Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #129

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Short and sweet.....we suck. I'm sitting with a 2-6 record at the midway point of the season with San Francisco. Our defense has only given up fewer then 30 points in a game one time this season and that was at Washington when we knocked Cousins out early and feasted on McCoy. Just finished losing 33-13 at Philadelphia that saw me throw 4 picks and get gashed on the ground by Blount. Thankfully this season is half over so I can start to make ends roads on building the team back into respectability.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:40 PM   #130
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
How is your franchise going? Madden 18

5-1 w/ NYJ after an amazing finish at home vs NE

Went up 24-10 early but found ourselves only up 2, 34-32, and Tom Brady with the ball with under 2:00 to play. NE drove down and with 0:09 remaining lined up to kick the go ahead game winner from about 35 yds out. But wait.... Juston Burris blocks the FG and Jamal Adams recovers and raced to the end zone for the score as time expired. After the PAT the final score would be 41-32, NYJ over NE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #131
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep, l'm waiting too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegraff74
Still waiting for the patch to start my Broncos Franchise, as I'm sure many are. Ugh
Not trying to be argumentative, but I never understood those that wait. Why not fire up something like a test franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Short and sweet.....we suck. I'm sitting with a 2-6 record at the midway point of the season with San Francisco. Our defense has only given up fewer then 30 points in a game one time this season and that was at Washington when we knocked Cousins out early and feasted on McCoy. Just finished losing 33-13 at Philadelphia that saw me throw 4 picks and get gashed on the ground by Blount. Thankfully this season is half over so I can start to make ends roads on building the team back into respectability.
If it makes you feel better, in my franchise the 49ers are 1-12. Somehow, and I cannot really wrap my head around this, through 13 games they have a total of 5 passing TDs.

Anyway, in my Ravens franchise our winning streak ended at 8 games as we fell to the Steelers 20-13. Perhaps more importantly though, we lost CJ Mosley for the rest of the year with a foot fracture. I guess he could return in time for the SB, but without my star LB I don't know that we can get that far.

Aside from the Steelers winning against me, the other teams in the North seem to be choking away their season, so division crown looks to be safely mine. Current Standings:

1. Ravens 9-4
2. Steelers 7-6
3. Bengals 6-7
4. Browns 6-7

Almost feel bad for the Browns because they started 4-1. Now they are going to overachieve and finish middle of the pack, so they will miss out on a higher draft pick.

The Jacksonville Jaguars continue to be the never saw that coming team. They sit at 11-2 and Blake Bortles still leads the NFL in passing yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started a temporary franchise with the Lions and wow they were fun to play with. We went 12-4. Matt Stafford stuggled to stay healthy in the early part of the season and Jake Ruddock held it down while I leaned on my running game of Theo Riddick who went over 1200 rushing yards. Kenny Golladay is an absolute monster he had 1000+ yards with 7 TDs. We lost to the Saints in the NFC championship game and then they ended up losing to the patriots in the super bowl. I kept most of the team together minus Ansah I let him walk. We drafted a Center with our first pick he took over for the previous seasons center. We start off 2018 3-1. Next game up is a Sunday night matchup against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #133
Rookie

NoFlyZoneAzCards's Arena

Anybody got a online franchise for xbox one with any spots open please let me know thank you
Old 09-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #134
Banned

I'm 3 games into the 2018 season with the Chargers after losing the wildcard round to Tennessee last year. After having a career year I traded Philip Rivers alongside Tyrell Williams to the Denver Broncos for their pick 9. I used that pick as well am my own pick 21, as well as developing star Rolb Attaochu to the Jets for the coveted number 1 pick, in order to keep local star QB Sam Darnold from USC in LA.

I drafted the player in the photo who was the number 1 draft board option and edited only his name and appearance- (I never edit draft stats/traits). Luckily he has the quick development trait and is Sam Darnolds age.

First game of the 2018 season is against the Broncos at home. I was determined to have a great first game with Darnold and outclass Rivers, however he threw a 28 yard TD reception to none other than Tyrell Williams on the first drive...
Darnold finished the game with 451 yards, 4Td passes, 1 rush tD and a QBR of 141 in a 28-26 win. Chargers looking to be a deep playoff threat with this young core heading into the new Hollywood stadium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1562.jpg (496.9 KB, 251 views)
Old 09-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #135
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Started the season against the Skins with a 28-13 win. Was a rainy game and Cousins couldn't get anything going. Ended up with 3 ints and 1 TD. After realizing Wentz was missing a lot of passes cuz of the rain I ran the ball 50 times with all 4 backs I have. Ended up with 300 yards rushing by the end of the game.

Game 2 against the Chiefs lost 28-21. It was just one of those games that felt like I couldn't win no matter what I did. Threw 3 picks with Wentz. And Alex Smith looked like Tom Brady out there. Going like 21/25. Was just a rough game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #136
Rookie

My fantasy draft Panthers started 1-4, now 5-5. Benched AJ McCaron in favor of Trevone Boykin and holy crap, that boy has lit things up. Offense is clicking on all cylinders with Boykin, Derrick Henry, Terrell Pryor, and Ryan Switzer.

So being 5-5, I'm in an interesting situation. Every team in my division has a better record than me. It shows me as last place. Thing is, I am 3-0 in the division. Does Madden recognize this, or is it purely based on overall record?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »