Home

Zones defense issue

This is a discussion on Zones defense issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Zones defense issue

I know the game hasn't launched yet and Rex is atleast aware of the issue, but do you think they will fix this in the day one patch? A tuner update? Or the 1st official patch that usually comes in the first or second week of September?

The zones defense nerf borderline breaks the game for all types of players, CFM, competitive, etc.

If the zones are too easy or dumbed down then what's the point of trying to rebuild a defense on a team. Personally I'm just going to play Longshot until this gets fixed cause there's really no point in starting my CFM until then.

What's your opinion on the timeframe of the fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Zones defense issue

SimFootballCritic said last night that it will 100% NOT be fixed on Day one. The Coverage issue was a part of the day one patch build. Also said that this cannot be fixed with tuners, will have to be a full patch to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Still on the fence till i try the game myself via ea access but will definitely NOT purchase till zones are fixed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
SimFootballCritic said last night that it will 100% NOT be fixed on Day one. The Coverage issue was a part of the day one patch build. Also said that this cannot be fixed with tuners, will have to be a full patch to fix.

Did Rex actually say that it won't be fixed day one?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

I need to play the game first, to see how bad zone is.

But I dont want zone to be overpowered like it was, in I think it was madden 25.

Where people would play cover 3 all game, and it would over every route like glue.

I have no problem with zone being the way it is, as long as they fix man coverage. Man coverage last year was not reliable, even if you had a 99 CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

They won't fix zones until they collect a good amount of data and then compare it to their NFL data and so forth.

Most likely, in EA's mind, the zones are not broken; they may not be what GC's played with at EA Play, but broken and different are two different things.

I think EA wants to examine MUT Squads and see how real life players affect game play, which would include zone play. Imagine, 3 users playing zones: 1 inside LB, and then 2 users playing a corner on each side; that is some major coverage ability and if zones were too tight, you may not have enough reason for a user to control a corner.

EA/Tib has made usering CB's and OL player more fun, according to their blogs and interviews; I think EA is headed to a more user vs user format; even going so far as allowing up to 6 users per side.

Teams in e-sports are generally 5 players if I recall correctly, and in shooters they are called clans or "squads."
Old 08-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #7
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
They won't fix zones until they collect a good amount of data and then compare it to their NFL data and so forth.

Most likely, in EA's mind, the zones are not broken; they may not be what GC's played with at EA Play, but broken and different are two different things.

I think EA wants to examine MUT Squads and see how real life players affect game play, which would include zone play. Imagine, 3 users playing zones: 1 inside LB, and then 2 users playing a corner on each side; that is some major coverage ability and if zones were too tight, you may not have enough reason for a user to control a corner.

EA/Tib has made usering CB's and OL player more fun, according to their blogs and interviews; I think EA is headed to a more user vs user format; even going so far as allowing up to 6 users per side.

Teams in e-sports are generally 5 players if I recall correctly, and in shooters they are called clans or "squads."
But collecting data regarding Rex's pass yardage per gm numbers isn't going to tell them that zones are working or broken.

Pass attempts vs completions will. This is why I don't understand Rex's graph. It's like inconclusive and meaningless data in regards to the potential issue.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Did Rex actually say that it won't be fixed day one?

He said that was a statement from Rex/Devs yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »