Home

Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game.

This is a discussion on Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2019, 06:26 PM   #25
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game.

When PS5 arrives, the developers have the tools and power to make realistic , motion captured animations / player collisions without any clipping.It will be like you watching a real NFL game on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette
When PS5 arrives, the developers have the tools and power to make realistic , motion captured animations / player collisions without any clipping.It will be like you watching a real NFL game on TV.

The tools for motion capture have existed for awhile and EA Tiburon has been using those tools for a long time. The tools for no clipping... that's probably not coming anytime soon even with the new consoles.

― Plato
Old 05-23-2019, 06:54 AM   #27
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Don't worry guys, we'll at least have awesome hair physics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQ-kR12kr4

If only Polamalu was still playing.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:19 AM   #28
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I’ve said this for at least 10 years. It always falls on deaf ears. The running animations are better, but still not great. There were a few years where I just couldn’t even bring myself to buy the game because it was so bad. Always said they were running with corn cobbs stuck up their butts.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

The key is the transitions or lack there of. Unbreakable animations are also a huge problem. I don't know why those still exist. I've seen way too many situaitons where a back goes into an unbreakable animation and has 3 defenders fall over him while he's breaking a tackle and then runs for a td...
Old 05-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #30
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Per the stream, supposedly locomotion received an update.

RPM was quite ugly in FIFA in Year 1, but was cleaned up a good bit in following years. Hopefully the same can be said with Madden 20. Of course, EA Play will reveal a good bit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-26-2019, 08:44 AM   #31
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't know how they did it (and apparently nobody at Tiburon does either) but Visual Concepts was able to visually recreate the sense of speed, suddeness and explosiveness upon impact between players. Madden, on the other hand, has this subtle floaty, underwater feel and look to player movement and interaction that takes away from immersion and its something that has always bothered me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I don't know how they did it (and apparently nobody at Tiburon does either) but Visual Concepts was able to visually recreate the sense of speed, suddeness and explosiveness upon impact between players. Madden, on the other hand, has this subtle floaty, underwater feel and look to player movement and interaction that takes away from immersion and its something that has always bothered me.
Unfortunately until they make the “ground” part of the physics interaction, the floaty feel will always be there because all the animations are just layered overtop the ground currently.

I don’t know how they would accomplish this though, even though it seems like a simple task from just a thoughtful concept.

I do remember from EA Play discussions 2 yrs ago, that Longshot was built from the ground up showcasing true “RPM” from a clean slate instead of built on top of the mess we’ve been playing with.

I revisited the 1st Longshot and the “gameplay movement” during the high school gameplay is spot on, especially the change of direction on the defensive side of the ball.

Again though, that was using RPM from a clean slate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »