Home

its cool how when you play with bad QBs your line doesn't block well

This is a discussion on its cool how when you play with bad QBs your line doesn't block well within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #17
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: its cool how when you play with bad QBs your line doesn't block well

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I feel like that's the case with RBs. Holes are way bigger with my starting RB compared to my backup
Always felt the opposite for me. My backup got much more to work with in his few carries I'd give him. And it was the HB2 slot regardless of who was actually there
Old 10-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: its cool how when you play with bad QBs your line doesn't block well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
This brings us to the flaw in Madden. In game arm strength and accuracy is what separates QBs. That is not at all realistic. Tom Brady and Matt Ryan do not have strong arms. Some lower tier QBs are just as accurate throwing the ball as some of the top tier guys.

Real life the number one thing separating QBs is understanding coverages and throwing with anticipation (the oft used " throws a guy open" line). That is what makes Tom Brady the GOAT.

That very large part of what separates QB is not modeled in Madden.
And that's what awareness should mean to CPU QB's. You vs Brady with 99 awareness and he's changing plays at the LOS for a better matchup against your D, finding exploits in your coverage, picking up exotic blitzes you're calling, throwing guys open with perfect timing routes, etc. Meanwhile you vs a guy like Bortles for example, who physically can make all the throws but let's say his awareness is only 80; he's missing passing windows, is a half second late on throws, not using correct touch on passes, not checking out of plays at the LOS, etc. That's what should separate those guys.

There's no way to replicate all of that for user controlled QB's, therefore awareness should be consistency IMO. You've got a QB with 99 power and accuracy but only 60 awareness? You'll find that he can make any throw on the field at any given time, only he's very inconsistent in doing so and doesn't always play up to his 99 arm. Meanwhile, a guy that may only have mid 80's in power and accuracy but has 90+ awareness (consistency for user), you'll find he's pretty good consistently and rarely has bad errant throws that are way off the mark, yet if you're having to throw into a really tight window or having to drop it on a dime, it's risky as his arm is only so good. With the 99 guy, he can make that throw any day of the week, but will he make it this time given his inconsistency? That guy will have throws and even series where he plays all-world, then other times it's super frustrating as he's all over the shop despite having all-world potential and flashing that at times.

Last edited by TheWood56; 10-10-2017 at 09:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »