Home

Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 18 is avialable via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

Are people testing any games in cfm or just play now?

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks
Old 08-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #10
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Wait, isn't Zone not supposed to be good right now? Are you saying the opposite or I am mis-reading what you wrote?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

I'm not sure. I had no problem throwing the ball but I had Brady and solid WRs vs the Jets. I did throw one int but it was completely my fault as I hit the wrong button. Was playing PS4 this week so it always takes me a few games to get used to it again.

And the jets had little trouble vs me throwing the ball and I switched between man and zone. Zone seemed to have openings. And in man some WR toasted butler for a long TD.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #11
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Are people testing any games in cfm or just play now?

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks
I played a play now game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Zone and man defense is suspect for the USER team. I have had instances where the defender don't even move and the WR or TE just run freely down the field wide open for a deep pass. Also noticed CBs can and will be burnt quite often. One that WR get that step on them, it's a wrap for a deep pass.

CPU try to strip or hit stick you often. Cover the ball or you will fumble quite a bit. Seem like the deep posts be wide open for the CPU quite a lot. Don't know what be happening to the safeties, but that play is money for the CPU.
The strip and hit stick frequency could be tied to the cpu setting its defense to "aggressive" in the coaching adjustments.

I wonder if it defaults to that like I think it did in NCAA. Your own coaching adjustment settings may be influencing your team's zone play.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #13
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

As the browns default all pro against the steelers cfm, I threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns with Kizer. The defense was an absolute joke on both sides but I'm the browns they're supposed to be bad. All around disappointment. The game actually felt a little slower to me but that could have been the game speed but it's on normal.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #14
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Anybody capping?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

Played Allstar sim against Houston. I was the pats.

First things first. MY CENTER GOT HURT. YES. IT HAPPENED. David Andrews left the game and didn't come back. I was playing Play now live which is absolutely awesome in my opinion. Just like a franchise game. It was cool. I actually felt like I was playing a season game.

I know Brian Cushing used to be highly touted, but he was an animal against the run.

J.J Watt had a strip on Dion Lewis. I felt scared to run to his side.

Hopkins had a bunch of receptions against Gilmore. I switched Butler on him. Made it much more competitive.

Cooks had tight coverage on the sideline and I saw a nice diving animation w. him and the corner. Corner got a hand on it. What I thought was really cool was the pats side line throwing their fake flags asking for a PI.

For the first time playing Madden, I actually cringed when watching Brady get sacked. The hits are improved and injuries happen pretty frequently. I had 3 injuries in the first half.

I think just like every year, All madden takes away from the user. I'm going to try and play on pro and see if I can get a more evenly matched game. Even though I was the pat on All-pro, I felt like Houston had that "boost" advantage.

Presentation just isn't up to par with gameplay. Not that its horrendous, but stale. I know this team can do a better job if they just focused on camera angles, replays, injury presentation, play reactions, etc etc .

Overall though, very fun and its really cool to have options. There are so many things added to the game in terms of coaching adjustments, speed differential, and injuries that you really need to be cautious of.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-16-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Best Madden I've ever played by a long way. Played some Franchise, MUT & now starting longshot. Everything feels so smooth, they've really stepped up the blocking mechanics too.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »