Home

How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #401
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsias nice
How much did you end up paying Zeke? I signed him to a 7 year extension in the final year of his rookie deal, so the whole thing was 8 years, $64.5M ($22.5M bonus).

Right about the same if I remember right. Mine may have only been 5, i can’t check right now. I posted it in here pages ago lol. If I recall it worked out to like $12.4m per year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #402
Rookie

I never posted in one of these type of threads before, but I thought I’d share my franchise to get some thoughts and ideas.

I am doing a 32 team control again this year. I have found the most enjoyment out of doing it this way. I simulated the first year with opening day rosters. Turned injuries off and set everything to manual so the rosters would stay exactly the same. I am currently in the off-season resigning period. I am making everyone on the roster, including practice squad, to either punter or kicker. Then, I am releasing everyone on every team. I will be starting a “new league” with the current FAs that are not on teams.

I found it best to do it this way, because there are not enough FAs to sign to every team without a draft class. I am really excited to have another fictional franchise like the one I had on 18. Doing it this way will also make it easier with not having to rename everyone.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Right about the same if I remember right. Mine may have only been 5, i can’t check right now. I posted it in here pages ago lol. If I recall it worked out to like $12.4m per year

found it: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=298

5 year / $59M ($11.8M/year), not bad.

I was thrilled to get him at $8.1M/year, I guess he wanted more years and accepted less money. I was worried about committing $22.5M in bonus money. But I figured that if I do end up trading him or cutting him it will be within the final 2 years of the deal, when the dead cap hit would be about $6.4M or about $3.2M.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #404
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Took a bit of a break from my Panthers CFM, back now starting year 2.

After the offseason and preseason the 2019 Carolina Panthers look like this:
QB Cam Newton, Jake Browning (late round steal at 75 OVR)
RB CMC, CJ Anderson, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Ivory
FB Alex Armah
WR Jordy Nelson, DJ Moore, Torrey Smith, Brandon Marshall, Jarius Wright, Curtis Samuel.
TE Greg Olsen, Will Tye, Ian Thomas

LT Matt Kalil, Blaine Clausell
LG Beau Benzschawel, Dorian Johnson
C Tyler Larson, Luke Bowanko
RG Trai Turner, Tayler Hearn
RT Daryl Williams, Taylor Moton

LE Chris Long, Bryan Cox
RE Mario Addison, Daeshon Hall
DT Kawann Short, Dontari Poe, Mitch Unrein, Vernon Butler
LOLB Shaq Thompson, Lorenzo Mauldin
MLB Luke Kuechly, Wesley Woodyard, Vincent Ray
ROLB Terrel Suggs, Brennan Scarlett
CB James Bradberry, TJ Carrie, Kevon Seymour, Ross Cockrell, Donte Jackson, Daryl Worley
FS Earl Thomas, Anthony Harris
SS Quandre Diggs, Ron Parker

K Gano
P Palardy.

Are the 2019 Panthers better then last year’s roster? Likely not. Probably about the same at best. Losing several starting key veterans to retirement at once caught the Carolina front office off guard and left them scrambling for replacements along with trying to fill other holes.

Panthers will open the new season on the road vs the Buccaneers as they look to rebound from a late season collapse where they dropped the last 4 straight to lose the division to Atlanta and fall out of the postseason picture entirely due to a crushing late season injury to Cam Newton. This time Carolina comes prepared with a viable backup QB option in rookie Jake Browning.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #405
Rookie

Another idea I thought about for the franchise...

All players can play up to 4 years on rookie deal, and cannot be resigned by original team. That way those players become FAs and everyone gets a chance to “recruit” them. Sort of like “junior college” players. Then the draft serves as another “recruitment” of rookies. Sorta thought it would give that “college” feel. I don’t know, maybe I’m just talking out of my a**.

What are your thoughts?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 11:23 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 1

I decided to start up a Texans franchise, got several games into the regular season when I realized that I hadn't loaded the right sliders.

Started with the Texans again from scratch, and managed to beat the Patriots 30-27 in week one, despite Deshaun Watson going down with a torn shoulder.

I only play offense, and use Playmaker's pro sliders and his house rules about practice.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:45 AM   #407
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

Currently 4-4 with the Browns.
Baker Mayfield has taken over, as Tyrod was horrible. Mayfield is only playing slightly better. My O line is not good, so I take a lot and has to play dink and dunk.

My defense has stepped up though, so a lot of my games are low scoring.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #408
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

2-2 with Chargers. Won first two, lost next two. Had to boost run blocking to 60 just to have an average run game. The other teams are always way faster than mine. No way I'm taking anything to the house when in space. Injuries to my OL, using backup RT and LG and get sacked often.18 sacks in 4 games.
This game needs some more patches, some things just won't get better with just sliders

Last edited by Rayzaa; 09-18-2018 at 07:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »