Home

Madden 18 Review

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Review within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #49
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 18 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
It's also possible that outside of the OS bubble, the lack of franchise improvements isn't a game-killing situation.
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha
Old 08-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Generally children develop past egocentrism around the age of 6 or 7.

Egocentrism is defined as the inability to understand any perspective other than their own.

Some research suggests that people may struggle with egocentrism well into adulthood.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #51
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Generally children develop past egocentrism around the age of 6 or 7.

Egocentrism is defined as the inability to understand any perspective other than their own.

Some research suggests that people may struggle with egocentrism well into adulthood.
So because I disagree with the reviewer's opinion of the game that it's the best sports game ever created, does this mean I have Egocentrism?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 04:33 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So because I disagree with the reviewer's opinion of the game that it's the best sports game ever created, does this mean I have Egocentrism?
No, that is not why.

Its because you questioned whether the reviewer even played the game. Because anyone that played the game couldn't possibly come to such a conclusion.

It was mostly tongue in cheek though.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #53
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
This review is absurd. Madden is the worst sports title out of all the major sports.
The most fitting post in this entire hilarious thread, imo, because if this is what the reviewer had stated, 1) The thread would probably be closed ASAP and 2) it would be demonized as Madden bashing, blind hate, agendas, etc, versus simply just one persons opinion.

It's odd to me that any hyperbolic statement like that can't be universally called out as at least uninformed. Again, even if it was a review calling M18 the worst game ever made, that's just as hyperbolic as this one. Unfortunately, for some reason, if it's pro-Madden some feel it's A OK but Madden critiques must be exposed and their measure taken, lmao.

OMFG!!!! Update: I wrote that first part before diving into the article:

Spoiler

I have no intention of buying M18 new or paying full price but I'd preorder for $100 what he's describing.

Lastly the part that really jumped out at me:

Should you buy it?

Yes, if you even have a passing interest in football — or video game narratives — Madden NFL 18 is a must-buy.

ROFL, WTF? So someone has ZERO interest in football, not even a "passing interest" but they do at least have a passing interest in video game narratives, "must buy" Madden 18. Come the **** on, regardless of whatever you think about Madden, this review is hilarious.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 Review by Digital Trends (Steven Petite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
If it's deep enough for him, it really DOES equate to "deep" in his opinion lol that's how opinions work, and professional reviews are still opinions. Just opinions that reach more people.

I agree on the worthless part. But I say that about every review & critique. When reviews come in that match YOUR perception of the game, they will also be worthless.
With no frame of reference, it's a knowledge-less review. Someone reviewing an RPG like Oblivion, saying it's the best RPG ever made, if it's the only RPG they've ever played, then their opinion lacks knowledge and ends up being useless.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone who thinks this is the worst sports game on the Market must not be a hockey fan.

If Rammer had half the passion Rex seems to have NHL may not be the joke of all sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #56
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
ITT: we learn that reviews (opinions) are only good if they align with our own preconceived thoughts.

Is it the best sports game ever made? I dunno, EA Access hasn't even been out 24 hours yet. But there's a possibility, and stay with me here, that this particular reviewer played some games and (gasp!) preferred the gameplay here over other sports gameplay he has tried. Yeah, he talks about a deep franchise, and true it needs to be deeper; but perhaps it's deep enough for him?

At the end of the day, it's just an opinion. But the reactions remind me of something Roadman said a while back regarding Longshot: "if I end up liking it, nobody here will hear about it from me."

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thank You.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »