Home

Anyone find any semblance of a running game yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone find any semblance of a running game yet? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #49
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone find any semblance of a running game yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
What are the ballhawk issues?

Not saying that there are issues with ballhawk. What I AM saying is this....

In past Madden games, turning on ballhawk has enhanced defensive pursuit and reactions across the board. Turning it 'off' MAY tone things down a bit for those areas...

I will know more next week once I can play the full version of the game....I'm just speculating right now based on what I know from past versions of the game and from testing some stuff out during the M19 Beta.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxg09
I just submitted this in the bug thread. For those who are having issues running, turn the game speed to normal. On slow or very slow, there is a hitch in the handoff that causes the rb to lose all acceleration when they get the ball. Even if you mash sprint, by the time you get to the hole, you'll either get caught by the backside pursuit or have a block shed lineman waiting for you.

This is an issue for me on pc, all game difficulties. Changing to normal speed, which I'm not a fan of, is the only way I can have any type of run game.

At normal speed, everything works as it should.
Interesting. I had posted gameplay from SimFBall Critic yesterday and noticed the running game and run animations looked decent. I also remarked that game speed looked quicker overall so it certainly could be related. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #51
Rookie

Yeah, it s night and day for me when I switched speed to normal. I used the saints and went from 1.5 yards per carry to about 4+ just because I wasnt getting tagged behind the line on every other carry.

I need to go back and test this, but I also think that on slow and very slow, almost every movement on the stick leads to a cut when you aren't using sprint. So you just end up making right angles until someone knockes you senseless. On normal speed, Ingram ran well and swerved on small directional changes, making it possible to navigate tight spaces in the hole.

I love the speed of very slow but will have to wait to use it. Right now, for me, it's too glitchy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Not saying that there are issues with ballhawk. What I AM saying is this....

In past Madden games, turning on ballhawk has enhanced defensive pursuit and reactions across the board. Turning it 'off' MAY tone things down a bit for those areas...

I will know more next week once I can play the full version of the game....I'm just speculating right now based on what I know from past versions of the game and from testing some stuff out during the M19 Beta.
The main takeaway from Josh's comments, coming from an old man who has spent an embarrassing amount of time testing sliders, is that changing a slider or a setting usually results in altering the game in other areas. I have seen this occur countless times. Sometimes for the better, while at other times for the worse. This is also the primary reason why I only adjust individual slider difficulty settings on the user side, while leaving the CPU on default. I also keep all in game assists off, except for switch assist.

Sorry if I went a bit off topic, but a few tweaks and slider adjustments may help both CPU and User running game. For instance, when I defeated my user tackle slider to 35 in Madden 17, the CPU backs ran much more realistically, effectively and implemented 'special moves' appropriately. Only time and testing will tell if this will still be the case with a new game engine and mechanic in M19.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:10 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah. I’m actually enjoying the new rpm feel, but one thing that’s a little off - Clint said when u sprint, u swerve, when u just run (just using the left stick), u make more precise cuts. There’s a small problem with that, sometimes u do NOT want to cut. I’ve had a few times when im sort of trying to shimmy through a hole or maneuvering, in general (maybe a little left, right, left on the stick) and my player cuts, cuts, and cuts. Each one of those cuts is slower than a simple step, and ultimately, I get tackled quickly. I think holding the RB or LT buttons might alter that running. But, sometimes, you’re not thinking to press the button to make that small of a change. U just want the player to move a little, but instead u get a big cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that breakdown. I was worried about that. I was hoping that the sharpness of the vertical part of the 'cut' would be in direct response to how far you move the left stick to the side. Maybe if you try to aiming the left stick to 10 or 2 O'Clock that might make a difference?? Thanks again for bringing this to light. Appreciate it.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #54
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

Wow, the running animations are weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #55
Rookie

I’m having a hard time right now.

First game, All-Pro default sliders using McCaffrey
19 carries for 20 yards

Second game, All-Madden moved run block to 60 still using McCaffrey
15 carries for 20 yards

Last edited by Ryon24; 08-02-2018 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #56
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

I played three games so far, two with the Cowboys one with the Falcons, two on All Pro and one game on All Madden, Play Now default sliders. Blew the cpu out in all three games and ran for over 100 in all three games.

Sent from my [Honor 6X] using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »