Home

T4VERTS Interview with Clint Oldenburg

This is a discussion on T4VERTS Interview with Clint Oldenburg within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2018, 12:58 AM   #89
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: T4VERTS Interview with Clint Oldenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
But, honestly, as a sim guy, when Clint or other madden devs say, ‘it wouldn’t be fun,’ it kills me, because if I saw the snap shoot over my QBs head, I would instantly be like, ‘omg!!! Holy ! The ball just sailed over his head!!! Awesome!!!’ Lol

But, I totally understand not everyone thinking that way.

Same here.

And if I did run into that proverbial game with 4 bad snaps, I would probably get made, release my center or LS, and then play 3 more games to crush the daylight out of the CPU.

As getting bored with the lack of variety and "little things" like I do now.

Look at MLB the Show, and how many slider sets INCREASE errors values to produce more errors, despite the fact they are mostly random and can happen to the player just as much as the AI.

What is not fun is a "competitive" football game "transcending" the NFL by virtue of reducing variety in play execution and outcomes.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:43 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I'm no programmer , last time I wrote anything for a computer was using punch cards for a computer the size of an average house , back in the early 80s , but even I could manage a do loop saying something like " was the last play a bad snap ? If yes go to X , if no go to Y " it IS that easy if you want it that black and white
If we end up turning off bad snaps after a single occurrence then would the difference between a good LS and a poor one even be perceptible or do we end up with another rating that doesn't actually matter on the field?
Old 07-29-2018, 08:27 AM   #91
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
If we end up turning off bad snaps after a single occurrence then would the difference between a good LS and a poor one even be perceptible or do we end up with another rating that doesn't actually matter on the field?
I think now your just clutching at straws to be frank , imaging obstacles that in reality don't exist , I think it's perfectly within EAs capabilities to implement this successfully without safeguards
But bigger picture it's unlikely to be done in the foreseeable future , as even most of those advocating it don't see it as a priority , let's have a real injury system etc first
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #92
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He did mention PI might be called more in the game and that was a bit of a surprise for me. I think he said if you hit the hit stick mechanic or if a defender get's there before the ball, the dice rolls might point more to PI.

We shall see.

This is consistent with a theme from LY. I play no switch and switch. If you play switch and mis-play the ball (play receiver vs play ball) you will trigger a DPI. In the no switch context this generally shows up if and only if your DM is undisciplined. But since that’s often one of the first things upgraded, it would be easy to miss DPI or remove it from the game if you play no switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #93
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
This is consistent with a theme from LY. I play no switch and switch. If you play switch and mis-play the ball (play receiver vs play ball) you will trigger a DPI. In the no switch context this generally shows up if and only if your DM is undisciplined. But since that’s often one of the first things upgraded, it would be easy to miss DPI or remove it from the game if you play no switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see what you are saying man..I am one of those cats that like to play no switch and let true ratings play out..I guess in 16 DPI and DH were played out according to traits and ratings so you didnt neccessarily have to switch..it has gotten away from that but its cool..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »