Home

Lamar Jacksons M19 Value

This is a discussion on Lamar Jacksons M19 Value within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Lamar Jacksons M19 Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
Honestly, I would put a bet on him not being over 90 at most.

As far as why the ravens would want to move him.. well, if you aren't a big mobile QB type of player, than his value could be nice for someone who is, and that team needs a lot of help cfm wise. In both the sim leagues i've actively participate in, guys like cam and tyrod almost always get traded away. And 9 times out of 10 they always end up being average performers at best. The only difference right now is that lamar is a rookie so he stands a slightly better chance. Honestly though, i don't expect him to be much more than either cam or tyrod have been.. trade bait for a user who thinks speed is more important than accuracy.
We'll see. If I were a betting man I'd take you up on the bet. But I'll say this. EA doesn't have a 40 time for him so they are going to use the eye test, namely, what they call play/on the field speed and judging his tape, he's going to be Blessed in Madden my friend. He'll be the fastest QB in the game. I'm going to say between 92-94 speed.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #18
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Just because someone likes fast QBs doesn't mean they are a cheeser. I drafted an 88 speed 93 thp QB and having that as a fall back is quite nice. If my 1st 2 or 3 reads aren't open I look to take off. I will rarely roll out at the snap unless he sends the house. Also being able to use options effectively and being able to use PA rollout as a run/pass option adds another element to your O. That QB had 4200 pass yards 35 pass TDs, 550 rush yards and another 8 rush TDs as a rookie. And those players are extremely rare in CFM drafts...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #19
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Just because someone likes fast QBs doesn't mean they are a cheeser. I drafted an 88 speed 93 thp QB and having that as a fall back is quite nice. If my 1st 2 or 3 reads aren't open I look to take off. I will rarely roll out at the snap unless he sends the house. Also being able to use options effectively and being able to use PA rollout as a run/pass option adds another element to your O. That QB had 4200 pass yards 35 pass TDs, 550 rush yards and another 8 rush TDs as a rookie. And those players are extremely rare in CFM drafts...

I would agree with you, if madden wasn't so broken. There is a reason many sim leagues are pretty strict about how you use a mobile qb. The problem is...

1. RPO's don't exist in madden
2. Read option doesn't function properly, and sometimes not at all
3. AI Defenders don't react to running qb's

As of right now, a mobile qb is good for 1 thing in madden(minus the cesspool that is mut and h2h), and that's taking off and picking up 10-15 yards because defenders won't come after you until you pass the LOS.

Don't get me wrong though. It would be great if mobility and read options/rpo's were a functional part of the game, but right now, they just aren't. Most of the time you see these guys shine late in games when you're running 4 verts and taking off with the qb once the defense clears out. Guys who play like that don't tend to be around in the leagues very long however.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #20
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
I would agree with you, if madden wasn't so broken. There is a reason many sim leagues are pretty strict about how you use a mobile qb. The problem is...

1. RPO's don't exist in madden
2. Read option doesn't function properly, and sometimes not at all
3. AI Defenders don't react to running qb's

As of right now, a mobile qb is good for 1 thing in madden(minus the cesspool that is mut and h2h), and that's taking off and picking up 10-15 yards because defenders won't come after you until you pass the LOS.

Don't get me wrong though. It would be great if mobility and read options/rpo's were a functional part of the game, but right now, they just aren't. Most of the time you see these guys shine late in games when you're running 4 verts and taking off with the qb once the defense clears out. Guys who play like that don't tend to be around in the leagues very long however.
There are more tools now to stop them though. L3 is so underused yet effective. As long as the closest defender isnt the CB running with the WR down field. And if you have a spy he is the one who collapses on the QB.

-M. Shadows
Old 06-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #21
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Also I think RPOs will be in Madden. EA is pretty good about adding the new NFL fad when it comes to play. The Wildcat was in Madden the year after the Dolphins 1st ran it, and the option was put in almost immediately after it became popular...

-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
There are more tools now to stop them though. L3 is so underused yet effective. As long as the closest defender isnt the CB running with the WR down field. And if you have a spy he is the one who collapses on the QB.

100%. I love H2H and playing a mobile QB, because almost all guys have no expectation for a Spy and THEN when you send him? LOL They crap all over themselves. It's hilarious to watch.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #23
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree that rpo's are likely coming very soon, if not this year. Honestly though, we shouldn't need another button to press, on top of trying to cover every broken route the safeties can't cover, to tell a lb with no one around them to go after the qb. or for a a spy to attack a qb that is rolling out of the pocket. That stuff should be automatic. I've got enough to focus on with my player as is.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:51 PM   #24
MVP

So long as the offense has the ability to play-maker I don't ever want a zone automatically attacking the QB. Your entire offense could be built around manipulating zones by rolling out and then hitting a play-makered hitch in the space which they vacated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »