Home

Fumbles from QBs.

This is a discussion on Fumbles from QBs. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #9
Banned

SportzMan69's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fumbles from QBs.

The AI QB doesn't fumble enough as well. Actually ever since they made the hit stick worthless fumbles from the AI happen rarely if any at all.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #10
Rookie

m29a's Arena

I'm honestly not sure how you guys are fumbling all the time. I'm using Lamar Jackson in my franchise as well and I'm in week 11 with only 3 fumbles. As long as you slide often during scrambles and also make sure to NOT throw when you're about to get sacked, you won't fumble often.

Last edited by m29a; 10-16-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Can't say I've had issues with fumbling from my QB either, and I got Dak Prescott sacked like 50+ times in the first season I completed (playing 15 minute quarters).

Sliding with the QB obviously minimizes the chance of fumbling at the end of scrambles / QB keepers. If you're fumbling during sacks, you might be trying to throw either during a throw or right as the pressure arrives. You might have better luck by learning to take the sack, or (ideally) improving at blitz IDs and protection adjustments pre-snap to avoid getting sacked at all. Pre-snap motion is incredibly useful for IDing blitzes this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan44
I agree 100%. The QB fumbles are way to high especially on sacks. My only two real gripes about this game is that and the WR's never dragging their feet on catches by the sideline. Hope those get patched in soon.
I've been pressing X (possession catch), for sideline catches and it has worked really well. Not sure if WR needs to have the "feet in bounds trait" in addition.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #13
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
I've been pressing X (possession catch), for sideline catches and it has worked really well. Not sure if WR needs to have the "feet in bounds trait" in addition.
Possession catch is the only way I've found to get my WR to attempt to keep is feet in bounds along the sideline or the back of the endzone. If you don't user the WR the CPU will not even attempt to get their feet in bounds for you.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 AM   #14
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

My only issue is the cpu qb never seems to fumble when I hit the, even when I have their slider lower. But for me I also get tons of sack fumbles, but otherwise if I fumble by running then that’s my fault
Old 10-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Can't say I've had issues with fumbling from my QB either, and I got Dak Prescott sacked like 50+ times in the first season I completed (playing 15 minute quarters).

Sliding with the QB obviously minimizes the chance of fumbling at the end of scrambles / QB keepers. If you're fumbling during sacks, you might be trying to throw either during a throw or right as the pressure arrives. You might have better luck by learning to take the sack, or (ideally) improving at blitz IDs and protection adjustments pre-snap to avoid getting sacked at all. Pre-snap motion is incredibly useful for IDing blitzes this year.
They rebalanced fumbles to where User QB's aren't fumbling as much (except on PA plays but that's a whole other issue).

I've had more of a problem getting the AI to fumble.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »