Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2017, 01:44 AM   #105
Just started!

gmoneygreen8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

I am loving how this Madden is playing so far. I was testing with a Bills franchise to get sliders I liked playing with. Now that I've got a set I like I finally started a franchise with the 49ers I'm going to stick with.

I just finished week 1 against the Panthers, I have to say it went like I expected. We lost 27-10. Cam threw for 250 yards, another 45 on the ground. Stewart ran for 100, they really tore up the my poor defense. My offensive line got demolished so Hoyer got sacked three times and Hyde was only able to muster up about 50 yards on the ground. I put Beathard in on the final drive and threw a pick in the red zone due to an errant throw from pressure.

This will be quite the rebuild, and am looking forward to it. Hoping to get some extra draft picks in the couple upcoming drafts. Excited to build around Solomon Thomas and Buckner on the defensive end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #106
Rookie

Nick_Mc's Arena

My Vikings franchise is just a rollercoaster ride. I am 6-5 right now (All-Pro, Sim). 4-0 against my divisional rivals but have copped hidings in other games, I also lost 40-39 against the Browns in London. The CPU just has such amazing completion percentages and despite the fact I am leading the league in sacks and running yards conceded I have still conceded the most points. Dalvin Cook is an absolute beast, leading the league in rushing by quite a way.

I just had the most astounding ending to a game against the Lions. Kicked a field goal with 12 seconds left to go up 25-23. They return the kick-off for a touchdown which made me rage, but with one second left I also returned a touchdown for the win. Insane.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #107
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Mc
My Vikings franchise is just a rollercoaster ride. I am 6-5 right now (All-Pro, Sim). 4-0 against my divisional rivals but have copped hidings in other games, I also lost 40-39 against the Browns in London. The CPU just has such amazing completion percentages and despite the fact I am leading the league in sacks and running yards conceded I have still conceded the most points. Dalvin Cook is an absolute beast, leading the league in rushing by quite a way.

I just had the most astounding ending to a game against the Lions. Kicked a field goal with 12 seconds left to go up 25-23. They return the kick-off for a touchdown which made me rage, but with one second left I also returned a touchdown for the win. Insane.
Random question, are you British?
Old 09-02-2017, 11:33 AM   #108
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Jets take on the Tyrod Taylor-less Bills in Week one of the regular season! Did Coach Reed and the Longshots earn a W?
Reed's Madden 18 Franchise: Longshots in New York

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 09-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I just fell to 1-6, this is by far the worst I've ever done in a franchise. Trubisky went down with a dislocated shoulder my last game, I thought it would be a blessing in disguise as I could sling the ball around and pad my WRs stats to try and develop them and not care if Glennon threw a bunch of picks, but the following week Trubisky was off the injury report. I'm really missing having Alshon Jeffrey on the team, nobody on the roster can catch a ball in traffic or go up and get a jump ball. I have the second worst scoring offense in the league, the most points allowed by far, and I'm in a three team race for the top pick of the draft
Old 09-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #110
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Started a sim/all pro with my crappy Jets.

After week 1 Bills beat us down 30-6 and knocked McCown out for 5 weeks....

Week 2 I had to start Petty and pulled off a huge upset in Oakland 23-20 by converting a 3rd and 8 to be able to run the clock out! I panicked and hit the wrong receiver button, thank god it went to an open guy over the middle who made a diving catch, otherwise Oakland would of had 1 more shot to tie or win the game!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #111
Rookie

Nick_Mc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Random question, are you British?
Nah, from New Zealand actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Mc
Nah, from New Zealand actually.
Okay. Was wondering because of your use of conceded. I noticed while watching soccer games that Americans tend to say "surrendered a goal" while Brits say "conceded a goal"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »