Home

Give us the option to revert back to previous patches

This is a discussion on Give us the option to revert back to previous patches within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Give us the option to revert back to previous patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I watched it all. My point remains. Competitive Madden looks nothing like a real football game. It's a cheese-fest.

I'm not saying that the guy who lost doesn't have a legit issue. I'd be salty too, and I absolutely understand. However, not unlike most things in life, chance can and will stick it's proverbial 'd' in your proverbial 'a' from time to time. Unfortunately for him, it happened to be a costly situation. This just helps solidify my point that Madden isn't a great e-sports platform, in that chance or glitches has a much more impactful effect even to someone who can play the game letter perfect. RNG has been the bane of e-sports in some opinions. I'm guessing this guy probably thinks so too.

I repeat: the video is much wider and deeper than just a comment on one play.

Look at the second action Eric is showing: anything else than just a huge bug all players experience everyday and nobody cares? I mean, I had countless of helmet pass defense and even more times a DB staring at the ball doing absolutely nothing. And if you user, you press any button and nothing happens, nothing.

It's this, that and, litterally hundreds of others like this and then they release a patch to solve the unbelievable case of Vick being chased and sacked, without even considering - for instance - that in the process of solving the case they killed man coverage for everybody everytime.

It's not a question of esports, it's a question of trying a game, enjoying the game, buying the game and after two months you are forced to play something else or leave it there, this is what the video and all the messages Problem posted are about.

Last edited by TizziBoy; 10-23-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #42
Rookie

And for the records, that video was the continuation of another video Eric posted a couple of weeks ago that was even more clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq2-lQxwOPI
Old 10-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #43
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
I repeat: the video is much wider and deeper than just a comment on one play.

Look at the second action Eric is showing: anything else than just a huge bug all players experience everyday and nobody cares? I mean, I had countless of helmet pass defense and even more times a DB staring at the ball doing absolutely nothing. And if you user, you press any button and nothing happens, nothing.

It's this, that and, litterally hundreds of others like this and then they release a patch to solve the unbelievable case of Vick being chased and sacked, without even considering - for instance - that in the process of solving the case they killed man coverage for everybody everytime.

It's not a question of esports, it's a question of trying a game, enjoying the game, buying the game and after two months you are forced to play something else or leave it there, this is what the video and all the messages Problem posted are about.

I totally understand. Since you and/or other people (myself included on many occasions) are not happy with patches and updates, I can only suggest to not download said patches. That doesn't solve the problem in many cases and certainly doesn't solve anything as far as online/competitive play goes, but ultimately the game is their property.

I agree that the ability to select updates and patches is ideal, and I honestly think it's crappy that in this instance we can't, but it's just the way it is.

I am by no means justifying EA's stance on patches with Madden. I also really think as a representation of simulation football - Madden is laughably bad. They need to honestly start fresh. I just don't see it happening soon. The money they make is all the reassurance they need to continue doing what they are doing despite what you think about this instance or what I think about how they completely neglect any and all rules of physics. Which, as I said, sucks, but it's their game, I accept it and like an idiot, give them money. That said - there is no chance I'd ever invest time, effort, money and emotion into this game beyond the initial purchase price and whenever I turn it on and play. Anyone doing so should know, and are told, that at any time anything you think you know about the game is subject to change and EA doesn't care if it makes you happy, earns you 200k or makes you cry.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I totally understand. Since you and/or other people (myself included on many occasions) are not happy with patches and updates, I can only suggest to not download said patches.

The only way to do it on PC is to disconnect the PC from the internet before launching the game EVERY SINGLE TIME you play.
You start the game even just once while connected to the internet and bang, it's gone: you must patch.
That's the topic of the whole thread.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #45
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
The only way to do it on PC is to disconnect the PC from the internet before launching the game EVERY SINGLE TIME you play.
You start the game even just once while connected to the internet and bang, it's gone: you must patch.
That's the topic of the whole thread.

That's unfortunate, and certainly an inconvenience. Hopefully it gets patched (not ironically) soon and you won't have to deal with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Competitive is all about head-to-head competition and tournament play. This is where user stick-skills are king and certain outcomes will be heavily weighted based on game situations and ratings thresholds. Penalties are limited, there are no injuries, and random outcomes are rare.

COMPETITIVE

Going for an interception with a wide open defensive player who has a good catch rating leads to a significantly-lower chance of them dropping the ball
Throwing from a clean pocket with the QB’s feet set reduces the chance of an inaccurate pass, providing they have a good pass accuracy rating based on the throw type and that you’re not using any passing mechanics
There’s a significantly lower chance of a dropped catch when a receiver is considered wide open and has a good catch rating
There’s a decreased chance of offensive wins in multiplayer catch outcomes, such as throwing to covered receiver
Only AI players with the big hitter trait can hit stick.

The above was taken from the Madden 18 website and there is verbage in the above that is interesting: "significantly lower chance" "good catch rating" and "ratings thresholds."

I like EricRay's videos as he is very well balanced, but admits he doesn't play CFM. Sure, that mode could use some deeping to it, but they have added some decent additions to CFM since release.

This is where I differ with EricRay and this falls more on EA than anything. He mentioned the run game was great upon game release and I disagree because we play different game styles. The CPU run game was a hot mess upon release and with subsequent title updates, the CPU run game has improved.

Madden needs to cater more to the needs of each individual mode instead of listening to one group of players and fixing the specific area and having it cause a ripple affect with the other modes and players.

ie example- Don't take out DH all across the board, just take it out in competitive where the complaining is coming from.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:38 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is where I differ with EricRay and this falls more on EA than anything. He mentioned the run game was great upon game release and I disagree because we play different game styles. The CPU run game was a hot mess upon release and with subsequent title updates, the CPU run game has improved.

This is the point: I don't wanna trade a little improvement in CPU running with a total blow-up in a thousand other aspects of the game.

If you do, it's just fine, I don't and many other people apparently don't.

I play CFM and only CFM - my franchise was in year 2032 before the last patch - I payed for the trial and there was very good coverage both sides, I went through the first patches re-tinkering every time, still good coverage, still good CPU QB, even at AM, the game was still good but now all of a sudden... c'mon, double the threshold?!?!?!? Are you kidding me? I mean ONE notch in speed threshold makes a big difference basically in all aspects of the game, did they really think they could DOUBLE it without consequences? I really have the feeling they don't know their game anymore.

In fact consequences are there, man coverage is gone completely, press is more useless than ever, you have instant sacks, AM is basically unplayable as cpu QB doesn't miss a single throw and as expected if you bring back the slider to 75 - which should be the old 50 - the game doesn't play as it played pre patch!

And then you look around and you see videos like those from Eric or this one from SGO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DK1AnhNYc
And they are both reliable sources and you really start asking yourself: is it really worth? Do I really wanna spend another weekend tinkering just to have everything gone with the next patch, that may even be on monday because they don't even give you a schedule?

I think it's really time for some kind of strike. They already got my money, so that's gone, for some crazy reason I can't get it back even if the game is not the game I bought, but I really hope MUT player stop paying extras and if anybody reading these words still have to buy the game, I warmly suggest to spend money somewhere else.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #48
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I failed to bring up this point, too.

Last year, the CPU QB scrambling issues wasn't addressed till February, probably after the SB.

Even though it did make improvements, they (EA) continued to improve the game through February. And poof, it was gone again at the start of the year and has returned.

I certainly have my sim issues with this game, but I'm not seeing where they nerfed man to man coverage, in fact, I'm complaining now because I'm having a heckuva time finding an open wide WR.

I don't venture into AM land, so, I won't be able to comment on that.

Each one of us can have different and varying opinions of the game and that depends if you are still playing it at this point or not. Nobody is wrong in their opinions shared here.

It's a matter of at that point, to each their own.

One final thought- I'm all for all the options available to the user, if people wish to shut the title updates off upon purchase, there should be an option for that.

Last edited by roadman; 10-23-2018 at 04:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »