Home

I'm convinced that RPM only works for user controlled players

This is a discussion on I'm convinced that RPM only works for user controlled players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: I'm convinced that RPM only works for user controlled players

I think this "new" animation system has negatively affected the cpu QB's and RB's especially. It seems like they are always making unnecessary pivots in backfield or open field resulting in lost yardage or lost opportunities. Yesterday I was playing against Baker Mayfield and he had a chance to run for an easy 1st down. He gets 5 yards past the LOS with no one around him and then he starts doing these crazy pivots which result in him basically running back towards the LOS and a lost chance at a 1st.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #10
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I'm convinced that RPM only works for user controlled players

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I think this "new" animation system has negatively affected the cpu QB's and RB's especially. It seems like they are always making unnecessary pivots in backfield or open field resulting in lost yardage or lost opportunities. Yesterday I was playing against Baker Mayfield and he had a chance to run for an easy 1st down. He gets 5 yards past the LOS with no one around him and then he starts doing these crazy pivots which result in him basically running back towards the LOS and a lost chance at a 1st.
This is where you can see they just build on old code. Last year these were the little twitchy moves the AI used to get just out of your pursuit angle. Now it results in an exaggerated cut and now it recalculates again and does another cut since the logic has avoid defenders>get yards. I've seen the AI not get a first down or score on more plays than ever because instead of running straight past the marker or into the endzone, they "sense" a defender and hard cut 90 degrees, stop, and then get tackled short

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »