Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise? - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

This is a discussion on Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #17
Pro
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Created about 15 CFM's online and haven't seen this once.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #18
Rookie
 
badluck22's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Created about 15 CFM's online and haven't seen this once.
Are you starting them from Week 1 with the play now live rosters?
badluck22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #19
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Created about 15 CFM's online and haven't seen this once.
Where are you starting the cfm from? For me it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with the "live roster"

Last edited by vstro; 09-11-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
vstro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
Stay thirsty my friends
 
goalieump413's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 438
Blog Entries: 7
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
The comments in this thread are rife with conjecture and misunderstanding. This post, however, takes the cake. Each new career in HC09 does not start with the same draft class each time (there are 4 "paths," four starting points); and the draft classes of the 4 paths were not randomized after the first year draft (some names were randomized but not most).
My apologies for not getting the technical accuracy you wanted. It's been a little while since I've played HC09. But the main point I was making is that HC09 had similar database limitations to what's been reported here, in that there was no player data generator that created fully randomized draft classes.

But enough of that...

This morning, I ran 5 offline CFM simulations and 2 online CFM simulations to check whether there were any signs of repetition in player names, positions, or combine grades. I began each of the 7 total simulations using a downloaded roster set from xAPATHYx13 (UPDATED18), started my CFM's from the beginning of the preaseason, and simmed up to the draft, Xbox1.

In each of the 5 offline, and 2 online CFM's I saw no evidence of a singular, hard coded, or identical player pool going into the draft. I recorded the top 5 QB's, top 3 HB's, and top 3 DT's and also checked for any name duplication anywhere in the player list among these 15 lists and found no duplication at all.

Same for the 2 online CFM's.

If I could get my screenshots from my uploading to OneDrive, I'd show you. I have to figure that out. Maybe it's an account thing.

I also want to add that I saw some good randomization in overall Combine Grades. As you drop from the #1 in that position down, the overall grade got more random, and the spread from best to worst grade grew in range. This seems to be generally in line with reality, as some performances in a real combine would surprise, while others would be as expected.

Overall, I'm comfortable with the state of Madden 18 draft class generation, although I did read that after the draft, the scale of OVR's runs too high. But again, this is where the player editor comes into play.
goalieump413 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #21
Rookie
 
badluck22's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
My apologies for not getting the technical accuracy you wanted. It's been a little while since I've played HC09. But the main point I was making is that HC09 had similar database limitations to what's been reported here, in that there was no player data generator that created fully randomized draft classes.

But enough of that...

This morning, I ran 5 offline CFM simulations and 2 online CFM simulations to check whether there were any signs of repetition in player names, positions, or combine grades. I began each of the 7 total simulations using a downloaded roster set from xAPATHYx13 (UPDATED18), started my CFM's from the beginning of the preaseason, and simmed up to the draft, Xbox1.

In each of the 5 offline, and 2 online CFM's I saw no evidence of a singular, hard coded, or identical player pool going into the draft. I recorded the top 5 QB's, top 3 HB's, and top 3 DT's and also checked for any name duplication anywhere in the player list among these 15 lists and found no duplication at all.

Same for the 2 online CFM's.

If I could get my screenshots from my uploading to OneDrive, I'd show you. I have to figure that out. Maybe it's an account thing.

I also want to add that I saw some good randomization in overall Combine Grades. As you drop from the #1 in that position down, the overall grade got more random, and the spread from best to worst grade grew in range. This seems to be generally in line with reality, as some performances in a real combine would surprise, while others would be as expected.

Overall, I'm comfortable with the state of Madden 18 draft class generation, although I did read that after the draft, the scale of OVR's runs too high. But again, this is where the player editor comes into play.
From what i can tell it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with live rosters.

badluck22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 01:20 AM   #22
Rookie
 
mlb61's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck22
From what i can tell it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with live rosters.
From what I call tell there was a little boy named Peter, and Peter took delight in calling "Wolf!"
Which never failed to get a rise out of his friend C. Little.

Last edited by mlb61; 09-13-2017 at 02:52 AM.
mlb61 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:01 AM   #23
Rookie
 
mlb61's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
My apologies for not getting the technical accuracy you wanted. It's been a little while since I've played HC09. But the main point I was making is that HC09 had similar database limitations to what's been reported here, in that there was no player data generator that created fully randomized draft classes.

But enough of that...

This morning, I ran 5 offline CFM simulations and 2 online CFM simulations to check whether there were any signs of repetition in player names, positions, or combine grades. I began each of the 7 total simulations using a downloaded roster set from xAPATHYx13 (UPDATED18), started my CFM's from the beginning of the preaseason, and simmed up to the draft, Xbox1.

In each of the 5 offline, and 2 online CFM's I saw no evidence of a singular, hard coded, or identical player pool going into the draft. I recorded the top 5 QB's, top 3 HB's, and top 3 DT's and also checked for any name duplication anywhere in the player list among these 15 lists and found no duplication at all.

Same for the 2 online CFM's.

If I could get my screenshots from my uploading to OneDrive, I'd show you. I have to figure that out. Maybe it's an account thing.

I also want to add that I saw some good randomization in overall Combine Grades. As you drop from the #1 in that position down, the overall grade got more random, and the spread from best to worst grade grew in range. This seems to be generally in line with reality, as some performances in a real combine would surprise, while others would be as expected.

Overall, I'm comfortable with the state of Madden 18 draft class generation, although I did read that after the draft, the scale of OVR's runs too high. But again, this is where the player editor comes into play.
HC09's "database limitations," as you call them, were a design feature, and a well-loved one; I don't recall a single person posting a complaint about them here in the HC09 forum.
mlb61 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #24
Pro
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
Where are you starting the cfm from? For me it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with the "live roster"
No I do the legit roster, or "custom" option as it's called this year, and I always start from the preseason.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

Top -