Home

Madden 19 Interview by SGO with Dustin Smith on Mouthpieces, Tattoos, equipment etc..

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Interview by SGO with Dustin Smith on Mouthpieces, Tattoos, equipment etc.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #41
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 19 Interview by SGO with Dustin Smith on Mouthpieces, Tattoos, equipment e

Another EA game does have mouthpieces though...EA NHL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #42
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden 19 Interview by SGO with Dustin Smith on Mouthpieces, Tattoos, equipment e

2K and WWE are also getting sued over Randy Orton's tattoos right now as well. As was mentioned, EA has already been sued over them. I want them too but I'm sure EA doesn't want to go down that rabbit hole at this point.

This isn't an excuse, this is the reality of the situation.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:40 PM   #43
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I understand the tough position Dustin is in and even though I wish the stuff was in I understand that (as I think not to directly speak for him) that it's more the upper management that scoff or shoot down a lot of these things as trivial no need things. That's why I'm pleased to see nfl players complain about these subtle things so that it'll be more of a priority imo. I work for a roadway and ppl see me in uniform and do nothing but complain about potholes. I want to fix the potholes right and get overtime not only for other ppl but I travel the road as well. But my management doesn't deem it necessary so we fill it with bad material so it's like putting a band aide on a bullet wound. You can even see how far Madden went not to have any pics of their cover guy wearing the helmet because it looks weird without the mouthpiece. I have hope next year a lot of these things will be checked off
Old 07-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
1 - NBA 2K is a different tech than Madden.

2 - NBA players' faces are much more visible than NFL players, meaning any facial likeness features are much higher priority.

It's not a matter of can-do or can't-do; Tiburon absolutely can do it. It's a matter of what gets you the most bang for buck when you're the development director deciding which tasks are must-haves and nice-to-haves in a given dev cycle. Mouthpieces (and other facial customization features) clearly haven't been very high on the totem pole at Tiburon for a while, so we get other things added to the game instead.

So faces aren't a priority in Madden so mouthpieces aren't in Madden. But faces are important enough to scan in?
Old 07-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #45
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Another EA game does have mouthpieces though...EA NHL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

Hell, even NBA Live does. In fact, it animates from inside Steph Curry's mouth, to outside, and back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #46
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
2K and WWE are also getting sued over Randy Orton's tattoos right now as well. As was mentioned, EA has already been sued over them. I want them too but I'm sure EA doesn't want to go down that rabbit hole at this point.

Then place some generic ones on the players. (And let us add them to players, while you're at it.)

NBA Live 17 & 18 had tattoos from a tattoo artist that you could apply to your create-a-player. It doesn't need to be a high-profile (i.e., high-priced) tattoo artist. Just get some tattoo art that looks realistic on digital skin.

And I'm not even one of the folks screaming for tattoos... I just don't understand why all of these little details are so daunting/insurmountable for EA.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Then place some generic ones on the players. (And let us add them to players, while you're at it.)

NBA Live 17 & 18 had tattoos from a tattoo artist that you could apply to your create-a-player. It doesn't need to be a high-profile (i.e., high-priced) tattoo artist. Just get some tattoo art that looks realistic on digital skin.

And I'm not even one of the folks screaming for tattoos... I just don't understand why all of these little details are so daunting/insurmountable for EA.
LeBron's and Bledsoe's tattoo artist are suing 2k at the moment for their generic look a like tattoos.

So, even the realistic generic looking tattoos are becoming trouble in the courts.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #48
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

He literally gave away EA's attitude on Madden. He said in the video, if things are easy we more than likely get them in. The harder things have to wait for the "future". We have been hearing that for how many years now??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »