Home

Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #33
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Got a Huge New Patch: Here is How It Is Playing Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Here is the problem. Now how i was raised, if someone tells you one thing but its not actually how they claim, it was called a lie.Maybe others was raised differently than me it seems.

The penalty sliders were said by ea devs that on default ( 50) that they were tuned to replicate how often they are called in real life. That is what we were told.

Here is last years averages of penalties by team, per game :
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...lties-per-game

So lets just take the two least teams in the NFL here, should on average if they played each other have 7 penalties per game, Again this is with the least two averages.

Our league, sim mode, week 1 , of all games played ( not simmed), all stock penalty sliders. The most amount of penalties an any game was 6 . There was only 1 game like that, next most amount is 4. Majority 1-2 and a few with 0 .

http://www.daddyleagues.com/mbc/schedules

Yes , we dont play 15 minute quarters. But we do average about 100 snaps per game which is not far enough off real life numbers that the penalties numbers should be that much lower than real life numbers IF the default settings are really tuned to occur as is average of real life numbers.Bottom line, there is no way to dance around this issue and claim its alright, because its not. All things like this does is add to the reasons, why so many doubt and distrust what they say and promise year in and year out.This is just 1 example, and if EA wants people to be more trusting, maybe tell us the truth from the start.
Considering the game doesn't account for a number of penalties those numbers don't seem that bad. And some ref crews in real life are much more prone to penalties than others.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Here is the problem. Now how i was raised, if someone tells you one thing but its not actually how they claim, it was called a lie.Maybe others was raised differently than me it seems.

The penalty sliders were said by ea devs that on default ( 50) that they were tuned to replicate how often they are called in real life. That is what we were told.

Here is last years averages of penalties by team, per game :
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...lties-per-game

So lets just take the two least teams in the NFL here, should on average if they played each other have 7 penalties per game, Again this is with the least two averages.

Our league, sim mode, week 1 , of all games played ( not simmed), all stock penalty sliders. The most amount of penalties an any game was 6 . There was only 1 game like that, next most amount is 4. Majority 1-2 and a few with 0 .

http://www.daddyleagues.com/mbc/schedules

Yes , we dont play 15 minute quarters. But we do average about 100 snaps per game which is not far enough off real life numbers that the penalties numbers should be that much lower than real life numbers IF the default settings are really tuned to occur as is average of real life numbers.Bottom line, there is no way to dance around this issue and claim its alright, because its not. All things like this does is add to the reasons, why so many doubt and distrust what they say and promise year in and year out.This is just 1 example, and if EA wants people to be more trusting, maybe tell us the truth from the start.
At what point does it become a lie? Does it become a lie in hindsight? Maybe it took them some time to figure why the penalties aren't working. Who knows, really. I've only seen it asked recently.

The penalties were working in 16
Old 10-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #35
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At what point does it become a lie? Does it become a lie in hindsight? Maybe it took them some time to figure why the penalties aren't working. Who knows, really. I've only seen it asked recently.

ok ..............

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...ew-game-styles

"Injuries and penalties occur at a rate on par with real-world NFL statistics and data"

This is talking about simulation mode.

How soon we are willing to forget..... this was pre launch, so seems they must have tested it to make this statement no? i mean im no game dev, but i know how things in a business should work. You dont make claims on things you know are not sure if they work or not.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 10-20-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #36
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeezee
All the penalties work including defensive holding.

Before I did my slider thingy, I got more defensive holding than offensive holding!

We mess the penalties up when we start messing with the sliders. I got mine about right to where I see 1 or 2 defensive holdings a game.

The penalties and attributes are connected. Going too extreme with any of them throws the game off.

Those of you placing DH at 99 are only assuring you will never see one. Leave from 50 to 60.
I have put that slider from 0-99 and there was absolutely no penalty called (DH) I am confident the people who aren't seeing any DH have done the same thing..At one point I thought the sliders might have been reversed or the modes might have gotten mixed up..All other penalty sliders are called more the more you increase them(some more frequent than others)..All I can say is be glad you have found the DH secret..Are you sure you aren't talking about Offensive Holding? Thanks!!
Old 10-20-2017, 01:07 PM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
ok ..............

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...ew-game-styles

"Injuries and penalties occur at a rate on par with real-world NFL statistics and data"

This is talking about simulation mode.

How soon we are willing to forget..... this was pre launch, so seems they must have tested it to make this statement no? i mean im no game dev, but i know how things in a business should work. You dont make claims on things you know are not sure if they work or not.
Sorry, page not found error, but I get the gist of what you are saying, just don't agree on the language.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #38
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I totally agree with you about 16..but at what point does EA actually run through and test the game to make sure the claims and features that they are marketing actually work as they intended. I am sure that someone at EA played the game and said something is off with penalties this year we should be getting the amount we intended in simulation mode but we are not let's fix this before release or soon theerafter to make sure they are working as intended..when you go this far into the cycle and the season without acknowledging it or attempting to fix it I wouldn't say it's a lie but it doesn't back up you claims regarding your features..We have gamechangers and developers working in conjunction a bunch of these problems should not be present or should be fixed asap..I can see how some might not trust EA ,I don't take it serious but some others pay hard earned money for a game due to what EA states the features are..AS EA says if it's in the game it's in the game but in reality it's not. In the end it's a videogame but I can see where alot of people are coming from..It's a yearly pattern that EA has to put to rest.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I totally agree with you about 16..but at what point does EA actually run through and test the game to make sure the claims and features that they are marketing actually work as they intended. I am sure that someone at EA played the game and said something is off with penalties this year we should be getting the amount we intended in simulation mode but we are not let's fix this before release or soon theerafter to make sure they are working as intended..when you go this far into the cycle and the season without acknowledging it or attempting to fix it I wouldn't say it's a lie but it doesn't back up you claims regarding your features..We have gamechangers and developers working in conjunction a bunch of these problems should not be present or should be fixed asap..I can see how some might not trust EA ,I don't take it serious but some others pay hard earned money for a game due to what EA states the features are..AS EA says if it's in the game it's in the game but in reality it's not. In the end it's a videogame but I can see where alot of people are coming from..It's a yearly pattern that EA has to put to rest.
I agree here.

Clint acknowledged the issue last week on Twitter, even said it must be an emphasis.

I don't mind tweaking sliders, I really don't. But the penalty sliders haven't worked for years, it's been tested. What now?

Clint: needs to be an emphasis, no way to sugar coat it. Features on top of features built over years on top of sliders. Start the #SliderMovement

I get it. Penalty sliders are on the same mechanics they've been for a while - which worries me about affect on gameplay as well. I get it.

I have no clue how they test the game, but my thinking is it's not tested much with human vs cpu and more human vs human.

Last edited by roadman; 10-20-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:52 AM   #40
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeezee
All the penalties work including defensive holding.

Before I did my slider thingy, I got more defensive holding than offensive holding!

We mess the penalties up when we start messing with the sliders. I got mine about right to where I see 1 or 2 defensive holdings a game.

The penalties and attributes are connected. Going too extreme with any of them throws the game off.

Those of you placing DH at 99 are only assuring you will never see one. Leave from 50 to 60.
So you are saying, with all penalty sliders at 50, you were seeing defensive holding?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »