Home

Madden 19 : yea or nay

This is a discussion on Madden 19 : yea or nay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 19 : yea or nay

I just got this game today for $40 but after reading through this thread and watching a few review videos, I’m leaning towards returning it. I’ve bought Madden every year since 93 so this will be the first time where I’m going without a football video game and I actually don’t feel that bad about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #82
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

As someone who hasn't enjoyed Madden in a very long time I would say "yea". I take sports video games for what they are. There are definitely issues.. and you will always have stat abnormalities, but overall I am having a blast playing this year. Just beat Minnesota, 24-21 with the Cardinals in my CFM and it was a nail biting game. The CPU HB's juke and spin too much, but Cook ran for 105 yards on me. Just a fun, all around game and that's all I ask for.

I play on AP defaults and each game has its own story. Sure, I throw way too many INT's and seem to have a much better defense than the real Cardinals but that's what I like to see in a video game, some difference from the norm. If I wanted realistic stats, I play FOF.. but the game is absolutely beautiful and most of it plays a decent game of console football.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 PM   #83
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
As someone who hasn't enjoyed Madden in a very long time I would say "yea". I take sports video games for what they are. There are definitely issues.. and you will always have stat abnormalities, but overall I am having a blast playing this year. Just beat Minnesota, 24-21 with the Cardinals in my CFM and it was a nail biting game. The CPU HB's juke and spin too much, but Cook ran for 105 yards on me. Just a fun, all around game and that's all I ask for.

I play on AP defaults and each game has its own story. Sure, I throw way too many INT's and seem to have a much better defense than the real Cardinals but that's what I like to see in a video game, some difference from the norm. If I wanted realistic stats, I play FOF.. but the game is absolutely beautiful and most of it plays a decent game of console football.
I feel the same way. 19 is proving to be a lot of fun for me on AP default with iMac's roster.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51shergie
You say this while, im guessing, Continuing to wear out your controller on a daily basis. Am I right? So you don’t play the game anymore? Because if you do that means you give it a Yay, not a nay. Clearly the positives outweigh the negative if you continue play the game.

I think that the people who are in charge of making this game and the developers to listen to opinions of some while clearly not others put people like you into the basket of opinions not to listen to. Because the passion and emotion you may complain with, if it still cannot deter you from playing the game year after year then there is no reason to make changes that Will not affect whether or not you play the game, and that you will probably complain about anyway. It would have been better if you were so compelled to list your complaints, to list them all, skip a few spaces, and then write:

After all that I play daily so I give it a Yay.

Also, you are very entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to my opinion about your opinion. But you are not entitled to your opinion about my opinion about your opinion, because that’s just too many opinions, entitled’s, and about’s.

Just kidding, fire away.

In madden ‘92, The year before they started including the year on the title and it was just simply called Madden, I had 32 sheets of graph paper for each team to write down the statistics for every player so that I could create my own season and statistics. There was no season and the players did not have names but instead had just numbers. I think #4 led the league in passing that year.

I’m still waiting on the post patch for that. Maybe i should create a thread.
Me too, lol.

I remember putting in so much time with Madden 92 and 93. The computer was so horrific, that I made personal rules for me, to make it harder. Like have to punt on 3rd down and starting drives from the 10!
Old 09-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yeah, its pretty obvious they didnt do anything (wink, lol).
Maddens franchise/GM mode is LIGHT YEARS behind MLB the Show, NBA2K and NHL's franchise modes.....EA throws us some trinkets like "Pop up keyboard" or "Harder to upgrade speed attribute when upgrading players" and we all jump for joy.........It's pretty much the same franchise mode with some small additional trinkets......

They need a true overhaul of franchise mode.........

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 08:01 AM   #86
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
Maddens franchise/GM mode is LIGHT YEARS behind MLB the Show, NBA2K and NHL's franchise modes.....EA throws us some trinkets like "Pop up keyboard" or "Harder to upgrade speed attribute when upgrading players" and we all jump for joy.........It's pretty much the same franchise mode with some small additional trinkets......

They need a true overhaul of franchise mode.........

That wasnt the point of the post. I think Franchise mode is just fine for me, not to busy like those other games. I dont buy the game for the modes, I buy the game for the gameplay. That needs a major overhaul over anything else.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 09-28-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
That wasnt the point of the post. I think Franchise mode is just fine for me, not to busy like those other games. I dont buy the game for the modes, I buy the game for the gameplay.
I was just replying to a person that said EA made significant changes to Franchise mode, which is not true at all in comparison to other sports titles. The gameplay isn't very good as well. Its "Playable" at times but the computer AI for the human is severely lacking (I.E. I'm running cover 4 on 3rd and long and my deep safeties just stands there and let the deep routes go right past them or my underneath coverage isn't dropping deep enough, they love to cover air lol).

The coding logic of the gameplay is terrible. Go and play NBA2K and check out the CPU AI's logic on screen and rolls or trap defense. It's in a whole other hemisphere in comparison to Madden. They actually CODE the players to do what the play intended, not just stand there and let a slot WR run past them in a cover 4 deep zone.......

About 3 weeks ago I got invited to an online league with 4 other ppl.....needless to say 3 weeks later NOBODY is even checking on that league since NHL, NBA2k and other non sports titles have come out. I play my offline solo franchi mode once or twice a week with the Giants(I had to make a TON of roster/ratings edits, player ratings are WAY too high in madden, the 3rd or 4th WR for every team shouldn't be rated in the high 70's low 80's....backup Right Guards shouldn't be overall 79's smh.......I had to tune down/up some sliders, and create a playbook just to make the game "Playable") and if the bug franchise everyone is talking about is true(the bug where you can only play 5yrs of franchise then the game freezes when you load it) that's even more indicative of how poorly this game was created.

SimFball critic had an excellent podcast last night talking about is madden 19 at its worst and where is madden heading into the future compared to other sports titles and gaming titles in general. He even had a gaming Dev on and a guy who used to be a dev for EA/Madden.

They've fired 2 creative directors in less than 2 yrs, they've had shootings and deaths at their events, cyberbullying and threats by user to user online and even the MUT community is talking about the glitch/bugs in the game. All while MLB,FIFA,NHL and the gorilla in the room NBA2K are thriving. Ppl are shelving Madden earlier and earlier as the years progress (which is why they released the game earlier this year)

We'll see what the future holds.....but right now there is absolutely no buzz talk about madden 1 month later but I GUARANTEE there will still be buzz talk about NHL,MLB,FiFA and NBA2K ALL THE WAY up until their next released next year.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #88
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Can anyone confirm or deny the fact franchise mode basically crashes after year five? Was watching MrHurricane on the Tube and he mentioned that in his latest video.

How on God's green earth can a game even exist with a problem like that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »