Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #225
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

Man are we going to gloss over the fact that the Pancake glitch is still here ...

Still no word on fix yet smh it's really a sore thumb right about now. .I don't want to rush over 100 yds a game because of this glitch we need a fix now EA!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #226
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Man are we going to gloss over the fact that the Pancake glitch is still here ...

Still no word on fix yet smh it's really a sore thumb right about now. .I don't want to rush over 100 yds a game because of this glitch we need a fix now EA!!!
FWIW:

I've played about 10 games with this patch and have yet to see it...

Might be the way my penalties are set up / the roster I'm using / dumb luck / some combination of all or some of the above, but so far, so good...
Old 02-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #227
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
FWIW:

I've played about 10 games with this patch and have yet to see it...

Might be the way my penalties are set up / the roster I'm using / dumb luck / some combination of all or some of the above, but so far, so good...
Indeed. Not everyone is seeing the pancake glitch. I haven't seen it since the day it was first discovered. Saw it once or twice early on and never again. Must have something to do with one of my settings, but until EA pins it down it is anybody's guess.

I'll tell you what isn't cool though. Seeing the pancake glitch happen in games where we have no control over settings. Was watching a QJB Youtube video of him playing some MUT draft or whatever it is called and his opponent pancaked his entire defense on a run inside the RZ. That is disappointing to see it happen in settings the user has no control over. However, maybe that helps pin it down. Because those online settings are all set to slider defaults right?

Last edited by Devaster; 02-01-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:23 PM   #228
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

There’s been overwhelming video evidence of the pancake glitch (I’m talking strictly User offense vs CPU defense) occurring on both systems, and EA has yet to acknowledge the existence of the issue aside from Millennium. For those of you who haven’t experienced the glitch (or don’t realize that it’s happening) that’s awesome, but for us who are, this is a game breaking nuisance. I would love for Rex or Clint to at least acknowledge that it needs fixed like they did with the stuck in the mud glitch.

Heck, I’ve seen it on MrHurriicane’s YouTube videos and he hasn’t noticed it, but it’s led to some big runs.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 02-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #229
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
There’s been overwhelming video evidence of the pancake glitch (I’m talking strictly User offense vs CPU defense) occurring on both systems, and EA has yet to acknowledge the existence of the issue aside from Millennium. For those of you who haven’t experienced the glitch (or don’t realize that it’s happening) that’s awesome, but for us who are, this is a game breaking nuisance. I would love for Rex or Clint to at least acknowledge that it needs fixed like they did with the stuck in the mud glitch.

Heck, I’ve seen it on MrHurriicane’s YouTube videos and he hasn’t noticed it, but it’s led to some big runs.
They did acknowledge it almost a month ago.

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...11885798572034

And as Mills said here, there's nothing more for them to say unless/until they can put a fix in a patch.

I guarantee you they have video evidence now as this has happened in Millennium's stream (twice in one game even) and I have a feeling he recorded it and sent it to the devs right after cutting stream if they needed more evidence.

Last edited by bcruise; 02-01-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #230
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever

Based on that pancake glitch thread EA has obviously acknowledged it and are looking into it. They first need to be able to consistently reproduce the bug before they can start debugging it.

The "stuck in mud" glitch was something everyone was experiencing though.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #231
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I'll tell you what isn't cool though. Seeing the pancake glitch happen in games where we have no control over settings. Was watching a QJB Youtube video of him playing some MUT draft or whatever it is called and his opponent pancaked his entire defense on a run inside the RZ. That is disappointing to see it happen in settings the user has no control over. However, maybe that helps pin it down. Because those online settings are all set to slider defaults right?
I'm pretty sure if it's happening online it's solely because of something the user is doing whether it be defending run heavy formations with pass D personnel or by using pass commit against running plays which is what seems to be causing it while playing the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #232
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm pretty sure if it's happening online it's solely because of something the user is doing whether it be defending run heavy formations with pass D personnel or by using pass commit against running plays which is what seems to be causing it while playing the CPU.
True. I wouldn't put it past online users to come out in dime formations against a run and pass commit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »