Home

Where did OC and DC go in franchise?

This is a discussion on Where did OC and DC go in franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2020, 07:43 AM   #25
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Where did OC and DC go in franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I may be misremembering but I’m pretty sure the coaches all gave you stat boost like LBs +2 Tackle or WRs plus +Catch.

Pretty sure it simulated coaches basically having specialty positions.
Yep, with negatives in other areas...at least in the earlier versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2020, 02:21 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I may be misremembering but I’m pretty sure the coaches all gave you stat boost like LBs +2 Tackle or WRs plus +Catch.

Pretty sure it simulated coaches basically having specialty positions.
This is facts

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2020, 02:24 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ben Haumiller addressed this issue during a q and a session before the game arrived.

He said it's a lot different now than before when coordinators were in the game. Now, they need to sign them into the game.

The short answer is why not put in fake names and be done with it, but sounds like they want to go the authentic route.
There is an asst coach assoc as well that they would have to pay for to get assistants in the game which sucks

Old 07-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I have no issue if they took the NHL route and having fictional coordinators. I thought that would've been the test for Madden. I thought if it was well received in NHL, then they would have been more comfortable having fictional coaches. I can understand wanting to be authentic. But when it comes to coordinators, I doubt anyone would really care if they were fictional. With most of the HCs calling plays nowadays, most don't know most of the coordinators. There are teams like Eagles, Cardinals, SF, Hou that don't have an official OC.

Just go fictional but with ability to edit them. I don't think coordinators are apart of an single entity like HCs are in Coaches Association. So I get it'll be harder to individual license the coordinators because you want everyone to be on a similar deal and don't want some opt not to be in game. Just go fictional, it'll be a lot more resourceful to just doing fictional coordinators
Old 07-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #29
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman43
There is an asst coach assoc as well that they would have to pay for to get assistants in the game which sucks

Yea but they could absolutely go the fictional route if they wanted. I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone has ever asked for REAL coordinators in the game, we just want HC, OC, DC and ST coaches. Make up the names and appearances of the last 3
Old 07-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Yea but they could absolutely go the fictional route if they wanted. I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone has ever asked for REAL coordinators in the game, we just want HC, OC, DC and ST coaches. Make up the names and appearances of the last 3
Exactly. Most of us just want Coach Carousel and have coaches that actually impact games. I haven't seen one person complain that a Greg Roman or a Robert Saleh or Josh McDaniels isn't in game. Most would be happy with fictional coordinators with schemes, playbooks, and skill trees and see them get hired as HCs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »