Home

So, who's found the best way to play All-Pro

This is a discussion on So, who's found the best way to play All-Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
So, who's found the best way to play All-Pro

I'm abandoning All-Madden. It's just too wonky and poorly designed to play it this year. The conflicts with RPM and Scripting make the game look absolutely nothing like football. That being said, I've heard some good things about All-Pro; however, I played 1 season on All-Pro with a 77 OVR Arizona team and went 15-1. Winning each game by an average of 14 points. It was WAY too easy. That was with Armor and Sword's sliders if I remember correctly.

Does anyone have a far more difficult slider set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: So, who's found the best way to play All-Pro

I’m in the exact same boat. All madden is an absolute no go for me. Way too many shenanigans. All pro is too easy though. Would love some sliders to make all pro harder.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:39 AM   #3
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Can't you just adjust the sliders down for how they have it in All Madden? I'm sure if you mess with them you can find a satisfactory setting.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

I was in the same boat. To me, all pro is unplayable as the AI is awful but on All Madden I can't score and just kept getting blown out. I am back on all madden and finally found a good mix of sliders that allows me to have good games.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
I'm abandoning All-Madden. It's just too wonky and poorly designed to play it this year. The conflicts with RPM and Scripting make the game look absolutely nothing like football. That being said, I've heard some good things about All-Pro; however, I played 1 season on All-Pro with a 77 OVR Arizona team and went 15-1. Winning each game by an average of 14 points. It was WAY too easy. That was with Armor and Sword's sliders if I remember correctly.

Does anyone have a far more difficult slider set?
I am the Falcons in my offline CFM and they are arguably one of the best teams in the game (not in real life). My first season was just a test run to figure out the right sliders for me and for the game. I ended up winning the Super Boal and my regular season was mostly a joke. However, by the time I got to the playoffs I was having some decently competitive games.

In year 2 of my CFM I am 3-3 and am having to battle in every game to stay in the lead. I play 13 minutes quarters, All-Pro, accel clock to 20, and run a fairly realistic style of play (no recurring money plays, diverse defense, and limited switch on D).

Here are my current sliders. I would suggest applying them and playing 4 games...FOUR GAMES. That is because each team you play is different and playing one game where you get sacked 4 times and then increasing pass block is not the way to go about it. Also, be honest with yourself if it is the game's sliders impacting a play or your playcall/playstyle. Just because the other team runs for 200 yds doesn't mean sliders need to be changed. You might need better players or change your defensive play calling.

Player Skill:
QB Accuracy: 29
Pass Blocking: 37
WR Catching: 38
Run Blocking: 20
Fumbles: 54
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 25
Interceptions: 23
Pass Coverage: 27
Tackling: 30* (I have seen a lot of broken tackles lately and might be upping this)

CPU Skill:
QB Accuracy: 70
Pass Blocking: 51
WR Catching: 63
Run Blocking: 90
Fumbles: 46
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 85
Interceptions: 36
Pass Coverage: 90
Tackling: 90

I have also uploaded them for PS4, under BILLY4NY, All-Pro SIM Style 1.0. Hope you find this useful. It has made my CFM experience a lot better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy4NY
I am the Falcons in my offline CFM and they are arguably one of the best teams in the game (not in real life). My first season was just a test run to figure out the right sliders for me and for the game. I ended up winning the Super Boal and my regular season was mostly a joke. However, by the time I got to the playoffs I was having some decently competitive games.

In year 2 of my CFM I am 3-3 and am having to battle in every game to stay in the lead. I play 13 minutes quarters, All-Pro, accel clock to 20, and run a fairly realistic style of play (no recurring money plays, diverse defense, and limited switch on D).

Here are my current sliders. I would suggest applying them and playing 4 games...FOUR GAMES. That is because each team you play is different and playing one game where you get sacked 4 times and then increasing pass block is not the way to go about it. Also, be honest with yourself if it is the game's sliders impacting a play or your playcall/playstyle. Just because the other team runs for 200 yds doesn't mean sliders need to be changed. You might need better players or change your defensive play calling.

Player Skill:
QB Accuracy: 29
Pass Blocking: 37
WR Catching: 38
Run Blocking: 20
Fumbles: 54
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 25
Interceptions: 23
Pass Coverage: 27
Tackling: 30* (I have seen a lot of broken tackles lately and might be upping this)

CPU Skill:
QB Accuracy: 70
Pass Blocking: 51
WR Catching: 63
Run Blocking: 90
Fumbles: 46
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 85
Interceptions: 36
Pass Coverage: 90
Tackling: 90

I have also uploaded them for PS4, under BILLY4NY, All-Pro SIM Style 1.0. Hope you find this useful. It has made my CFM experience a lot better.
Absolutely wonderful. Thank you!!!

I'll actually try these out in pre-season and adjust as I go (I know you said not to adjust after each game, but if I'm seeing the same egregious errors consistently, I think it's safe to say that an adjustment is needed ). Pre-season proved to be pretty useful in determining sliders tbh.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #7
MVP

The AI is weak, for a host of reasons which I do not care to debate or argue, but I'm of the opinion that it will remain that way indefinitely. You can attempt to tilt the playing field via sliders, but it's my experience that you would still need to self handicap to keep the AI competitive.

If you're like me and don't want to do either of those things then answer is to play against humans. Find a good (for you) league if you don't want to wander into the wild west of H2H against randoms.

The game is designed to be played H2H, imo, and a good game (whatever that means to you) is the most satisfying experience that Madden has to offer.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #8
Rookie

I'm having similar issues. I've fixed human passing with the sliders, but even with 25 to run block, I still have holes you can drive a semi through. With 85 run block, the AI still has 14 carries for 16 yards with Kareem Hunt, and forget the AI throwing the ball any further than 8 yards.

Meanwhile, the psychic AI on All-Madden is ridiculous.

I'm trying different slider sets, but nothing feels accurate, or challenging while still on the same playing field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »