Home

Mobile CPU QBs actually a threat in M18?

This is a discussion on Mobile CPU QBs actually a threat in M18? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2017, 02:10 AM   #25
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Mobile CPU QBs actually a threat in M18?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 02:23 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
On the surface, it appears they will look at it, at the least, when you play the game and show some video evidence.
They really cant figure this stuff out for themselves? How many years has it been? This game needs a team that knows football and knows how to put that in the game. We need video footage in franchise mode on tuesdays before noon as long as its not raining to prove to them scrambling qb's do not scramble. We are putting waaaay too much lead into this dead horse.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
They really cant figure this stuff out for themselves? How many years has it been? This game needs a team that knows football and knows how to put that in the game. We need video footage in franchise mode on tuesdays before noon as long as its not raining to prove to them scrambling qb's do not scramble. We are putting waaaay too much lead into this dead horse.
Come on now, they know football. I'm willing to bet that these guys know more about the sport than either of us can ever hope to learn.

That is not the problem.

What I think is the problem is that this team is made up of head to head gamers, so AI things like this take a backseat. I don't think they are intentionally dismissive of offline play, they are just not attuned to it
Old 08-12-2017, 03:00 AM   #28
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

AI is hard to do, and clearly not a priority for EA. Has Madden's AI significantly improved since the PS2 era?
Old 08-12-2017, 03:21 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
AI is hard to do, and clearly not a priority for EA. Has Madden's AI significantly improved since the PS2 era?
In some ways yes, like defenders in zone coverage are more intelligent about playing their assignments. I think AI controlled RBs are much better at using their blockers.

But from a strategic sense? No, no improvements at all I think.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:27 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Come on now, they know football. I'm willing to bet that these guys know more about the sport than either of us can ever hope to learn.

That is not the problem.

What I think is the problem is that this team is made up of head to head gamers, so AI things like this take a backseat. I don't think they are intentionally dismissive of offline play, they are just not attuned to it
I doubt that they know football better than I do, but sure. Maybe. That does not matter because the things I am talking about are simple. I also refuse to give the benefit of the doubt when its the same thing year after year. This franchise needs new blood at the helm and competition. Until that happens its going to be the 4th or maybe even 5th best video game sports franchise.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
I doubt that they know football better than I do, but sure. Maybe. That does not matter because the things I am talking about are simple. I also refuse to give the benefit of the doubt when its the same thing year after year. This franchise needs new blood at the helm and competition. Until that happens its going to be the 4th or maybe even 5th best video game sports franchise.
I get what you are saying, but there are a bunch of former college players and at least one pro player on the development team.

The OL blocking has improved and so has the hb/fb blocking this year, along with downfield blocking.

They don't need new blood, they need to get rid of that legacy coding and maybe some of the suits that allow innovation from the developers.

You never know what kind of new blood you will get, maybe more a casual mode new blood for developers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
In some ways yes, like defenders in zone coverage are more intelligent about playing their assignments. I think AI controlled RBs are much better at using their blockers.

But from a strategic sense? No, no improvements at all I think.
You know though on the mobile QB topic I recall one iteration (I generally played 2006 and 2012 before picking up 2017) where I was frustrated watching the AI QBs that had no business scrambling (Eli) taking off too much. Maybe again there the issue is coding the AI to scramble/run intelligently and now we've gone too far the opposite direction where QBs will look to throw nearly 100% of the time even with open field ahead of them. SOmeone last year mentioned the tuck and run trait, which must have been something they've used in the past. It would be nice to see if some of that could be carried over in 18 to give more of a chance the CPU QBs that should run will do so more often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »