Home

7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

This is a discussion on 7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #41
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackBucks
One good year from Gurley and now hes as 99 is funny.

thats Aaron Donald not Todd Gurley
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 11:23 PM   #42
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't have a problem with the 7 players. I just hope that the rest of the league is spread out.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:32 PM   #43
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
:Facepalm:

Seven freaking 99 OVR's?

Brady - At best I'd give him a 96, he is a Top 3 QB of ALL-TIME, but the fact of the matter is he's not that guy anymore and is supplemented by an even BETTER coach. Any player in talks of retirement shouldn't be a 99, seriously.

Rodgers - One of the best arms and most clutch in the game, but even he has had his downfalls. We aren't talking Payton in his prime, Montana, Unitas, Farve, Marino, it's insulting to those guys to give Rodgers a 99 OVR.

Gronk - This is so pathetic I can't even comment on it.

Brown - Moss, Rice, Owens...Brown? Yeah freaking right...again, insulting to those guys to put Antonio Brown at their OVR.

Donald - Probably the player I have the least problem with, but again, he shouldn't be a 99 OVR. This is no Mean Joe Greene, Bob Lilly, or Merlin Olsen...I'd put him maybe around Warren Sapp territory...a 96/97 OVR in the prime he's in.

Miller - Almost as bad as Gronk...this is just insulting.

Kuechly - Underrated in the eyes of household names, but not a 99 OVR.

I'm sick just looking at this.
Rodgers is the true GOAT. There has not been a better QB in the history of the nfl than Rodgers. That's a fact.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-28-2018, 12:01 AM   #44
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Rodgers is the true GOAT. There has not been a better QB in the history of the nfl than Rodgers. That's a fact.

I don't want to get into an argument about GOAT's but Rodgers is an amazing talent who any given year gives his team a chance to win but I would argue there isn't a player that has done more with less each year than Tom Brady. I'm not saying he's the GOAT but there is an argument to be made for him. Rodgers is going to the HOF that's for sure. But I don't think I would even put him ahead of Favre yet.

Okay I'm gonna run from angry Packer fans now.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:07 AM   #45
Rookie

J.Cole's Arena

My biggest deal isn't even this it's Wentz only being rated an 85

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 12:11 AM   #46
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Cole
My biggest deal isn't even this it's Wentz only being rated an 85

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
I thought about that too, I'm not an Eagles fan, probably the furthest thing from it but Wentz is a very good player. I was surprised by his rating, if I'm not mistaken he's a star or superstar. My thing would really be that he needs to prove he's as good as he looked. Derek Carr was having an MVP season the year before and he got injured and had an average to above average year. I believe his rating this year will reflect that.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:14 AM   #47
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I don't want to get into an argument about GOAT's but Rodgers is an amazing talent who any given year gives his team a chance to win but I would argue there isn't a player that has done more with less each year than Tom Brady. I'm not saying he's the GOAT but there is an argument to be made for him. Rodgers is going to the HOF that's for sure. But I don't think I would even put him ahead of Favre yet.

Okay I'm gonna run from angry Packer fans now.
Brady would be working a 9-5, married to a random fat chick, living in a mobile home park, worrying if the power will be shut off every month if it werent for BB. He made him not the other way around. Anyone can succeed in that system, matt cassell anyone? BB is 16-5 without Brady. Also Rodgers hasn't had a top 10 D since 2010 and only twice in his career. Brady has one almost every year. Let us not forget he should also be 2-5 in SBs. He shouldn't have even went to it 01, because you know Tuckgate. Then you have the Seahawks and Falcons both being incredibly short bus level stupid. He also has a kicker to thank for the other 2.

/end rant

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-28-2018, 12:23 AM   #48
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Brady would be working a 9-5, married to a random fat chick, living in a mobile home park, worrying if the power will be shut off every month if it werent for BB. He made him not the other way around. Anyone can succeed in that system, matt cassell anyone? BB is 16-5 without Brady. Also Rodgers hasn't had a top 10 D since 2010 and only twice in his career. Brady has one almost every year. Let us not forget he should also be 2-5 in SBs. He shouldn't have even went to it 01, because you know Tuckgate. Then you have the Seahawks and Falcons both being incredibly short bus level stupid. He also has a kicker to thank for the other 2.

/end rant

I'll give you all of that, I mean I completely disagree. But I absolutely respect the opinion. I would point out that Brady is more than a system qb, just about anyone that has played with him acknowledges his work ethic being beyond expectations. Also, even guys with amazing talent (Jeff George anyone) can fall short without a good coach or good head on their shoulders.

Make no mistake, I am not saying that Rodgers isn't an amazing talent, he is and was going back to college. Watching him at Cal, I thought he was the best QB going into the draft and it wasn't even close.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »