Home

Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

This is a discussion on Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #17
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cfm draft classes when starting new franchise?

Created about 15 CFM's online and haven't seen this once.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #18
Rookie

badluck22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Are you starting them from Week 1 with the play now live rosters?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Where are you starting the cfm from? For me it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with the "live roster"

Last edited by vstro; 09-11-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #20
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
The comments in this thread are rife with conjecture and misunderstanding. This post, however, takes the cake. Each new career in HC09 does not start with the same draft class each time (there are 4 "paths," four starting points); and the draft classes of the 4 paths were not randomized after the first year draft (some names were randomized but not most).
My apologies for not getting the technical accuracy you wanted. It's been a little while since I've played HC09. But the main point I was making is that HC09 had similar database limitations to what's been reported here, in that there was no player data generator that created fully randomized draft classes.

But enough of that...

This morning, I ran 5 offline CFM simulations and 2 online CFM simulations to check whether there were any signs of repetition in player names, positions, or combine grades. I began each of the 7 total simulations using a downloaded roster set from xAPATHYx13 (UPDATED18), started my CFM's from the beginning of the preaseason, and simmed up to the draft, Xbox1.

In each of the 5 offline, and 2 online CFM's I saw no evidence of a singular, hard coded, or identical player pool going into the draft. I recorded the top 5 QB's, top 3 HB's, and top 3 DT's and also checked for any name duplication anywhere in the player list among these 15 lists and found no duplication at all.

Same for the 2 online CFM's.

If I could get my screenshots from my uploading to OneDrive, I'd show you. I have to figure that out. Maybe it's an account thing.

I also want to add that I saw some good randomization in overall Combine Grades. As you drop from the #1 in that position down, the overall grade got more random, and the spread from best to worst grade grew in range. This seems to be generally in line with reality, as some performances in a real combine would surprise, while others would be as expected.

Overall, I'm comfortable with the state of Madden 18 draft class generation, although I did read that after the draft, the scale of OVR's runs too high. But again, this is where the player editor comes into play.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #21
Rookie

badluck22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
My apologies for not getting the technical accuracy you wanted. It's been a little while since I've played HC09. But the main point I was making is that HC09 had similar database limitations to what's been reported here, in that there was no player data generator that created fully randomized draft classes.

But enough of that...

This morning, I ran 5 offline CFM simulations and 2 online CFM simulations to check whether there were any signs of repetition in player names, positions, or combine grades. I began each of the 7 total simulations using a downloaded roster set from xAPATHYx13 (UPDATED18), started my CFM's from the beginning of the preaseason, and simmed up to the draft, Xbox1.

In each of the 5 offline, and 2 online CFM's I saw no evidence of a singular, hard coded, or identical player pool going into the draft. I recorded the top 5 QB's, top 3 HB's, and top 3 DT's and also checked for any name duplication anywhere in the player list among these 15 lists and found no duplication at all.

If I could get my screenshots from my uploading to OneDrive, I'd show you. I have to figure that out. Maybe it's an account thing.

I also want to add that I saw some good randomization in overall Combine Grades. As you drop from the #1 in that position down, the overall grade got more random, and the spread from best to worst grade grew in range. This seems to be generally in line with reality, as some performances in a real combine would surprise, while others would be as expected.

Overall, I'm comfortable with the state of Madden 18 draft class generation, although I did read that after the draft, the scale of OVR's runs too high. But again, this is where the player editor comes into play.
From what i can tell it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with live rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 02:20 AM   #22
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck22
From what i can tell it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with live rosters.
From what I call tell there was a little boy named Peter, and Peter took delight in calling "Wolf!"
Which never failed to get a rise out of his friend C. Little.

Last edited by mlb61; 09-13-2017 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:01 AM   #23
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413

But enough of that...

HC09's "database limitations," as you call them, were a design feature, and a well-loved one; I don't recall a single person posting a complaint about them here in the HC09 forum.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:23 AM   #24
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
Where are you starting the cfm from? For me it's only with online cfm starting from the regular season with the "live roster"
No I do the legit roster, or "custom" option as it's called this year, and I always start from the preseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »