Home

Buying or Not Buying?

This is a discussion on Buying or Not Buying? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #457
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Buying or Not Buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
Armor, are you still in the no buy category or have you seen anything in the last few weeks that has swayed you to think about purchasing day one?
Thanks to Steve I was able to play the Beta....and I am currently helping prepping draft classes for ITeachpercussion's Classic Roster Project for Madden 19.

So you can say......I may be buying. And Percussions classic roster project with draft classes is a major major reason, but playing the Beta also gave me some hope on the gameplay front and Franchise enhancements.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #458
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
The sprint button has come a long way. It used to be something to use all the time. In the past few years it seems to become more and more of an "open field only" type thing. It's almost like a move (juke, spin , etc). You only use it in certain situations that suit it. Before, it was a thing where you might as well hold it from the start.
Exactly and Clint has went into depth about this as well. Alot of the moves you can't pull off while holding sprint which is very cool imo. Like you were saying picking your moments. It adds more strategy to running the ball.

Playing:
Old 07-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 2

Love what I'm hearing about RPM , but I am waiting until I see if all of these glorious custom draft classes are going to be stuck without audio matches.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:44 PM   #460
MVP

OVR: 1

The more I watch and read, the more I just think the game needs a complete overhaul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-25-2018, 12:53 AM   #461
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Im leaning towards not buying again but will wait to play it on EA Access before making a final decision. I'm waiting on them to overhaul the offensive and defensive line play and player movement especially Qb movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 02:15 AM   #462
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
The more I watch and read, the more I just think the game needs a complete overhaul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
The closest you're gonna get to an overhaul is RPM this year and the hopeful refinement of it as the years go on.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:17 AM   #463
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Sadly, this will be the first time in 23 years I am not purchasing. First one was '96 for the SNES and I have been a day one purchaser every year since. I play madden, NHL, the show, NBA 2k and FIFA every year. I point this out to strengthen my next point that all I play on every sports game I purchase is franchise, dynasty, gm career, whatever you want to call it.

Unfortunately this is the first year I have finally excepted that even with the improvements in franchise finally (albeit small). EA just does not care about offline single player guys like me anymore. And that is okay. It is their company and that is their right. I just can't justify spending $65 bucks for a game I am going to be burnt out on in 4 weeks.

May pick up used down the line but def won't be a day one purchase for the first time in a long time
i hear you...thank goodness for the ones who will edit madden 18 with up-to-date rosters so we can still enjoy madden this year until we decide to pick it up on sale or something. i used to ask for the new madden for my birthday (9/1) every year but that is no longer the case. the attention to ultimate team is ridiculous. it seems to the point where new features and modes are abandoned to keep the money flowing. i get it, but it's sad.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:43 AM   #464
Banned

This game is garbage and only PC can save it. If you don't have a gaming PC, don't buy this garbage. Save money and buy alcohol or use it to get NFL Sunday ticket

EA sucks as usual, garbage company

Save $60 folks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »