ever received in Madden, and there's literally crickets ..

This has turned into the most cynical forum ever, and it sucks. I'm absolutely PUMPED for the on the field stuff this year, and I know you and some others are, too.

Lol. I think that's because of longshot and lack of CFM updates.

I'm with u on what sounds like quality gameplay, smoother animations with frostbite, and the sim/arcade/comp settings should all make the game play better. I'm still looking forward to the game and really hope the gameplay changes make a difference, because, for me, gameplay will always trump all.

But, I think a lot of the sim people here are also big CFM people that are dying for a more immersive and interesting CFM experience. And, many of them didn't need a story mode, lol. Regardless of how well that turns out to be, overall, this year, so far, sounds like CFM didn't get much love. The mode, itself, the sim stuff (offball injuries, etc) will make CFM better, but they haven't announced anything truly interesting for CFM. Maybe, they will. Rex mentioned they've got something coming that should please the CFM crowd, I believe, in one of the videos.

But, yeah, I think that's where the negativity is coming from. More about CFM than sim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #22
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky

I'm with u on what sounds like quality gameplay, smoother animations with frostbite, and the sim/arcade/comp settings should all make the game play better. I'm still looking forward to the game and really hope the gameplay changes make a difference, because, for me, gameplay will always trump all.

But, I think a lot of the sim people here are also big CFM people that are dying for a more immersive and interesting CFM experience. And, many of them didn't need a story mode, lol. Regardless of how well that turns out to be, overall, this year, so far, sounds like CFM didn't get much love. The mode, itself, the sim stuff (offball injuries, etc) will make CFM better, but they haven't announced anything truly interesting for CFM. Maybe, they will. Rex mentioned they've got something coming that should please the CFM crowd, I believe, in one of the videos.

But, yeah, I think that's where the negativity is coming from. More about CFM than sim.

I totally get that 100%. I've been playing franchise mode since it was introduced back on the PS1. I'm one of those diehard, old school franchise guys, but, I'm also in the same boat where I believe gameplay is king.

Even when Franchise wasn't really worth playing, OS would always shout gameplay, gameplay, gameplay! I guess I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic and yearn for the days of on the field action being a priority here.

I learned SO MUCH about the X's and O's of football thanks to guys here on OS. Breaking down footage, explaining all the ins and outs about where gameplay could and should be.

Seems like we finally got devs who are committed to that, and every thread you to in it's just complaining about CFM. This isn't in regards to EVERYONE as a whole, I guess I just expect different from OS.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

You forgot lack of gameplay footage.

Yeah, unfortunately, the overlooking of lack of CFM features and Longshot, a feature no one has any experience with and the lack of film footage is causing people overlooking the additions to gameplay.

Plus, I agree with Sage, the lack of game footage is causing the regurgitation of the topics mentioned above.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:

I am in a different boat than most people. Game play improvements are great but for me cfm is what keeps me playing. Without some kind of context to the meaning of the games and the running of the franchise the game gets boring pretty quickly. I played football video games going back to around 1990. In the early days it was fun to play games with your buddy while drinking some beers sitting in front of the same television screen. I would play it a couple months and move on.

Once franchise came along it gave me a reason to play a lot longer. It was no longer a rental game but a purchase. The sad thing is that the franchise experience has not gotten any better since it first came out. Hell, in 17 you can't even find out who led the leage in rushing the prior year.

That is why I am playing nba 2k17 everyday. A sport I don't even watch. I watch football every Saturday and Saturday night, every Sunday and Sunday night, every monday night, every thursday night. The gameplay in nba 2k17 has some problems but I can overlook them because running my franchise is so immersive and every player plays differently. Since fifa gets all the attention maybe it does a better job. I may rent it and give it a go though I find soccer extremely boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »