Home

Madden 20 EA Play Gameplay clips from Live Stream (WIP)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 EA Play Gameplay clips from Live Stream (WIP) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 EA Play Gameplay clips from Live Stream (WIP)

Why can you drop back in the pocket so far in this game? I agree with the points you made, they’ve done this to themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #26
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Madden 20 Ea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
That's pretty much any Madden video though. Regardless, people have to realize that it's the little negatives that add up to create a bad game. Things like the "block FG and punt hitch." The "moonwalking DB's". The "superman linebackers". The "I'm a db in the redzone so I'm gonna freeze for a second while my receiver gets half an inch ahead" glitch. The "fall forward glitch." The "solar eclipse games". The "I just caught an interception.... let me just lay here then get up in frustration" glitch. The "Fifa" glitch. The "170 lb Ray Lewis hitsticks". The "catch a screen and run backwards" glitch. The "guard goes behind tackle to double team" glitch. The "5 foot 2 pass trajectory" glitch. The "peruse where the ball carrier is, but not where he will be" glitch. The "he's already in a tackle animation so I can't hit him too" glitch. The "falling backwards out-of-bounds catch... oh wait, I'm still in bounds" glitch. The "interception through your soul" glitch. The "you can't jump for the interception because I'm doing an aggressive catch" glitch. The sad part is that half of these things aren't actually glitches. I just don't see how people can say that pointing these things out is being ridiculous. WE'VE ALL SEEN THEM BEFORE. Usually, in every single game we play. I know people wanna be hype during this time, and it seems like we're raining on your parade, but that is not what's going on. We're just making sure that both the good and the bad of the game is seeing the light of day. We can focus on what's right with the game once they fix most of the things that are wrong. IDC that a house has 123,000 sq ft if the foundation is built on quick sand.
WOW! You sounded just like moody. Would you be doing some marketing?
Old 06-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

"If it's in the game, and it's good, it's gonna be removed when the new consoles come out and we'll add it back at the end of the next cycle. If it's in the game and it's bad, it's in the game."
I'm sure you were aware they haven't used that tag line for the last several years.

Edit- I'm not resisting this one, too easy. You would have know that if you purchased Madden in the last several years. lol

And the cliche aim high, shoot low still works. lol

Last edited by roadman; 06-08-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:11 PM   #28
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Uh no. I have a full time job in my mom's basement and I should be getting promoted to Chief Son Over 1st Floor sometime next August.

But, seriously, the reason I sound like Moody is because we both want Madden to be good. This is quite honestly the most hyped I've been for a Madden release in over a decade. All the "new" features sound amazing, and I can't wait to experience the NCAA Football mod on the PC. It just doesn't seem like it because my approach on OS is to, "Hope for everything, and expect nothing". I'm not here to kill any hopes for others. I'm here to remind people how EA has treated them in the past.

"If it's in the game, and it's good, it's gonna be removed when the new consoles come out and we'll add it back at the end of the next cycle. If it's in the game and it's bad, it's in the game."
How long has moody been overly negative and nitpicky, and how has that worked for him? How many subs compared to others who make criticisms but also give credit and provide other useful information about Madden?

Maybe there is a more effective means to helping build a better game?
Old 06-08-2019, 10:18 PM   #29
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: Madden 20 EA Play Gameplay clips from Live Stream (WIP)

Man, the only thing these "Abilities" are gonna do is make animation problems more frustrating lol. You can't add stuff like this until the core gameplay issues are fixed. There's a reason why we turn off the other features like Ball Hawk, they enable wonky gameplay now I feel like we are just gonna have the same animation problems but now amplified by these features that work similar to how Ball Hawk does when enabled.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I am impressed with how smooth the gameplay is looking. This is a good sign. They need to nail down the smoothness to really justify the taking away of the game speeds and it seems they are doing that. Now, the 2nd video was.... interesting. Mahomes turning around after that rollout was really ugly. He broke physics.

― Plato
Old 06-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Uh no. I have a full time job in my mom's basement and I should be getting promoted to Chief Son Over 1st Floor sometime next August.

But, seriously, the reason I sound like Moody is because we both want Madden to be good. This is quite honestly the most hyped I've been for a Madden release in over a decade. All the "new" features sound amazing, and I can't wait to experience the NCAA Football mod on the PC. It just doesn't seem like it because my approach on OS is to, "Hope for everything, and expect nothing". I'm not here to kill any hopes for others. I'm here to remind people how EA has treated them in the past.

I think you want the game to be good and I feel your criticisms are mostly valid, because I play the game and see them as well. Sliders can help to somewhat mitigate some, not all, of what you mentioned. Without calling out anyone specifically on YouTube concerning Madden, there are some folks who probably don't want the game to be good, because it would slow their roll and hurt their channel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 10:25 PM   #32
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
You’d be happier if you didn’t.
Yeah not a fan of him or his opinions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »