Home

Madden NFL 20 Twitch Stream - Gameplay Deep Dive

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Twitch Stream - Gameplay Deep Dive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2019, 11:44 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Stream - Gameplay Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Like I mentioned before, my theory is they still can't get players lined up correctly. So what they do is instead of taking time & fixing it - is claim the we want more gameplay quicker, it's a benefit, and they're giving us something. Gameplay speeds were removed because they couldn't get it to work - same thing here imo.
Exactly what I was saying in my post! They couldn't figure out how to get players to stop completely walking through each other's bodies when breaking the huddle on offense & walking to the line of scrimmage (which blows my mind for a 2019 triple A football game to have this problem), so instead of fixing it by adding collision detection & contextual awareness, they just decided to eliminate the walking to the line of scrimmage all together...

I would rather them have fixed the issue & kept the walk ups, but at the same time I couldn't even play Madden 19 because of these types of issues. Nothing kills my immersion more than seeing players completely walking through bodies. All I'm asking for is a polished game. Is that too much to ask going into 2020? Lol
Old 05-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #58
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
All I'm asking for is a polished game. Is that too much to ask going into 2020? Lol
Clearly yes , yes it is asking WAY too much .....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If they are truly removing all of the presentation between plays then that is a huge issue to me. I don't understand why they can't make the Competitive mode be like what they are aiming for, but leave the Sim mode to where if I never skip a thing it plays every single thing out real-time like a real game. This is just like them removing the Game Speed options. If you aren't going to be able to fix it, at least leave it in for those that still enjoyed it despite its flaws. You look worse removing all of it together. I noticed the QB would be behind the TE and sidestep 5 yards to get lined up sometimes, but it never broke the immersion for me too much as usually I was reading the alignments and matchups anyways. Removing the walkups altogether is 1,000,000x worse than not fixing the few issues there still.

EA is making some very very strange choices this cycle which disappoints me as 19 was the first Madden I had bought in years and the furthest I'd gotten into an NFL franchise mode since 2k5.

― Plato
Old 05-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #60
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If they are truly removing all of the presentation between plays then that is a huge issue to me. I don't understand why they can't make the Competitive mode be like what they are aiming for, but leave the Sim mode to where if I never skip a thing it plays every single thing out real-time like a real game. This is just like them removing the Game Speed options. If you aren't going to be able to fix it, at least leave it in for those that still enjoyed it despite its flaws. You look worse removing all of it together. I noticed the QB would be behind the TE and sidestep 5 yards to get lined up sometimes, but it never broke the immersion for me too much as usually I was reading the alignments and matchups anyways. Removing the walkups altogether is 1,000,000x worse than not fixing the few issues there still.

EA is making some very very strange choices this cycle which disappoints me as 19 was the first Madden I had bought in years and the furthest I'd gotten into an NFL franchise mode since 2k5.

What i really do not for the life of me understand about this issue. Why not give people the OPTION ......to view or not view? Why is EA so affraid of giving people choices? Leave the stuff in there, if people want to skip it there are two ways around this i can think of right off the top of my head.

1- Let you press X to skip

2- Have an option in settings :
Streamline Gameplay and Remove Cutscenes - ON or OFF

See how simple that is EA? #ComeOnMan

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
I was thinking similarly to this when I saw the Franchise blog and stream. Did I miss something?? Sounded a lot like Superstar Mode to me.
They didn't mention a ton from gameplay. I was hoping to hear more about tackling and lineplay but... of course.

I am excited about playbooks and RPOs. I really didn't like how stale the playbooks felt this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #62
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Strange choices are right.

A) They still can't figure out the movement issue/cause on different speeds.

B) They know how to fix but don't have the time/resources.

C) They still can't figure out the issue/cause of the walk up to line movement with the QB.

D) They know how to fix, but don't have the time/resources.

E) Solution: Remove & spin as EA is giving the user something in return (buying time). " We want you quicker to the action!" Yada yada

F) Re-introduce as new features & presentation at a later date. Say we've been listening to the fan base - EA is the hero. Win win for them. Just my prospective

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-24-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #63
Rookie

man, I'm just glad I don't have to look at the coach standing there in between plays anymore. How did that stay in the game for so long?

I personally like this move to speed up the game because I don't have a lot of time to get a full game in these days. However, like you guys said, why not just give the option to skip it with a button push or turn it off in a menu?
Old 05-24-2019, 03:27 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just can't with them....this is CLEARLY because they "can't" (really don't want to) fix the core issues of their game. This was why we had presentation options before (Full, Quick, etc. - might be forgetting the nomenclature). The option was always there, so it's clearly a choice not to clean up their flaws.
I'm not buying Madden 20 but I do have EA Access since I like to play Live and FIFA among the other Vault games. It's such a shame it's come to this point, and there's nothing that can be done. I find it hard to believe people asked for Superstar X-Factor the most (something that by virtue should be addressed by the ratings anyway) over more realistic gameplay, presentation, highlight shows in Franchise, etc. Obviously, I'll be able to give the game a chance, but I'm already highly turned off by the fact I can't play on Slow anymore which made the game playable to me. It looks even more robotic on Normal, and the blocking and interactions are worse than Slow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »