Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #89
Rookie

Mike_SethT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

I seem to be having issues on how to load a custom roster into either offline or online franchise. I load the roster in the main menu at the manage files section, then go to new franchise and select use custom roster. It loads a roster but every time it loads the default roster, I've even deleted all other roster files except the custom one. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Okay so it looks like the roster does load having the right signings, but the ratings change for some reason.

Last edited by Mike_SethT; 08-30-2017 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Figured it out
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_SethT
I seem to be having issues on how to load a custom roster into either offline or online franchise. I load the roster in the main menu at the manage files section, then go to new franchise and select use custom roster. It loads a roster but every time it loads the default roster, I've even deleted all other roster files except the custom one. What am I doing wrong?

I think you need to load the roster, exit the game completely, then hit 'Active Roster' so that the loaded roster works.

alright alright allllriiiiiiiight
Old 08-30-2017, 11:59 PM   #91
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_SethT

Edit: Okay so it looks like the roster does load having the right signings, but the ratings change for some reason.
CFM ratings reflect your coaches schemes, so there will be a slight change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:29 AM   #92
Just started!

Was planning to play as my Jets this year but after struggling through a couple rough starts with them I decided to try something different. Started a new CFM and I sim'd the first season to see where the coaching vacancies we're.

Andy Reid retired after the first season going 7-9. I think the Browns and Jets fired their coaches. I've never played with the Chiefs so I went with them.

The draft had a Wide Receiver rated #1 and I needed something extra going into my first season. Unfortunately I didn't have a first to take him. Alex Smith ended up being the same overall as Mahomes going into the draft. So going with youth I traded Smith and 2nd rounders to the Jets for their first overall pick (Probably not entirely realistic) and got my guy (82 Overall). I lost a ton of my Oline depth to free agency so I used my remaining picks to try and shore up the line.

Going into the regular season I'm 2-2. First game was against the Raiders. I was able to shut down Carr but Lynch ran all over me. Mahomes ended up getting hurt, (shoulder strain) but I had a big lead. Brandon Weeden comes in, I give up some points to make it close but was able to hold on.

Second game was against the Texans and I just smoked them. Mahomes threw for 3 TDs and Ware pulled his wait with a rushing TD.

At this point I was feeling pretty confident about my team. Unfortunately Mahomes would unravel the next two games (Raiders and Chargers) and then get hurt again in my fourth game. He would end up throwing 3 picks in both games. We came storming back in our second game against the Raiders but a late fumble gave away the game.

Overall I think it will be an up and down season. I really like my passing attack but some wild throws are keeping me from winning. My two minute offense is good but not great. I signed Quincy Enunwa in Free Agency and he has been killing it for me in the Red Zone. 5 TD's in 4 games. I moved Tyreek Hill to the slot because I thought it would create some mismatches but he just can't stop dropping passes.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #93
Rookie

Is there a manual injury setting somewhere to follow real life injuries
Old 08-31-2017, 01:32 PM   #94
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravescountry123
There is an injury slider in the league settings that you can adjust.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-31-2017, 01:36 PM   #95
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravescountry123
It wouldn't make much sense to have a CFM with players all of a sudden injured due to real life injuries. I think there is an option for Cloud CFM that allows you to follow along with the season. Which will probably use the week-to-week updated season rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #96
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

A quick update on my Dolphins CFM now heading into week 6.

We took it on the chin vs the Titans as Mariotta played a brilliant game with some precision passing and Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry wore my defense down and carved me up.

Jay Cutler went down with a dislocated Elbow and will miss the next 6 weeks. So veteran Matt Moore is now at the helm. We will have to really lean on the running game till Jay get's back. Matt is a competent back up but can get very inconsistent with his accuracy. It will be a challenge to hold down the fort and stay in the playoff race although we are 3-2. The Patriots are shockingly 1-4 and have lost several games by less than 4 points. Hopefully they don't get on a roll while we wait for Jay to get back.

We will have a huge decision in the off-season regarding the QB position. Ryan Tannehill will be returning. I really want to move on from him though. But that will all depend on the draft class I scout, where we finish after the season is over and also the potential free agent class and if any QB's become available.

I may just cut Ryan loose and go one more year with Jay Cutler. Also I will be franchise tagging Jarvis Landry. After year 2 both he and Devante Parker will be pending free agents and then I can make a decision before week 8 if I want to move either one for a high draft pick.....or maybe package them with some draft picks (future 1st's) for a QB.

So much to figure out with this team!!! It should be a really fun and interesting franchise and a much different dynamic than I had with Oakland on 17 (won three straight Super Bowls, but it was an epic journey and did not come easy).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »