Home

Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complaining?

This is a discussion on Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complaining? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complaining?

Yeah, video games have problems. Madden 18 has problems. But were people doing this complaining in the real world when the internet wasn't quite what it is today? I remember those money plays in Madden and it got me irate playing Madden in the 90's and early 2000's. But truth? i still loved what I had. I had football. I could take control of my sad sack brownies and be okay with the issues on money plays and nano glitchs and so on. The internet just has become a tyrade of complaining IMO. So if the internet didn't exist, would anyone know how "bad" Madden 18 allegedly is? Or would it still be the most popular sports game on the earth?

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 10-12-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complainin

Yes, but the anger wouldn't probably wouldn't have gotten to the flash point we are currently sitting at. When people put themselves inside of echo chambers they get riled up and basically the angry comments bounce back and forth between people just getting them more upset. It is not unique to Madden, or even gaming, but something that has developed throughout the internet era.

The reality is people don't run to the internet to find differing view points, people run to the internet to reinforce and validate what they already believed to be true.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Ponder of the day: If the internet didn't exist, would people still be complainin

I think there's great value in appreciating what we have and remembering the way things were. Hell i first played madden on the Commodore 128 where you only got like 6 teams and none were officially licensed. We've come a long way and I'm grateful.
But none of this excuses the current state of madden. They have the resources to do better but lack the will and as long as we make excuses for them it never will improve beyond the superficial crap they peddle annually.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
MVP

Yes, but only my neighbors woud know what i was screaming at my tv about.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #5
Rookie

Absolutely, even when I'm playing a CFM I complain to my dogs.

"Mr. Barks, do you see this bull****!?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 09:53 AM   #6
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

If there was no internet so there was no 32 man franchises and no sharing of sliders, I think people would have already stopped playing the game lol. (For the CFM players at least, obv MUT wouldn't work either)

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 10-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

If you want to enjoy madden more walk away from the forums. I’m not even kidding. I used to post on sports message boards a lot and I found that once I stopped I started enjoying the sports more because I wasn’t stressed about what troll04003 was saying today, or having to read constant negativity which was effecting my own opinion and mood toward the teams I liked.

So yeah for some people it’s better to just disengage from the online communities that revolve around things you like. That’s not because this is a particularly toxic community, it’s just the nature of message boards.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
I think there's great value in appreciating what we have and remembering the way things were. Hell i first played madden on the Commodore 128 where you only got like 6 teams and none were officially licensed. We've come a long way and I'm grateful.
Operation Sports mobile app
There was a time when I was excited to play this mess:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »