Home

How do you play Madden franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you play Madden franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How do you play Madden franchise?

I play coach mode. I set my scheme at the beginning of the season. I handle scouting and training (coach mode as well for realism) then during the game I let my coordinators handle the play calling based on suggestions strategy play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

I sim pre-season but play all other games regular and playoffs (if i make it!). Thats on 15min quarters .. acc to 20 seconds.

As someone who has played every game of a season(s) in MLB games.. MVP and MLB The Show... every game of season(s) in NBA 2K games and every game of every season(s) in NHL games... a 16 game season in Madden is lovely in comparison!

An hour tops per game, I can crack out 2 a day if im lucky.... thats say 1 week for a season, where as MLB, NBA or NHL could easily be months before I complete a season!

So Madden is less tiring in that sense
Old 08-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

It's kind of just whatever I feel like doing. Typically I play about 10 of the games in a season. I for sure play all division games, sometimes I'll do just the offense in others. Obviously playoffs or super bowl I play the whole thing. I am more likely to play a home game than an away game.

If my season is decided, I do play the moments for the remaining games, since they no longer matter. For example, if playoffs are locked, playoffs/home field, or playoffs but no way to get home field, or even eliminated from contention. At that point I burn through the season and move on.

It can take me months to get through a season. I have a lot of time right now, but typically I can only play 1-2 days in a week for a couple hours, and I prefer to play NCAA 14. I get every other madden, and by the time Madden 21 comes out I'll probably only be 5-6 seasons into my M19 franchise.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #20
MVP

I find "Play The Moments" work really well for me. In Madden 18, I got to the 2021 season doing this.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Haven't started this year but the last few years, I used 15-min quarters with accelerated clock. I hate playing 5-min because then I end up dominating the team defense categories and never even sniff the top 10 in offense. Plus, I rarely have anyone under consideration for awards. To speed up games (and seasons), I would alternate between supersimming and playing drives. That keeps me engaged but cuts play time in half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #22
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I play every game unless I'm eliminated from the playoff race; then I sim the rest of my games.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #23
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Didn't play franchise last year, digging into it this year though. Currently 2-2 using Charter's sliders. Havnt played in a few days though because last game was a heartbreaker.

Up 28-10 on the Bills going into the half. They tied it 28-28 with 30 seconds left after completing the 2 point conversion. I received the ball to start OT, drove down to the 10 only to have Rodgers fumble on sack. Bills then scored a TD and won.

Anyways, I usually view it as my fantasy universe and just let whatever happens, happen. I make trades, let the cpu make trades, and dont really play with any house rules. So far i've been playing full games. I like the idea of looking at my players season stats and knowing I completed every pass, made every tackle, and gained every yard.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #24
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skives
Im looking for different ways people play offline franchise in a way to speed it up and make it feel realistic? Like do you sim a quarter or half then play like the second half or what do you do?

I usually do play the moments for most regular season games and sim some of the games I know I have a good chance of winning. I probably only play about 3-4 full games during regular season. This way I usually have more realistic stats at end of season as well. I will play playoff games with full experience. No simming. Sometimes if I get deep into playoffs I will invite my other user name into the league so I can take control of another playoff team as an owner so I can actually watch another playoff game. This way it doesn’t effect who their coach is if you take over as owner. I usually do this for the conference championships. Makes it a little more interesting to see it play out rather than the rolling of the dice and leaving it up to cpu simming results. Then I just retire that owner before the season ends and that team will just go back to its original owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Cato06; 08-17-2018 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »