Home

Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 18 is avialable via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
First thought...this game looks AMAZING!!! Second thought...
but this is 1080p though?
Old 08-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #50
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
There is no 4k yet, so it's all 1080p or 720p is my assumption.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #51
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
-Agile ball carriers felt absolutely lethal in space, I had a nasty juke on a long run (https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudHeartle...oiseHumbleLife) a sick stutter step on a kickoff return (https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryShyRingCurseLit) and another nice spin, but I am too lazy to find the clip. KC has a lot of high agility ball handlers and you could really tell in space. It was a nice surprise.
Edit: The Brady throw: https://clips.twitch.tv/TemperedAbra...thalStrawBeary
here is gifs of the plays

Spoiler

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-16-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 8

This will be my final impression after a few hours with the game.

Ratings matter - As I've said before, running backs really play to their strengths. Speed is 100% a factor. QBs that aren't very accurate definitely struggle (for me anyways and I like to think I'm pretty good). Good defensive lineman consistently get pressure and elite linebackers fly all over the place.

Animations look solid for the most part. OL/DL play is superb. "War in the Trenches" is finally here. Watching D-lineman coming off blocks and tackling the running back looks fluid and is very satisfying. I haven't played madden 17 but line play was nothing like this in 16. I'm actually surprised EA didn't make a bigger deal about the improvements (but then again it might not be as big of a jump from 17-18 as it is from 16 - 18).

The secondary is where this game is lacking. People speak of zone coverage being broken but I actually see it more in man. I feel elite corners do not get up on their guy tight enough and stay on the hip. I played corner a few plays and i was trying out the RS moves. The animations looked great. But people have stated after the blog, they were hesitant to believe AI would use the same moves. From what I've seen, they were right. They are some amazing animations but they do not trigger between AI. From what I've noticed anyways.

I think if you like football and like madden. It's a must buy. Run game, blocking, passing, run defense, are all very well done. Pass defense needs to be more aggressive on both man and zone. At least for elite players. The game is fun as hell.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-16-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #53
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
here is gifs of the plays

Spoiler
Spoiler your gifs........that auto playing bog down pages for people who don't have fast internet speeds.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #54
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Still sucks trying to pick you play on D in the 15 seconds they give you. Thankfully formation subs are in for CFM. Game looks great though visually.

Played two drives vs Steelers. Felt solid. Held them in redone after focusing on run because Bell ate me up at first. 99 ovr. Been threw a dropped INT on third and long to back of endzone. Trufant dropped a pass while squared up watching the whole way. Oh well.

Had a solid 8 play drive for touchdown capped off with a screen pass for td. Using motion to determine man vs zone worked well all drive. Felt in control running and passing using football logic. Playaction effect. MattyVP 5/5 66 yards. Love his ratings. Can't wait to use this team more.

Felt like play calling really matters so that's why I wish I had more time on defense. I like to see there formation and swap players based on down and distance and there's just not enough time.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 08-16-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #55
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
Can't even imagine what it looks like in person on 4K. I can assume it's Gabrielle Union from the movie The Brothers type beautiful tho.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #56
Rookie

SamDezzy43's Arena

OVR: 0

Just played my first game, Panthers v Bucs

I really liked it. At first I thought wow this is the same. But it's really not. Lots of Subtle differences. Lighting is amazing but that was expected. Computer plays smarter, Winston was balling and making some good throws under pressure. I got picked off 3 times, all in the first half. The Ai is smarter, I felt like I couldn't just pick a play and wing it, had to actually think about it (on both sides of the ball)
Was down 19-0 in the 4th, came back to win with Cam scrambling for a TD as the clock struck 00:00 to win 21-19

The locomotion of the running feels and looks a lot better, always been something I've wanted. Still got to get a hang of the moves, I keep doing R2 and juke and it's like a big slow hop, gotta figure out how to do the quick jabs to get through a hole or something. Some pretty good passing and catching animations, along with interceptions (which I saw 3 too many times). Simulation mode felt sim (not that I played the others to contrast). Cam missed many throws, especially when I was running and being silly. Winston missed a few but not as many. Was really good I believe. Peppers had 4 sacks which was a little odd, but then they started double teaming/chipping/RB blocking which was a good counterbalance

Last edited by SamDezzy43; 08-16-2017 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Elaboration
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »